Davis wants to return

quabba

It's better than fuck all.. Shagger our biggerst asset(player wise) walked out on us After the support the club gave him. Paysmith walked out on us, after our medical staff seen him through too knee injuries. Yet with these two I now think what was the point.

Davis yes he Walked away however we got a fee for him so in my book thats ok.

We have not got any money as the SPL have still got it.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve Davis has said he would like to return to Ibrox in the future. I would welcome him back as he was one of the players we actually did get money for.

Would the rest of you guys welcome him?

http://www.heraldsco...brox.1360665771

as much as i was dissapointed in him, no let me correct that. i was fuckin raging :p20: .. i would welcome him back, despite the fact he would be a great addition to our squad. i just think he deserves a second chance :angel:

everyones deciding this on their opinion on how he left us.

are we forgetting that he was a very average player in the latter part of his time with us and not captain material IMO.

when we are back in the SPL we could do better than him, too much nostalgia for some on here, not enough with the need to get quality in.

Football fans are fickle if we signed him and mccabe in the summer everyone would moan. If we played Mcleod Mccabe and Davis in the middle v the taigs in the cup and he curled a winner into the top corner.. things would quickly change. Miller was bood at ibrox with his first touch,, in his last game "one kenny miller " was bellowed out the stand.. as has been said i think timing will be key.

TBH i would love to see Davis in the middle with mccabe and mcleod on either side.. mccabe has excelled this season.. if you haven't seen it check out his goal.. better than ness' v the taigs. Both him and davis say they want to come back.. i would consider it if we got grovelling apologies.

He left us when we needed him the most, what sort of message does that send to the support when the club captain leaves? If he stayed on the like Edu, Broaders etc. and waited for a move and made sure the club got anything from it then I would welcome him back but he didn't, he fucked off and he isn't welcome back.

I'm saying I don't know :) iv read reports of him having influence with this with his,signing fee.

I'm asking for those who say otherwise to show me as I'm not sure myself. Read it lassie

Never seen that, any links to it.

My reading of the quotes at the time was that they only paid up to avoid legal action and any potential delays to registrations that could stop him playing, at the time the transfers hadn't been cleared.

Even though he decided to go without knowing we were going to get a bean for him?

I see.

i am sure he was one of the last to leave as well. Sandy said it was only mcgregor that phoned him to tell him he was leaving so if davis cared that much he would've had the decency to tell Sandy. its a no from me.

No chance, never ever. Not even to watch a game let alone play. Not even to clean the toilets.

Hes a deserter, a rhat, a traitor who was never a Rangers man. Should never be linked with us again in any way.

All of these rhats still talk about us in the papers because they now realise they are not famous any more bacuse they left the biggest club they are ever going to play for, and now they try to exploit us to get back into the papers again.

In this article Davis is acting as though we got a signing fee for him without having to fight and threaten court action for it. Davis didnt give two fucks if we got money for him or not, he was gone, offski before even thinking about wether we'd be ok or if we'd get cash for him. Hes an utter disgrace.

i am sure he was one of the last to leave as well. Sandy said it was only mcgregor that phoned him to tell him he was leaving so if davis cared that much he would've had the decency to tell Sandy. its a no from me.

According to Ally both McGregor and Davis spoke with him before they left and both told him about their decisions once they made their minds up.

Not a chance. He was our club captain and he abandoned us. He pissed me off the most to be honest. A Rangers captain should stand firm and lead during the toughest times and he ran away like a coward. That and his last two seasons were mediocre to say the least.

Big Lee. David Weir. That's what a Rangers captain looks like.

(tu) well said mate although i doubt he said it .It was the herald.......

According to Ally both McGregor and Davis spoke with him before they left and both told him about their decisions once they made their minds up.

I thought McCoist said McGregor was the only one who called him.

I thought McCoist said McGregor was the only one who called him.

From RFFF minutes from a meeting in July.

"In relation to the players who had left, the manager confirmed that Alan McGregor and Steve Davis had discussed their positions with him and he could understand their predicament recognising they did not know what league they would be playing in, absence of European football etc."