Davis wants to return

quabba

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a chance. He was our club captain and he abandoned us. He pissed me off the most to be honest. A Rangers captain should stand firm and lead during the toughest times and he ran away like a coward. That and his last two seasons were mediocre to say the least.

Big Lee. David Weir. That's what a Rangers captain looks like.

It would have been best for me not to spend my savings on 2 ST, flights up to games, numerous tops, flags, scarves, dvds in the megastore. But I did it because I LOVE Rangers.

He can take his future hopes to fuck. You made your choice for yourself. Live with it.

Steve Davis has said he would like to return to Ibrox in the future. I would welcome him back as he was one of the players we actually did get money for.

We only got money for him because his club recognized our rights. His actions however were absolutely no different to the actions of Lafferty, Naismith, McGregor and the rest, and in my eyes he will never be accepted back at Ibrox

We only got money for him because his club recognized our rights. His actions however were absolutely no different to the actions of Lafferty, Naismith, McGregor and the rest, and in my eyes he will never be accepted back at Ibrox

Spot on (tu)

At first I said:

I wouldn't have a problem with Davis morally,as he did agree a deal to give the club some money.

The others are different.

With Davis, timing may be an issue.

But then I read:

Not a chance. He was our club captain and he abandoned us. He pissed me off the most to be honest. A Rangers captain should stand firm and lead during the toughest times and he ran away like a coward. That and his last two seasons were mediocre to say the least.

...and:

Big Lee. David Weir. That's what a Rangers captain looks like.

It would have been best for me not to spend my savings on 2 ST, flights up to games, numerous tops, flags, scarves, dvds in the megastore. But I did it because I LOVE Rangers.

He can take his future hopes to fuck. You made your choice for yourself. Live with it.

You chaps are convincing me to change my perspective on this one.

Valid points by both of you.

I'd like to think that by the time were back in the s pee el we will have the money, a proper scouting system in place to attract young good players to Ibrox and a training regime equal to or better than the likes of Swansea rather that have players who have already been and gone.

I'd imagine Davis would want to return when were back at the top league in 3 years time, so what age will he be by then?? I'd rather we had young energetic attacking players with pace when we start winning the s pee el every year again.

Iv nothing against Davis, good player but feel we could do better.

If we did sign him, people will moan about it initially and then accept him once he, and we, started putting performances in. Just like Johnston, Miller, etc.

This is true, I'm sure if Shagger returned and on his debut saved a penalty against the Tims or something he would probably be worshipped again but hopefully we don't allow returns to these guys in the first place.

Kerkar, Aluko, Edu, Bedoya on the other hand are more than welcome imo

The only reason we got money for him was because Soton wanted to be fair and do the right thing, when Davis walked away he didnt know Soton would pay a fee for him, he was only thinking about himself and as Rangers Captain at the time that was a shocking thing to do. Stay down south Steven and remember what you did to us.

Us actually getting some cash for him doesn't make any difference. You think he chapped the chairman of Southamptons door and asked him nicely to give us a few quid to appease our fans?

Absolutely not - they seen we had a legit case of grievance and settled, in fear of a FC Sion type case being raised against them and having fielded a player illegally registered.

Davis is a deserter, who grabbed his sign-on fee for his "young family". I hope he, like the rest of them, suffers a horror injury.

If we did sign him, people will moan about it initially and then accept him once he, and we, started putting performances in. Just like Johnston, Miller, etc.

I'd agree with this big time. If Davis scored against Celtic all would be forgiven (tu)

This is true, I'm sure if Shagger returned and on his debut saved a penalty against the Tims or something he would probably be worshipped again but hopefully we don't allow returns to these guys in the first place.

Kerkar, Aluko, Edu, Bedoya on the other hand are more than welcome imo

People act like spurned lovers whenever these guys are mentioned, I find it all a bit pathetic.