Davis wants to return

quabba

No thanks.

Comparisons with Miller are way off the mark. Miller was a football mercenary who played for the scum after leaving us.

Davis was a boyhood fan and the club captain. He opted to leave the club for free - most likely lining his own pockets with an inflated signing-on fee in the process - when he could've transferred across on the same wages and ensured a transfer fee.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't happen for too many reasons.

Was not a great Captain and hid for the majority of the time.

Moaned about being put out on the right but had no impact when moved into the centre.

To even talk about coming back helps no one apart from the press who get a story from it.

He should move on with his career and accept what he has lost.

Won't happen for too many reasons.

Was not a great Captain and hid for the majority of the time.

Moaned about being put out on the right but had no impact when moved into the centre.

To even talk about coming back helps no one apart from the press who get a story from it.

He should move on with his career and accept what he has lost.

He'll probably not think along those lines when he enjoys the hospitality of all those (dozens apparently) Southampton Supporters Club dances in and around Belfast in years to come. :pipe:

Davis didnt mention asking Southampton to pay Rangers a fee and you can be certain that if he'd negotiated a deal with them he'd be crowing about it in that article today. The sad fact is he is no different from the other 4 but the club he signed for was. He talks of having a clear conscience but only Southampton have the clear conscience in this instance.

In my opinion, this move would be wrong on two levels.

Putting aside the nature of his departure (Judas), he'll be past it by the time he wants to (hypothetically) return to us. I can't see him offering to play for buttons, so can only assume he'd be looking for a relatively high wage.

We need to move forward, not backwards. Blowing our limited wage budget on over the hill players is not an idea we should be considering.

If anything we should be developing / scouting the next Davis-esque player.

Edit: *the next Davis-esque player in terms of footballing ability.

I wouldent like to see him back as a player,i heard him saying he will be back as a fan somtime.

I do wonder where these ex players think they are going to sit,its almost as bad as craig whytes seats for life pish!!!

You abandoned us,you were a shitty captain,enjoy life down south!

im gonna go against the grain here and say i would take him back, if he apologises for what he did then im not above forgiveness and if he wants to take a cut in wages and come back then id be more than happy to welcome him back .... that goes for the rest of them too

People need to remember that playing football for these guys is not a hobbie, it's their jobs and their livelihoods. It's the fuel in their car, the clothes on them and their wife's/children's backs, the food on their plates. Yes, they have a great job and its a bonus and privilege to play for the club you have supported, but they are still employees doing their job.

None of us can imagine what that was like for them. It was horrible and exhausting for us as fans, imagine what it would have been like to work under that? I don't blame them for taking the first route out following advice from their union that it was ok to do so.

Where I work just now there is a massive issue boiling over and job losses are looming an the plant is teetering on the brink. It has been going on for about a year now and im sick of it. If somebody were to offer me a job today in a stable environment on the same or even slightly less money than I'm on just now, I'd take it without a moments hesitation to get shot of this company who have screwed me and my workmates over for a year now and kept us in the dark about what's going on.

I'd welcome him back. Infact I'd welcome them all back.

Ask yourself this. Would Southampton still have been interested in Davis if he'd transferred over? Would Everton have still chased Naismith if he'd transferred over? The answer is, yes. Ask yourself another question. Would Rangers have been difficult to deal with over fee's? The answer to that one is no! Green & McCoist were quoted in the press saying as much. Transferring to the Newco would not have made the likes of Davis & Naismith bad football players over night. Therefore, there's NO excuse. Yes, I can understand that it's their livelihood at the end of the day, but if anything, being with a Div 3 club would actually have made the situation slightly better for the players, as even if (and it's a very small if) they hadn't sealed a move, they would still have the wages we were paying them. The only difference would have been that, rather than pay a handsome signing on fee to the player, the clubs would have paid a minimal transfer fee to Rangers.

In my opinion, every one of them knew this & put themselves first before the club. I don't believe for one minute they thought they couldn't get a move if they'd transferred over. I just don't buy it & all the Crocodile tears are not going to sway me one iota.

On a personal note, I hope things turn out fine in with your job!

Ask yourself this. Would Southampton still have been interested in Davis if he'd transferred over? Would Everton have still chased Naismith if he'd transferred over? The answer is, yes. Ask yourself another question. Would Rangers have been difficult to deal with over fee's? The answer to that one is no! Green & McCoist were quoted in the press saying as much. Transferring to the Newco would not have made the likes of Davis & Naismith bad football players over night. Therefore, there's NO excuse. Yes, I can understand that it's their livelihood at the end of the day, but if anything, being with a Div 3 club would actually have made the situation slightly better for the players, as even if (and it's a very small if) they hadn't sealed a move, they would still have the wages we were paying them. The only difference would have been that, rather than pay a handsome signing on fee to the player, the clubs would have paid a minimal transfer fee to Rangers.

In my opinion, every one of them knew this & put themselves first before the club. I don't believe for one minute they thought they couldn't get a move if they'd transferred over. I just don't buy it & all the Crocodile tears are not going to sway me one iota.

On a personal note, I hope things turn out fine in with your job!

Don't forget they had much reduced release clauses put into their contracts as part of the wage cuts deal.

Of course they'd have got moves, easily.

It would have been best for me not to spend my savings on 2 ST, flights up to games, numerous tops, flags, scarves, dvds in the megastore. But I did it because I LOVE Rangers.

He can take his future hopes to fuck. You made your choice for yourself. Live with it.

Spot on. Him along with the others who deserted us in our hour of need will always be rememberd as the cretins they are and will never be welcome back at Ibrox.

People need to remember that playing football for these guys is not a hobbie, it's their jobs and their livelihoods. It's the fuel in their car, the clothes on them and their wife's/children's backs, the food on their plates. Yes, they have a great job and its a bonus and privilege to play for the club you have supported, but they are still employees doing their job.

None of us can imagine what that was like for them. It was horrible and exhausting for us as fans, imagine what it would have been like to work under that? I don't blame them for taking the first route out following advice from their union that it was ok to do so.

Where I work just now there is a massive issue boiling over and job losses are looming an the plant is teetering on the brink. It has been going on for about a year now and im sick of it. If somebody were to offer me a job today in a stable environment on the same or even slightly less money than I'm on just now, I'd take it without a moments hesitation to get shot of this company who have screwed me and my workmates over for a year now and kept us in the dark about what's going on.

I'd welcome him back. Infact I'd welcome them all back.

No offence but I really hate these comparisons.

Yes it's a job but a job that has made them and continues to make them multi-millionaires, there is no way that can or should be compared to people in more ordinary jobs that need a wage every week to keep them and their family secure. All people wanted was for them to hang fire for a week or two (while still being paid the full terms of their contracts) to let the club get a small fee, nobody is going to convince me that would have put them or their families at any sort of risk. Even when administration hit they still got paid in full until wage cuts were agreed.

So i'm afraid putting them into the same category as your situation is wrong IMO.