Davis wants to return

quabba

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tweets

People need to remember that playing football for these guys is not a hobbie, it's their jobs and their livelihoods. It's the fuel in their car, the clothes on them and their wife's/children's backs, the food on their plates. Yes, they have a great job and its a bonus and privilege to play for the club you have supported, but they are still employees doing their job.

None of us can imagine what that was like for them. It was horrible and exhausting for us as fans, imagine what it would have been like to work under that? I don't blame them for taking the first route out following advice from their union that it was ok to do so.

Where I work just now there is a massive issue boiling over and job losses are looming an the plant is teetering on the brink. It has been going on for about a year now and im sick of it. If somebody were to offer me a job today in a stable environment on the same or even slightly less money than I'm on just now, I'd take it without a moments hesitation to get shot of this company who have screwed me and my workmates over for a year now and kept us in the dark about what's going on.

I'd welcome him back. Infact I'd welcome them all back.

wise words away from the usual shite. Yeah we all love RFC but this is their jobs ffs and a short lived one at that. Fans have to realise that no longer are players sticking to one club in their careers. IMO it's all to easy to judge as a man on the street when it comes to footy stars and loyalty ffs do you think the likes of little would be here had some championship club offered 20 grand per wk? I very much doubt it . Loyalty is great but usually underpinned by an alterier motive. Ask yourselves if someone offered you a triple oat rise what would you do? I know what I would do. I expect the usual low mentality responses but anybody who knows me knows I love the rangers and always will.

wise words away from the usual shite. Yeah we all love RFC but this is their jobs ffs and a short lived one at that. Fans have to realise that no longer are players sticking to one club in their careers. IMO it's all to easy to judge as a man on the street when it comes to footy stars and loyalty ffs do you think the likes of little would be here had some championship club offered 20 grand per wk? I very much doubt it . Loyalty is great but usually underpinned by an alterier motive. Ask yourselves if someone offered you a triple oat rise what would you do? I know what I would do. I expect the usual low mentality responses but anybody who knows me knows I love the rangers and always will.

I don't want us signing players who are at the end of their careers and can't get any other club.

Davis sees us as some kind of pension plan to extend his career, so if he isn't interested now, then we should show him the same lack of interest later.

Rangers have to put the team first and walk away from Davis if any future return is mooted.

From RFFF minutes from a meeting in July.

"In relation to the players who had left, the manager confirmed that Alan McGregor and Steve Davis had discussed their positions with him and he could understand their predicament recognising they did not know what league they would be playing in, absence of European football ect "

Aye and one went to a club with a European ban and the other to a club with not a fucking chance of European football, pair of bullshitting :wanker:

They chased the coin, simples.

He'll fill his pockets in EPL then championship then try a move back to us, his 'boyhood heroes' to top up his pension.

By that time Macleod and McKay will be bossing the midfield and our much improved youth system (hopefully) will mean he would be well down the pecking order.

Overall, money wasted.

Sorry Steve, your boat's sailed.

like so manyhave probably said already, the fact we got cash for him was sod all to do with him! It was Southampton who acted properly! Davis left well before any settlement had been agreed! Like the reat of the rats who jumped ship, he can go fuck himself! These type of comments just go to show how much contempt these cunts show us! If they really loved the club then they wouldn't have left the way they did. Makes my blood boil listening to them now saying they'd love to come back!! Fuck off Judas pricks!!!

The ones that left the club in its most dark time knew that once they left via the back door they showed the club and its fans that they had no integrity no loyalty and most of all no desire to stand by the manager and thousands of fans. P.S has Whittaker played a game in Europe yet naw didn't think so.