Charles Green wants fundraising match for Paul Gascoigne vs Newcastle

LeeWallaceRFC

RANGERS are in talks with Newcastle United to arrange a fundraising friendly in aid of stricken legend Paul Gascoigne.

The former Rangers midfielder, 45, is in rehab in the US to try to treat his alcoholism. In a meeting with the Sydney branch of the Rangers supporters club, Ibrox chief Charles Green revealed he wants to play Newcastle – Gazza’s first club – in a friendly before the start of next season. Newcastle owner Mike Ashley is also an investor in Rangers and Green has discussed playing a game for Gascoigne with the Newcastle chief. “I will be looking to arrange a game with Newcastle to raise funds to support Gazza – a Rangers and Newcastle legend. I am also in talks to have a friendly with Arsenal and we will be buying back our shares in Arsenal.

http://www.scotsman....igne-1-2792160?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully it happens and all but for me, its not just a money issue with Gaza is it? He really needs to want to help himself. Money can only do so much.

This (tu) great occasion for two clubs very close to Pauls heart to show our love for him but this is not a money issue, until Paul is fully well i would say all money raised should go to his care and if theres any left it should be put somewhere where he can only access it once hes sober and not in a place to blow it.

This (tu) great occasion for two clubs very close to Pauls heart to show our love for him but this is not a money issue, until Paul is fully well i would say all money raised should go to his care and if theres any left it should be put somewhere where he can only access it once hes sober and not in a place to blow it.

the only way to go is for a third party to handle the funds and decide where when and how they are administered in order to help gaza.

i wish him all the best (tu)