Rangers ask Neil Alexander to take 50% wage cut as he's offered new 1 year deal

LeeWallaceRFC

This may be true or then again it may not. To me it looks like another one of those "shit stirring" stories that have been doing the rounds over the last few weeks concerning our wage bill. We had the same on Radio Scotland at lunch time today as well. There seems to be an element of "how dare you" pay your players so much, after all you're only a third division club. Well with the biggest home gate in Scotland and about the third or fourth highest in the UK it's up to Rangers, not Scott Burns, Cosgrove or anybody else in the media.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering though - if Alexander left at the end of the season we would be without an experienced keeper until 1st September ( we played 6 games in August 2012) and thats only if we got another goalie like Bell to sign a pre contract.

Would we be able to play Bell as a trialist? just seems weird asking a player to be part of our pre season, yet doesn't actually have a contract until the 1st Sept.

Deserves a new contract for what his loyalty and more importantly his performances in his time here but the wages and contract have to be right for Rangers.

Lets not forget that Alexander was our keeper in Florence, In the run in to the 2009 SPL title and for the CIS Cup Finals in 2010 and 2011. He's been a fantastic player for us (tu)

Deserves a new contract for what his loyalty and more importantly his performances in his time here but the wages and contract have to be right for Rangers.

Lets not forget that Alexander was our keeper in Florence, In the run in to the 2009 SPL title and for the CIS Cup Finals in 2010 and 2011. He's been a fantastic player for us (tu)

Spot on. So many go on about he was sat on the bench for "90%" of the time. When we needed him; he stepped up. When we needed him; he stayed. Now it appears we don't need him anymore...

Is it? Where have I been? I singled it out cos no-one in their right mind would terminate a legitimate contract that still had time on it, to one that halved their wages and start immediately.

I'll run my comments past you from now on to proof read them incase I single something out you dont like.

Are you steaming?!

Terminate a contract? No.

Sign a contract that supersedes the existing one.

Away with your pish.

Spot on. So many go on about he was sat on the bench for "90%" of the time. When we needed him; he stepped up. When we needed him; he stayed. Now it appears we don't need him anymore...

I don't see how it's a lack of loyalty on our part of the two parties can't agree an extension.

Are you steaming?!

Terminate a contract? No.

Sign a contract that supersedes the existing one.

Away with your pish.

27,000 posts of shite.

I dont drink. Plus Im an ex pro who has signed contracts you tit. Who is going to sign a contract which supercedes one on lesser terms, when the bigger one still has time to run

And Im talking pish? doh

27,000 posts of shite.

I dont drink. Plus Im an ex pro who has signed contracts you tit. Who is going to sign a contract which supercedes one on lesser terms, when the bigger one still has time to run

And Im talking pish? doh

No idea what your problem is mate, but get over it.

And the point in signing the contract would be that it is for a year, not a few months like his current one. It's worth more over the course of the deal, and would secure his playing career for another year.

Not that I'd know anything about that; eh, Mr. Beckham?

And the point in signing the contract would be that it is for a year, not a few months like his current one. It's worth more over the course of the deal. Not that I'd know anything about that. Eh, Mr. Beckham?

I've not got a problem but youve not got a clue.

It was you who jumped on my post about why I singled something out.

Oh, and Mr. Beckham........my sides are splitting.

And the point in signing the contract would be that it is for a year, not a few months like his current one. It's worth more over the course of the deal, and would secure his playing career for another year.

Not that I'd know anything about that; eh, Mr. Beckham?

Work this out.

£12,000 per wk for 6 months or £6000 per wk for a year. Not rocket science.......or maybe it is to you.

Work this out.

£12,000 per wk for 6 months or £6000 per wk for a year. Not rocket science.......or maybe it is to you.

His new contract wouldn't run out twelve months from now :lol:

Why would we sign him to a deal that expires in mid February? :lol:

His new deal will run for a year longer than the due expiration of this one.

Are you actively TRYING to make an arse of yourself, or is it just you being you? Did you quit pro football because you mis-understood your contract and stopped turning up?

alexander imo has earned the right to be on the same money as the likes of jig.also the two year contract he wants.he has stood by us when others ran he has very seldom put a foot wrong when playing is an excellent roll model to younger keepers/players at the club.so why is this even a conflict for the club ally should be in there telling the money men to get it sorted so that we can keep this man

His new contract wouldn't run out twelve months from now :lol:

Why would we sign him to a deal that expires in mid February? :lol:

His new deal will run for a year longer than the due expiration of this one.

Are you actively TRYING to make an arse of yourself, or is it just you being you? Did you quit pro football because you mis-understood your contract and stopped turning up?

Back to the original post you jumped on.

Rangers allegedly want his new terms to start immediately when he still has 6 months of his current deal to run.

As I said 27000 posts of shite.

Loyalty should have nothing to do with it, we're a football club, not a charity. It should come down to ability and value only, "Aye he's not good enough anymore but he was loyal so let's jsut throw £10k a week at him"

As it happens I think we should be keeping him but only because he's still one of the best keepers in the country.

Yeah, but the contract wouldn't be for precisely 12 months :lol:.

Jog on, clown.

You obviously have no idea how football contracts work.

Rangers cant change his current deal as its contractual and still has 6 months to run.

Why would he say "aye ok, halve ma wages for next 6 months and I'll pen a new deal for a year"?

Youre obviously one of the "fans" Albear was on about that doesnt know the meaning of loyalty.

Now piss off prick.

You obviously have no idea how football contracts work.

Rangers cant change his current deal as its contractual and still has 6 months to run.

Why would he say "aye ok, halve ma wages for next 6 months and I'll pen a new deal for a year"?

Youre obviously one of the "fans" Albear was on about that doesnt know the meaning of loyalty.

Now piss off prick.

They can very much agree to change it if Alexander agrees too :lol:.

I believe in loyalty, but I also believe in Rangers being the best team they can be.

Get over yourself, pal (tu).