When will you sit back and say "We've made it"?

Jonnyboyrfc

I was watching Charles Green's interview on RTV last night and there were various discussions about the future of our club.

But it got me thinking.. Obviously it's a long road to recovery, its a long journey, its a long process, whatever it has been described as.

When will you feel, as a fan, that this road, journey or process has ended and we are back to where we belong, the recovery is complete. A defining moment.

Opening day in the SPL?

The Champions League anthem being played at Ibrox?

Making £million signings again?

I'm not entirely sure myself but at what moment would you sit back, maybe even shed a wee tear and say, "It's over, we made it."?

EDIT: Maybe a wee reword of the initial post is in order. Some people are misinterpreting what I mean by "We've made it". How about if it were to be "We're back"

Probably feel the same as I did the first home game after Admin.

Proud as fuck to support this great club.

We have already made it in my mind, of course winning titles and competing in Europe will be great but watching a team of Rangers especially the young boys makes me so proud.

If I can watch guys like McKay, MacLeod and Aird be a part of an SPL (or whatever) & European side it will be a great feeling.

I know where you are coming from mate but i think 'sitting back and thinking we had made it' helped put us in the position we are in. We as fans and as a club should be on our toes forever to deal with anything that comes our way!

I know where you are coming from mate but i think 'sitting back and thinking we had made it' helped put us in the position we are in. We as fans and as a club should be on our toes forever to deal with anything that comes our way!

We should never look at it and say we've made it even if we won champions league. the club should always be looking to move forward in every way. i mean look at chelsea after they won cl.

I think you lads may have misinterpreted what I said

I didn't mean 'sit back' in the sense that the work is all done and it's time to take it easy.

I meant to literallty take a moment to come to the recognition that we are back where we belong.

I think we should always be looking to progress from where we are, beyond where we were before. In fact I hope we don't get back to the same situation and stop, new pastures and long term improvement are the key terms IMO.

That said, every step forward will be a joy and will feel more & more like we're getting 'there'.

Also, although I want us to look far beyond our recent place in the football world, I can't wait to thump all the SPL fuds again to remind them of their fucking place.

I think you lads may have misinterpreted what I said

I didn't mean 'sit back' in the sense that the work is all done and it's time to take it easy.

I meant to literallty take a moment to come to the recognition that we are back where we belong.

Probably 1st game back in the top flight or when we win a recognised trophy- whichever comes sooner!

For me, the first moment would come gaining our third and final promotion.

The second moment would come on the opening day of the SPL (or otherwise) season, unfurling the Div 1 (or otherwise) flag in front of 50,000 fans at Ibrox and beating one of the diddy clubs like DU by a couple of goals

Winning the Premier League title again for me. In my lifetime the Champions League has always been a bonus so to get back to where we were before I think that's when I'd believe we've returned to our rightful place and that is above Celtic.

Right this is a very good question .

I personally experienced this when Graham Souness came in, and changed the whole thing .

I had followed Rangers since I was 6 YO, and the very Day he came in I knew I wouldn't be able to get entry in too Ibrox because of it.

I was there through the JG Era when guys where booing Ally Mcoist, and calling him Sally in front of a Paltry 10,000 at Ibrox .Those where Tough Days for the Club too.

Then when the Revolution Came with David Holmes,and Souness it all changed for me .

I pitched up to Pay at the Gate as I had for all those Years, and suddenly I couldn't get in .It then became a different Game and crowds flocked in to Ibrox much to my Loss.

That was when I knew things had changed , so I suppose that will happen again to me, and only then will I know we are out of Hot Water as far as this Financial situation is concerned.

It will happens some Day and when we are back at the Top then those Fans who left will come back.

I think we will have several major successes before we get to reflect on our road back to the top and what it will mean to each of us. Due to the campaign against us from all angles this probably won't be until the club is cleared of all wrongdoing, others are punished, legal cases are won, apologies issued and titles reinstated. That glorious moment will be quickly followed by a renewed determination never to return to how I felt this time last year.