Murray to remain at Gers

KingKirk

MALCOLM MURRAY is to STAY as Rangers chairman after dramatic clear-the-air talks yesterday.

Murray had been asked to consider his position by fellow directors a week ago.

They wanted him to quit after a rift over his leadership.

But Murray will stay at Ibrox after senior figures held 48 hours of crisis talks this week.

The lifelong Gers fan assured the board of his wish to see the job through.

Now he will remain in the chair for the long-awaited publication of Rangers’ accounts — expected in a fortnight.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4807159/Murray-will-stay-at-Gers.html#ixzz2LaNO1IpC

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

MALCOLM MURRAY is to STAY as Rangers chairman after dramatic clear-the-air talks yesterday.

Murray had been asked to consider his position by fellow directors a week ago.

They wanted him to quit after a rift over his leadership.

But Murray will stay at Ibrox after senior figures held 48 hours of crisis talks this week.

The lifelong Gers fan assured the board of his wish to see the job through.

Now he will remain in the chair for the long-awaited publication of Rangers' accounts — expected in a fortnight.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co...l#ixzz2LaNO1IpC

Didn't somebody say it was nearly certain that Ian Hart was taking the job? Or was it just that he was being offered it?

To be fair to whoever said that, this is The Sun - the same paper that said we signed Cammy Bell a good couple of weeks ago

The vile bigott tabloids know that by making a big story out of this that it could affect shares and scare investors,thats the game the wee pricks are trying to play.The less the shyte media know about these things the better.

This is now the 4th version of this non "story". It's clear there is an issue with Murray and or between others but it seems to me the press have no solid facts and are just clutching at straws with speculation to keep it going....problem is people get all worked up by every headline and us adding to the innuendo and speculation is what they want!

this is just another reason not to buy these rags as its a non story so lets make it up atitude,reporting facts within a story is why you buy a paper to get this information.why spend your hard earned on theses papers,much more enjoyment buying a greggs sausage roll to be honest, oh and glad MM is still in a job,quite like him :pipe:

Didn't somebody say it was nearly certain that Ian Hart was taking the job? Or was it just that he was being offered it?

The latter. I don't know whether he is going to accept.

This latest news may well be the orderly change that is the right way to do business - MM waits until the accounts are published, he can claim to have seen the job through, markets not spooked.

Agreed. And because Green is media "savvy" it'll always be Murray who will lose out. Lets not forget that Green almost bankrupted the club again with the Templeton signing, Imran paid for much of that fee out of his own pocket, how much respect does he get on here? Or in general? Little. Play the media and the masses will just eat it up as if it were fact. Murray is an excellent chairman, one that has the best interests of the fans at heart.

Green is a major shareholder and murray is an employee ,so media savvy or not , Murray will always lose out .I don't know where you get the impression that he gets little respect on here .he has had and still gets the respect he deserves as the chairman of our club .and what is your source for green almost bankrupting us with the templeton deal ?

Agreed. And because Green is media "savvy" it'll always be Murray who will lose out. Lets not forget that Green almost bankrupted the club again with the Templeton signing, Imran paid for much of that fee out of his own pocket, how much respect does he get on here? Or in general? Little. Play the media and the masses will just eat it up as if it were fact. Murray is an excellent chairman, one that has the best interests of the fans at heart.

:shifty:

Well actually I haven't forgotten - I was totally unaware, and it seems I am not alone in such blissful ignorance.

But I look forward to you qualifying your allegation, and removing me from my state of ignorance.

almost bankrupt ? Who says so ??

Well actually I haven't forgotten - I was totally unaware, and it seems I am not alone in such blissful ignorance.

But I look forward to you qualifying your allegation, and removing me from my state of ignorance.

PS Sorry to be so suspicious, but because of the wonder and awe of our fabulous club, from time to time we get interlopers on here masquerading as Rangers supporters - perhaps a secret desire to be one of The People. They normally "out" themselves after a few posts or threads - frequently making false allegations or false stories designed to stir up unrest. Now I appreciate you only have 2 posts, but even for the dim-witted interlopers who do frequent this site - this would be a world record of "outing", and the poorest performance ever, by an interloper.