Jackets for goalposts.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone play seven and bye? Was similar to catchy, except the keeper got a point if tge ball went bye as well as catching it. Whoever gave the keeper his seventh point went in. Ciuld only score with vollys outsode the boxor headers iinside the box. Spent full summers playing it till 2am sometimes. Great days.

Much preferred 'Heidy-two-touch.'

Known as heedies and kicks in the drum :lol:

We had a good bit of grass outside my old house and we would use one tree as a post and a jumper or a traffic cone if we got lucky.

Anyone ever used to nock the cages from building sites? They made for the best goals ever

We had a good bit of grass outside my old house and we would use one tree as a post and a jumper or a traffic cone if we got lucky.

Anyone ever used to nock the cages from building sites? They made for the best goals ever

aye :lol: made a cracking smash when you volleyed a ball off the back of them. Were you allowed long shots to score?

we called it headers and volleys. 1 point for a volley and 2 for a header. as soon as the keeper caught it you where in nets. it was first to twelve. points, a save and a miss was worth two points to the keeper.

we called it headers and volleys. 1 point for a volley and 2 for a header. as soon as the keeper caught it you where in nets. it was first to twelve. points, a save and a miss was worth two points to the keeper.

Na mate that's "chippie" you were playing.

When you played in the street the cops would chase you, lost a few jumpers. The cops would take them back to the cop shop in Plantation St.

You had to claim them back, nobody ever did.

Maybe the cops got their whistles off the ragman when they swapped our gear.

Happy days.

Aye until ye hit the bar n the baw burst,

I had the most sought after goals in castlemilk, the sports centre threw out a broken set of 5 a side goals with the net n everything, we picked them up in one of the lads dads van and I fixed them with 4x4 and n nails, sorted,

What a summer of football that was,

had to chain the fuckers up at night they where getting hunted down by every scheme within radius,

Remember someone got a hold of a set of full size nets,well one to be precise;everybody wanted to shoot that way,but didnt last as an irate Stenhousemuir fc stalwart Jimmy Wier came round on his bike to take them off us,someone had nicked them from Ochilview. ..