Dunfermline Potential Administration Thread

oh well its a hard road ahead for them with the sfa and spl hell bent on destroying teams who go into administration, or is that just for us?

Hope Mr Leishmen isnt expecting any help from anybody, what goes for one team should go for all.

to be fair wont be that bad for them since half the spl sides will join them in div3!!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're operating on a "cash in, cash out" basis.

It could be liquidation for them.

They also have about £6m debt which they have massaged off the club books into a separate company.

With Hearts, Killie and Aberdeen suffering, and many others not far off, it's really looking like their payback is arriving.

How many times have we heard that about other Scottish teams? The Pars will be fine just as everyone else will be, Hearts included. They will all have to cut their cloth accordingly and will do just that. Rangers was the scalp the authorities wanted and got.

There was a thread about dunfermlines own fans doing an investigation into mastertons dodgy dealings recently.

No real coincidence that he is standing down from the board....... after they complete a share issue.

As said before me It will be interesting to see how the sfa deal with any situation that arises at any other club in Scotland.

You never like to see anyone lose their job but Yorkston was one of the chairmen that couldn't wait to get a microphone in his face last summer, in fact he's always been like that! I can't wait for the house of cards to come falling down on Scottish football, if it's Dunfermline, Hearts, whoever, I couldn't really give a fuck. My club is all I care about.

Its was reported in the press the other day that the SPL had advanced the second installment of their parachute payment which was not due until later in the year. Contrast that with when Duff and Phelps asked for an advance on prize money last year which was refused.

You never like to see anyone lose their job but Yorkston was one of the chairmen that couldn't wait to get a microphone in his face last summer, in fact he's always been like that! I can't wait for the house of cards to come falling down on Scottish football, if it's Dunfermline, Hearts, whoever, I couldn't really give a fuck. My club is all I care about.

Well said mate

I get no satisfaction from Dunfermline going burst. I've never had a bad word from any Pars fans I've met over the years and always enjoyed going to East End Park. I know that their (now former) chairman last year was not too helpful but I think the reason was most probably financial desperation on their part.

Published on Sunday 6 May 2012 00:00

JOHN Yorkston, the Dunfermline Athletic chairman, will urge his Scottish Premier League counterparts to stand by the principles of sporting integrity when they are asked to decide on the future of Rangers this week.

At Hampden tomorrow, a general meeting of the SPL will reconvene to consider a series of financial fair play proposals, including sanctions for liquidated member clubs that reform as a new company.

Under the proposals, clubs such as Rangers, who will become a newco as part of the takeover planned by Bill Miller, will be deducted ten points for two consecutive seasons, and have their SPL payments reduced by 75 per cent for three successive campaigns.

Yorkston does not believe that an SPL share should be transferred to a newco in the first place. He insists that, despite the economic consequences for the game in this country, Rangers should be relegated to the Scottish Football League.

“That’s what I will be arguing for, but I do understand that others will look at the financial side, and that will have more sway than sporting integrity,” he said. “I would guess I’ll be almost a lone voice, but it doesn’t stop me from having my say.

“Everyone agrees that there should be severe punishment, but there are a number of chairmen who will look at the financial thing and say, ‘do we want an SPL without Rangers?’ It will be a question of sporting integrity against financial necessity. That is the choice facing chairmen.”

wrong choice mate...

I feel no sympathy to the fans, and those in charge of these clubs.

But I really worry about the state of Scottish football, its all very well saying “We’ll be fine”, “We’re run properly now!”, but its going to be very difficult to entice players and investment to the club playing in a league that’s falling apart round about us.

Maybe their pals the keech o'brien eleven will bale them out after all they helped them in their ill fated attempt to try and kill The Mighty Rangers, they're good at charitable work are the bheggars, they run on a basis that charity begins at home, so fuck them all, they will all suffer ! :sherlock:

Scottish Football is already dead, what we are seeing is the last twitches of the nervous system. Remember these quisling SPL chairmen collaborated with there fans and with Liewell in voting us out of the SPL - but thought they were sending us down for a year to teach us a lesson - they didn't reckon on the SFL clubs voting us into Div 3.

For them this entire debacle has been one mistake after another.

Published on Sunday 6 May 2012 00:00

JOHN Yorkston, the Dunfermline Athletic chairman, will urge his Scottish Premier League counterparts to stand by the principles of sporting integrity when they are asked to decide on the future of Rangers this week.

At Hampden tomorrow, a general meeting of the SPL will reconvene to consider a series of financial fair play proposals, including sanctions for liquidated member clubs that reform as a new company.

Under the proposals, clubs such as Rangers, who will become a newco as part of the takeover planned by Bill Miller, will be deducted ten points for two consecutive seasons, and have their SPL payments reduced by 75 per cent for three successive campaigns.

Yorkston does not believe that an SPL share should be transferred to a newco in the first place. He insists that, despite the economic consequences for the game in this country, Rangers should be relegated to the Scottish Football League.

“That’s what I will be arguing for, but I do understand that others will look at the financial side, and that will have more sway than sporting integrity,” he said. “I would guess I’ll be almost a lone voice, but it doesn’t stop me from having my say.

“Everyone agrees that there should be severe punishment, but there are a number of chairmen who will look at the financial thing and say, ‘do we want an SPL without Rangers?’ It will be a question of sporting integrity against financial necessity. That is the choice facing chairmen.”

wrong choice mate...

This.

Remember the venom that was sent our way. Return to sender, ten fold.

It will be a sad day for football once again when a club finds itself faced with going out of business. the surprising aspect if that is the fate facing Dunfermline was the fact that their chairman was so outspoken against us when we were fighting to save our club,in the full knowledge that Armageddon was round the corner for his club. Yorkstone sounds like another crook just like the one we had.

I feel sympathy for the descent fans of Dunfermline but as the precedent is now set that all other clubs sit back & do nothing to help stricken clubs so be it

Last summer they get into bed with the devil now there paying the price

They all set a precedent last year so let's see what pans out, as far as I am concerned, what goes around, comes around and I really hope it comes around big time for all of those who deserve.