Is support for the manager to some extent age dependant?

Is support for the manager age dependant?   

212 members have voted

1. 1. Choose 1 of the 4

• I am under 30yo and support the manager
    • I am under 30yo and think we need a change
    • I am over 30yo and support the manager
    • I am over 30yo and think we need a change

Didn't we expect attendances to fall anyway? They've held up good so far in comparison to the expectations at the beginning of the season. It's just an opinion, but I don't really care how we get to the top, so long as we get there.

If I could will anyone to succeed, it would be Ally. Any other manager in the world will take us back to the top too. Don't see the point in changing, if the outcome will be the same.

So your willing to watch this dross for another few year,some of us can remember the Greig years and the shite crowds that resulted from it and that is going to happen again if Ally isn't replaced , the crowds are already dropping , winning a league against plumbers and joiners is not enough we have to make progress or risk being in the shadows for years

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember watching Ally score a hat-trick against Zurich at Ibrox. I was at that game in Govan Front. I'm only 31 so I'm caught kinda in the middle of this poll. I can appreciate that he was a good player but he's not doing it for me as a manager. Replace him (tu)

Perhaps it wasn't best to have a poll straight after that result.

In the official RM poll, http://forum.rangers...ic=248690&st=40 , 62% are happy with Ally as manager. Yet, here that number is only 37%.

I'm under 30 and I support our manager. I only want the best for Rangers and I still firmly believe changing the management and backroom staff will only make things harder for us right now.

What really concerns me is the number of people who are putting Ally before Rangers.

It hasn't worked out for Ally as manager which is something we all need to realise and accept.

Rangers Football Club takes precedence over Ally McCoist.

Yes, we are Rangers supporters not Ally McCoist supporters ... if he stays in the job and wastes the little money that we have it will put the recovery back years

Judging by the rate folk left the game today maybe so.

Not seen that at Ibrox in a while.

Really? Everytime I've been up this season I've been staggered at the amount of subway loyal that have left upto 15 minutes before fulltime. That's when we were winning aswell.

Really? Everytime I've been up this season I've been staggered at the amount of subway loyal that have left upto 15 minutes before fulltime. That's when we were winning aswell.

I think that's different mate...when a game is won and is petering out its fair enough for people to leave a bit early and get away before the rush but today it really was liking people giving up...they could see it wasn't happening and it really was like the final straw for some in terms of how we are playing! I left on 88 just after we gave away possession (again) and they had a shot just wide! I had made it up to the garage at PRW and could hear the boos so loudly from there!

You tend to know the subway loyal when at the games, I'm talkign about most of the stadium mate.

People were flooding out from all over, it's not the usual that I see every other week.

Love Ally, but he appears to me to be copying Walter's tactics and schemes. We won quite a bit under Walter but some of the football was dreadful to watch.

Ally's was way out in front in the SPL and although we lost some good players we ended up giving away far too many matches and the league. His performances in European cup ties were just awful and not great in domestic cup ties either.

A great Ranger like J Greig but they probably both are rather poor as managers of Rangers.

Hate to say it but at some point before we get back to the SPL Ally is a goner imo.

give him another year with a pre season every signing was rushed just to get a squad of players then had to cope with other players

leaving god only knows what presure he was under at that time how many people can make good judgements when under so much

pressure before cg stepped in everything that was happening at the club was on his shoulders he carried us through the worst time

in our history he was the man with the strenth to keep going no matter what came his way so we as supporters should be there to back

him he has been fighting for us all along let us watch his back and not stabb him in the back to soon no surrender

I'm 32, don't remember the Greig era, but don't think there's any benefit in changing the manager. By all means, let's consider it when we're in the SPL, but we're doing OK with the current set up.

I know we played crap today, and I've seen us play crap a lot this season, but it just doesn't matter. What matters is winning the league, and getting back to where we belong. Ally can have a few years as manager, maybe he might learn something, and become our greatest manager ever; and maybe he won't. I for one would love possibly the greatest ever Ranger, to become our best ever manager, if not he'll be replaced when we get to the top and we'll never forget his contribution.

This is the best possible training he can get; virtually no pressure and he can get to learn as he goes along. Win every game, we should at this level, but it's the big picture that's important.

If there was even a glimpse that he has learned anything it would not be so bad,if there was even a slim semblance that he actually watches our players and has the balls or know how to change how we play it would be more willing to say that getting promotion would be what matters but it is not.We do have to look at the big picture; we have to develop a style of play that will take us forward and this is so obviously not happening; players are going backwards,skill level is deteriorating,fitness looks low,fight or motivation seems to have disappeared.

I have supported during the long barren years of the late sixties and early seventies,the very low points of the early to mid eighties but the teams in that first spell were good but just against an exceptional Celtic team.The second spell had poor players but they had heart and were prepared to work but lack of consistent quality saw us slip back, I see little desire or willingness to really work in this squad and I am afraid that reflects on our manager.

Have not voted in the poll. Can not make my mind up. I admit at 34 I loved him as a player and am more sad than anything when it has not worked but am sensible enough to realise that results are what matter not just that I love the guy. He will get the season at least-he will take us up, I don't think any of us are in doubt about that. However it has not been the rip roaring manner in which many of us, myself included, thought we would show the divide in the teams we are against. I understand that for the division 3 teams each time they play us the players of those sides would naturally up the game but even taking that in to account we should not be 2 goals down at home and looking so lacklustre.

I am torn..

Whatever happens he will be revered as a player and as the steadying hand on the tiller during the many dark days of last year but we need the right man to take us forward on the pitch. The truth is we should be lording it over teams like Annan (especially at Ibrox) and unfortunately I just don't see it

Ally's a fan. He's said that many times but we all knew it anyway. He's one of us. And that makes all the more difficult to say this.

Maybe it's time he put on his fan's hat and considered how he'd feel watching the utter shite that's been regularly dished up this season. The display against Annan was only the latest in a series of horrific performances against part time THIRD DIVISION opposition. We can't afford to wait until we're back in the SPL before taking it all seriously. We NEED to be planning a whole new regime of professionalism, organisation, healthy living and fitness levels right now yet half the time we look less fit and organised than our part time opposition.

I fear that the longer he's in post the bigger the risk to our long term recovery.

Sorry Ally but it's time you considered what's best for Rangers and I can't tell you how painful for me to say that.