Rangers are in a period of transition.

rfcfraserrfc

The problem we have is say that we did go almost entirely with youth and a new possession style and those kids failed a promotion one year. Do you honestly think most Rangers supporters would accept that? I would and have been saying we should have gone down this road for years, indeed it's partly what Le Guen was trying to implement and look how that turned out.

Of course unlike Dortmund our nearest rivals didn't sling us tens of millions to keep us in the top flight, for some reason.... :dry:

How long was he here for? This WILL take a few years to get going and NOW is the time to do it as there is limited competition! I would rather win 3/5 games (at present (Would more than likely get us promoted)) trying to implement a new philosophy than win 9/10 playing the same old shite. The former would eventually get us to the top where as the latter would only leave us trailing..

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if we are to even think of replicating the forward thinking vision of dortmund and feynoord then one thing will have to change and that is the management team

nevermind coaching, nevermind our youth academy etc, we could produce the next worlds 11 best players, but if we do not have the management team to nurture them and use them properly in the first team then what is the point

Yes but it sounds like this is a manager-independent issue. A seperate youth management team needs to be put in place independent of whoever is in charge of the first team.

Even with youth players, and some of the players we have now we'd waltz it back to the SPL. Signing Dalys though is just not the way to go.

Exactly! The teams in our league, and the next 2, are so inconsistent, that winning 3/5 games would easily get us promoted. This could be done with a new philosophy in place..

Even with youth players, and some of the players we have now we'd waltz it back to the SPL. Signing Dalys though is just not the way to go.

Every team needs a couple of seasoned pro's in it mate. Signing a team full of Dalys is not the way to go, but signing one or two older experienced people to help the younger guys on the park will certainly help.

Not saying Daly is the answer, BUT he scores goals for Utd. and they are generally not a lump it long type of team.

Yes but it sounds like this is a manager-independent issue. A seperate youth management team needs to be put in place independent of whoever is in charge of the first team.

yes but its when the youth players are too old for the youth team, we need a real good tactical and football styled manager

Imagine we had the next iniesta and xavi in our youth ranks, they'd end up with vertigo looking up at the high balls being launched over their heads all the bloody game

Every team needs a couple of seasoned pro's in it mate. Signing a team full of Dalys is not the way to go, but signing one or two older experienced people to help the younger guys on the park will certainly help.

Not saying Daly is the answer, BUT he scores goals for Utd. and they are generally not a lump it long type of team.

We already have them though. There's no more need for these types. What we need now is young talent. I tell you what I'd love to get 10 minutes with Charles Green. i've just go so much to say on the issue. Apparently Sevilla have over 700 scouts in their network, not all full time obviously or even fully employed by the club. How many do we have? I mean how many supportets do we have living abroad, down south or even fans that like to watch any football, that maybe spot a decent player but there's no option to tell the club?

It's not hard to get some good scouts on the payroll and build from there. Even have ex foreign players to have a look out for you and tell us about emerging young talent in the leagues abroad. Brian Laudrup must see some Danish games, he must talk to his brother about what Swansea are looking at. Mikhailichenko must watch Ukranian games, ask him for information on young players etc. it honestly isn't rocket science. Honestly, give me 10 minutes with Green and i wont even give him a chance to get a word in, I'll talk that much.

IMO, Rangers should never sign a player over the age of 25 again for sell on purposes, unless it's just an exceptional talent we can't turn down.

who do we have goat.

Jig might not manage another full season

Alexander might leave if we sign Cammy bell

Shiels probably isn't gonna cut it so his age and experience will be gone.

KK, just no

If those 4 players leave then we are seriously short of seasoned players that can lead these youngsters that everyone wants signed.

who do we have goat.

KK, just no

If those 4 players leave then we are seriously short of seasoned players that can lead these youngsters that everyone wants signed.

Wallace has CL/Europa, International and SPL expierence too remember mate.

Templeton is not a youngster anymore and has plenty of SPL expierence and has played in Europe for Hearts.

Little has played in the SPL and also for NI.

They are hardly rookies and should now be at the stage they can pass on some things to the 16/17 year olds coming through.

who do we have goat.

KK, just no

McCulloch will probably be here till we get back to the top flight if you ask me and the club/Ally want to keep Alexander so putting these down is a tad premature (tu)

who do we have goat.

KK, just no

Ian Black is a Scottish cup winner, Jig's here for a while yet, Shiels is a league cup winner, Cribari has played in Europe and one of the top leagues on the world, templeton a Scottish cup winner, Lee Wallace, internationalist, Little internationalist. They all have experience.

who do we have goat.

KK, just no

Perry has SPL experience

Sandaza as well (shudders)

Bell if replaces alexander again has SPL experience

Black

Templeton

Wallace

Little

there's 7 players that know what it takes in the SPL, even dropping black gives you 6, even if 3 of them dont start as we go for the younger guys, thats still 4 in your starting 11 that know the top level game in scotland

Great article covers everything we should be emmulating.

We should not be buying anymore players from the SPL because we arent getting value, and by tje time we get back there they will be finnished.

We have to go the Youth route and I beliwve tje young guys we have have been a sucess because they know what it takes to play for a club like Rangers.

If we do buy players from the spl they, should be under 25 yo with some sell on value .

Ian Black is a Scottish cup winner, Jig's here for a while yet, Shiels is a league cup winner, Cribari has played in Europe and one of the top leagues on the world, templeton a Scottish cup winner, Lee Wallace, internationalist, Little internationalist. They all have experience.

Spot on Goat we have enough experience in the Team to lead young guys.

No more older players required at Ibrox.

Bring in the youth .

Perry has SPL experience

Sandaza as well (shudders)

Bell if replaces alexander again has SPL experience

Black

Templeton

Wallace

Little

there's 7 players that know what it takes in the SPL, even dropping black gives you 6, even if 3 of them dont start as we go for the younger guys, thats still 4 in your starting 11 that know the top level game in scotland

i am not talking about just experience of playing mate. I mean leadership and mentoring experience. None of those guys except jig has that. And he isnt getting any younger.

Exactly right, Rangers does need the support of the fans in order to be returned to where we should be - right at the top.

What are the brainless amoungst us doing? Blame the manager - the scapegoat.

Dispicable doing that to someone who's done so much for us.

Brainless? What for spotting our managers poor tactical knowledge, poor deciisions, poor signings, poor philosophy, poor set pieces, poor, poor, poor...see where I'm going here. If we're brainless, what does that make the people who back him and want to give him money to get a team of John Daly's?

Sadly with Ally looking to sign players like Daly and already signed big Kevin Kyle the chances of us ever having a club similar ran to Dortmund are a million miles away.

That's why from next season onwards it needs sorted.

There are cheap talented managers out there, young managers that are starting in the game. We can get them. Look at the Sociedad manager, he took a lower league French side back in to the top division. Now he's on the verge of leading Sociedad into the CL when they just survived relegation the year before he took over. There are more managers like that, yet we're going to be stuck with McCoist. Just turn this entire club upside down and get it sorted now.

We've never had a better chance.

The article is excellent. It demonstrates what can be done.

Charles Green has done an excellent job in getting the commercial side back on track. Quite amazing what he has achieved in a really short time.

In a way I guess that success on the commercial side is beginning to create a rod for Ally McCoist's back, because on the pitch we at times appear to be going backwards.

This has been a hell of a week. First Charles Green is heard to refer to our current squad as the worst squad ever. Then we lose to Annan at home. Please note I am a big supporter of CG and I sincerely believe he was in his own inimitable fashion trying to support Ally McCoist, however his remark didn't really hit the mark, and I feel added to a general sense of despair reference the lack of progress on the football Pitch. But despite all we are still leading division 3.

The footballing side has not had it easy. Our Manager is learning the ropes in what must be the biggest baptism of fire ever. In Ian Durrant we have another respected ex player but relatively inexperienced coach. My fear is he has been recruited because he is mate of Ally's rather than a tried and tested journeyman number 2.

I would be much more comfortable with our footballing strategy if I could see a clear Youth Development strategy in place. But then I must remember I am a fan. I do not see the work that is being put in behind the scenes. I must be patient, give the guys a fair chance and not let my fears and possibly unfair predujices lead me into bringing negativity into the situation when this is a time for positive support. It is hard, and sometimes I fail.

Common Rangers... We will be back where we belong... I bloody hope with Ally still at the helm... A lot of progress is being made.... but by God a sign on progress on the Football Pitch would be heaven sent right now.

TBO I am quite depressed about the whole footballing side of things at the moment, it just all looks directionless. Aye the finances seem to be sorted which is obviously great, but nobody pays to watch a balance sheet unless you are an accountant. The football is shite.

This whole "footballing journey" from div 3 is purgatory - I mean, I have seen posts where people say "aye but you'll look back on these as great years saying I was there". - Well, I dont think that will be the case as there is fuck all glorious about being bumped to Div 3 and playing utter shite.

Its all completely fucked. The SPL will be a shadow of itself when we get back (if thats where we end up), the product on show will be worse and their fans by some strange logic will blame us for it all - even though they voted us out the SPL. The English leagues will continue to try and take all our best talent for fuck all and their teams will get stronger as ours get weaker and we watch on from the sidelines wondering where it all went wrong. Its just all depressing as fuck. Depressing, depressing, depressing.

There are cheap talented managers out there, young managers that are starting in the game. We can get them. Look at the Sociedad manager, he took a lower league French side back in to the top division. Now he's on the verge of leading Sociedad into the CL when they just survived relegation the year before he took over. There are more managers like that, yet we're going to be stuck with McCoist. Just turn this entire club upside down and get it sorted now.

We've never had a better chance.

The football Socieded are playing right now is an absolute joy to watch!