Rangers Chat Live Phone In

Dunny_01

Maybe a wee thing for you to talk about and discuss.

For years I had the belief that the youth academy at the club has been terrible, but when I actually went and looked through the numbers we are actually punching well above our weight.

Got an email reply from the CIES who are statisticians who do lots of number crunching for uefa. They do a graph/map of how many players each country produced through its clubs youth systems who go onto play in the top divisions in Europe outwith thwir own country.

Scotland did okay for its size with 19 last year. Wasn't till I looked at the players names did it dawn on me the majority were all from us. This was just Scottish players.

So sent a wee email off not really expecting a reply asking them if they could tell me how many players had came through our youth academy who were playing top team football.

The criteria is they must have trained with us for a min of 3 years between the age of 15 to 21. They must be signed on professional contracts ,have played at least once, and the team must play in one of the top division leagues in Europe. Note this does not include the championship in England and doesn't include players still at club.

I was amazed to get an email back two days later saying they had done the numbers and were surprised to find that last year as of 31st of October we had 13 players who had came through our youth systems playing in the top leagues in Europe. Considering the amount we spend on our youth facilities that's quite an impressive number. For comparison the whole of Scotland only produced 19 players last season all in who met the criteria.

As said keep in mind doesn't include all the players in the championship like the £11m McCormick.

Just thought maybe one of you would like to take it further and get more in depth numbers with transfer totals etc. Would make for a positive story and maybe change a few perceptions.

For years I had the belief that the youth academy at the club has been terrible, but when I actually went and looked through the numbers we are actually punching well above our weight.

Got an email reply from the CIES who are statisticians who do lots of number crunching for uefa. They do a graph/map of how many players each country produced through its clubs youth systems who go onto play in the top divisions in Europe outwith thwir own country.

Scotland did okay for its size with 19 last year. Wasn't till I looked at the players names did it dawn on me the majority were all from us. This was just Scottish players.

So sent a wee email off not really expecting a reply asking them if they could tell me how many players had came through our youth academy who were playing top team football.

The criteria is they must have trained with us for a min of 3 years between the age of 15 to 21. They must be signed on professional contracts ,have played at least once, and the team must play in one of the top division leagues in Europe. Note this does not include the championship in England and doesn't include players still at club.

I was amazed to get an email back two days later saying they had done the numbers and were surprised to find that last year as of 31st of October we had 13 players who had came through our youth systems playing in the top leagues in Europe. Considering the amount we spend on our youth facilities that's quite an impressive number. For comparison the whole of Scotland only produced 19 players last season all in who met the criteria.

As said keep in mind doesn't include all the players in the championship like the £11m McCormick.

Just thought maybe one of you would like to take it further and get more in depth numbers with transfer totals etc. Would make for a positive story and maybe change a few perceptions.

definitely cut and paste this into its own thread - then phone up the show. (tu)

Ideas For A Official 'Orange' Fans Shirt

As listeners are aware John626 and myself, have been contacting the club for months in regards to an official orange fans Shirt. John626 has received an email from Liz Miller of the clubs designs department, saying that she needs designs from the fans, with a view to the shirts being sold in the Mega store. So if you want to have an official orange fans shirt post your designs below A.S.A.P and i'll link the thread to Rangerschat. http://www.rangersch...ge-Fans-Top.htm

Ideas For A Official 'Orange' Fans Shirt

As listeners are aware John626 and myself, have been contacting the club for months in regards to an official orange fans Shirt. John626 has received an email from Liz Miller of the clubs designs department, saying that she needs designs from the fans, with a view to the shirts being sold in the Mega store. So if you want to have an official orange fans shirt post your designs below A.S.A.P and i'll link the thread to Rangerschat. http://www.rangersch...ge-Fans-Top.htm

SH make a thread for this on it's own.

At a time when the board should be working overtime to get long term investment into the club the idea of an orange jersey should have no place on the club agenda sheet. Basically it would be catering to the lowest common denominator within or support, leave the posturing to the east end of Glasgow, Rangers as a club doesn't need it.

At a time when the board should be working overtime to get long term investment into the club the idea of an orange jersey should have no place on the club agenda sheet. Basically it would be catering to the lowest common denominator within or support, leave the posturing o the east end of Glasgow, Rangers as a club doesn't need it.

Your entitled to your opinion but the idea is for an official orange 'fans shirt' with the number 12 that was dedicated to us upon it. Here's one of the designs that have been entered

09572d8cb18357f1df7cfcc06609d710.jpg

At a time when the board should be working overtime to get long term investment into the club the idea of an orange jersey should have no place on the club agenda sheet. Basically it would be catering to the lowest common denominator within or support, leave the posturing to the east end of Glasgow, Rangers as a club doesn't need it.

Step down off your high horse

:anguish: if making an orange strip will bring in some much needed cash then I am all for it.

And your lowest common denominator comment is uncalled for

Gogzy - "And your lowest common denominator comment is uncalled for"

The people who are pushing for an orange top are doing so with a specific agenda and if they are honest it has he haw to do with football. If we are going to have a tribute shirt it should be blue.

There is no agenda. The aim is for a fans shirt with our no 12 on it, that is 100% produced by the club