Nicky Clark - Queen of the South

IMO this is the type of player we should be going going for to get us through the leagues rather than the likes of Jon daly .

Scored a bunch of goals in the 2nd division and contract up in the summer.

I'm not saying he is better than daly but he would be good enough to play a part in getting us through the 2nd and maybe 1st division and would probably cost us a tenth of the wage we are likely to offer daly if that

I'm sure there are others in the 1st and 2nd division who's contract will be up in the summer that we should be looking at . They will be cheap and won't just be here for a payday like black Sandaza etc

I just think there is no need to be spending 5, 6, and 7grand a week on players in these leagues

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't say i've seen the guy play but i agree that we should be looking to the divisions for prospects as we move forward.

Think a lot of the "sign SPL standard" is to justify the season ticket costs as much as it is to build a team to compete in cups, but thats not to say we might unearth a few players who are up to standard.

Right ok, he has the ability to score goals in the 3rd division and the 2nd division.

Does he have the ability to do it playing for Rangers?

exactly

Shiels, Black & Sandaza were stand outs for their SPL clubs a far higher level than the 2nd or 3rd division yet they can't do shit for us. People need to get it into their heads most of these players play the game of their lives against us they aren't like that every week.

IMO this is the type of player we should be going going for to get us through the leagues rather than the likes of Jon daly .

Scored a bunch of goals in the 2nd division and contract up in the summer.

I'm not saying he is better than daly but he would be good enough to play a part in getting us through the 2nd and maybe 1st division and would probably cost us a tenth of the wage we are likely to offer daly if that

I'm sure there are others in the 1st and 2nd division who's contract will be up in the summer that we should be looking at . They will be cheap and won't just be here for a payday like black Sandaza etc

I just think there is no need to be spending 5, 6, and 7grand a week on players in these leagues

Sandaza's black??

Right ok, he has the ability to score goals in the 3rd division and the 2nd division.

Does he have the ability to do it playing for Rangers?

If you don't take the risk then you never know.

Low risk with potential for high rewards is better than higher risk for high reward IMO.

If you don't take the risk then you never know.

Low risk with potential for high rewards is better than higher risk for high reward IMO.

Exactly.

We are paying a fortune on wages taking risks when guys like this will be on buttons and if they don't work out it wont be as big an issue.

No idea who he is but SFL players who can improve and become Rangers players are well worth looking out for, wages would be no issue for them and they may actualy try in games rather than go through the motions. There must be one or two around who we could rely on for the future, most of our spl players would rather not be in SFL3 which is understandable but they also seem to be marking time and not putting in the effort which is not.

We should also be considering some English Players who are solid .

I recommend this Guy seen him a Couple of times and he is a strong solid Defender ,a good RB which we need.Contract coming to an end soon.

Played for Dunfermline for a Couple of Seasons .

I like him.

Calum Woods

Personal information

Full name

Calum Jack Woods[1]

Date of birth

5 February 1987 (age 26)

Place of birth

Liverpool, England

Height

5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)

Playing position

Left/Right back

Club information

Current club

Huddersfield Town

Number

Youth career

1997–2006

Liverpool

Senior career*

Years

Team

Apps†

(Gls)†

2006–2011

Dunfermline Athletic

(10)

2011–

Huddersfield Town

(0)

* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16 March 2013.

UPDATED 08:08 19th July 2012

Born in Liverpool, Calum was on the books of hometown Club Liverpool as a youngster from the age of ten, before being released in 2006 after failing to secure a professional deal.

Woods headed north following his release along with former Liverpool player Robbie Foy. After a successful trial period Woods signed for Scottish outfit Dunfermline Athletic and made 13 appearances in his first season with the Club.

In 2008, Manager Jim McIntyre confirmed that the right-back had signed a two year contract extension with the Club. He then went on to score the first of his 13 goals for the Dunfermline in November 2008 when he scored the opener against Airdrie United.

We should also be considering some English Players who are solid .

I recommend this Guy seen him a Couple of times and he is a strong solid Defender ,a good RB which we need.Contract coming to an end soon.

Played for Dunfermline for a Couple of Seasons .

I like him.

Calum Woods

Personal information

Full name

Calum Jack Woods[1]

Date of birth

5 February 1987 (age 26)

Place of birth

Liverpool, England

Height

5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)

Playing position

Left/Right back

Club information

Current club

Huddersfield Town

Number

Youth career

1997–2006

Liverpool

Senior career*

Years

Team

Apps†

(Gls)†

2006–2011

Dunfermline Athletic

(10)

2011–

Huddersfield Town

(0)

* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16 March 2013.

UPDATED 08:08 19th July 2012

Born in Liverpool, Calum was on the books of hometown Club Liverpool as a youngster from the age of ten, before being released in 2006 after failing to secure a professional deal.

Woods headed north following his release along with former Liverpool player Robbie Foy. After a successful trial period Woods signed for Scottish outfit Dunfermline Athletic and made 13 appearances in his first season with the Club.

In 2008, Manager Jim McIntyre confirmed that the right-back had signed a two year contract extension with the Club. He then went on to score the first of his 13 goals for the Dunfermline in November 2008 when he scored the opener against Airdrie United.

You want to take over from Neil Murray?