Based on our recent form, would you take Boyd and Miller back?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i may have cheered when Miller scored but he will always be a jump the dyke and sorry but fook having him back a 3rd time i would rather we found a young goal scoring machine from the 3rd div and test him in 2nd for fraction of price. Boyd would if played score for fun but for what price when we could get 3 strikers for his pay and maybe get a wee star, who knows.

Fook it lets get Nacho back he'd do it for peanuts.

Short term planning though! Alot of money for very little return...is that the route you want to see us go down? surey it would be better to use this opportunity to start planning long term?

just thinking it would help us out till our illegal transfer ban is up.

just thinking it would help us out till our illegal transfer ban is up.

I don't doubt they would improve our team in the short term but if we are working to a wage bill (33%) of turnover they would both have to accept a big reduction in wages or we would end up overpaying 30 year olds again with no sell on fee....their are lots of players available on frees this summer that I know of in the uk (two lads at port vale are very pacy, tranmere cf, Oldham target man etc all young) so I am sure there are many more worldwide who would improve our team but also prove to be value in terms if progression and sell on value....

If none of this had happened , I would have had them back anyway , both would do a job at any level in this country. As things stand I feel kris Boyd deserves a chance to get back into best striker in Scotland form ,

I don't doubt they would improve our team in the short term but if we are working to a wage bill (33%) of turnover they would both have to accept a big reduction in wages or we would end up overpaying 30 year olds again with no sell on fee....their are lots of players available on frees this summer that I know of in the uk (two lads at port vale are very pacy, tranmere cf, Oldham target man etc all young) so I am sure there are many more worldwide who would improve our team but also prove to be value in terms if progression and sell on value....

i dont know much outwith epl and scottish football but i know boyd and miller have been here and did it before so i would rather have them than daly mcfadden etc but if we pulled something out the hat like the port vale boy or that and it worked id be more than happy.

Neither of them would be any use with the team playing the way it is at present. Both of them, who I rate by the way, would not get any service at all.

We could have Messi up front just now and he wouldn't score because we wouldn't be able to get the ball to him often enough in dangerous positions.

Miller, probably not. He is gonna be 36 and I don't think he will be the same player.

Boyd, yes with conditions. 1) he would have to prove his fitness at his current club, 2) he would have to be on a wage suitable to our finances, no way i'd break the bank for him, and 3)He would have to start scoring regularly in the remaining games of the season.

Always been a fan of Boyd and I never wanted him to leave in the first place BUT he has been gone a while, and has not really impressed at any other club, which is why those 3 conditions would have to be met.

Miller, probably not. He is gonna be 36 and I don't think he will be the same player.

Boyd, yes with conditions. 1) he would have to prove his fitness at his current club, 2) he would have to be on a wage suitable to our finances, no way i'd break the bank for him, and 3)He would have to start scoring regularly in the remaining games of the season.

Always been a fan of Boyd and I never wanted him to leave in the first place BUT he has been gone a while, and has not really impressed at any other club, which is why those 3 conditions would have to be met.

Up until recently I would have said "no way" to the idea of bringing in the likes of Thomson, Miller or Boyd; but having seen how much our current experienced players struggle and the amount of pressure that has put on the young players, I have come to the conclusion that it has to happen. Get 3 or 4 guys who know the club and who Ally knows can hack playing for the club, create a backbone from that for 2 years and build a squad of young players around that.

These young lads are never going to develop and learn in the current squad with players they should be able to look to hiding for large chunks of matches.

Up until recently I would have said "no way" to the idea of bringing in the likes of Thomson, Miller or Boyd; but having seen how much our current experienced players struggle and the amount of pressure that has put on the young players, I have come to the conclusion that it has to happen. Get 3 or 4 guys who know the club and who Ally knows can hack playing for the club, create a backbone from that for 2 years and build a squad of young players around that.

These young lads are never going to develop and learn in the current squad with players they should be able to look to hiding for large chunks of matches.

(tu)

Not miller though mate, too much money for too little gametime IMO. He is not fit enough to last the season i dont think.

boyd on those conditions.

Thomson, is he can stay fit at Killie, and then sign a "pay if fit" type contract. I would have back, he would possibly put some much needed spark in the middle. The spark that the SPl signings this year have failed to produce. Lewis MacLeod IMO has been streets ahead of Black,Hutton,McKay and Shiels this season.

All of these are secondary to a solid CB or 2. This is the main priority IMO.

(tu)

Not miller though mate, too much money for too little gametime IMO. He is not fit enough to last the season i dont think.

boyd on those conditions.

Thomson, is he can stay fit at Killie, and then sign a "pay if fit" type contract. I would have back, he would possibly put some much needed spark in the middle. The spark that the SPl signings this year have failed to produce. Lewis MacLeod IMO has been streets ahead of Black,Hutton,McKay and Shiels this season.

All of these are secondary to a solid CB or 2. This is the main priority IMO.

I should have added that I would only do it, with those names mentioned anyway, if they are willing to come in for the same money that the players who will leave are on.

For example: If Thomson can prove his fitness, then get shot of Black and give him his wage. Same goes for Boyd with big Fran.

You get the idea. In no way am I suggesting we should break the bank or fill the squad with these players. It is important at a club like Rangers, when developing young players to have a number of players in there that know what its all about; and have proven they have what it takes to perform week in and week out in that jersey.

CB will be a problem area for Ally simply because he cant just go out and pay a fee for a player (I've no doubt he would have one or two he feels could make a difference).