SPL 2

minstral

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There is now talk of SPL 2, and our club being invited. My thoughts are that we should stay loyal to the SFL who welcomed us, when the SPL were trying to kill us, and we should tell them to get to fluck.

Dirty dogs so they are. I would love to get back quicker but totally see your point!!!!

While I agree we shouldn't accept, the SFL only welcomed us so warmly because of the financial boost to be had with us in the division. They want to milk us just as much as the SPL do.

To be fair they didn't let the SPL/SFA stick us into div 1 when they could have sold out for that.

The SFL teams have done nothing to us, but support us.

Yes they benefit as well, but lets not hold that against them. Every club will act in self-interest.

If we were to get an invite to SPL2, we should only consider it on our terms. We hold all the cards and should play out our hand accordingly.

I think they'll make a point of not inviting us tho, for fear of Timmys knobbly hand pointing them out as pro-Rangers.

Cant see it but even if it did happen we would have to say no. Our squad is not good enough and we cant sign any players to improve it.

We need a natural rise to the top.

There is now talk of SPL 2, and our club being invited. My thoughts are that we should stay loyal to the SFL who welcomed us, when the SPL were trying to kill us, and we should tell them to get to fluck.

Agree 100% i dont want our club to be used in this manner. the scum at the spl/sfa need a complete clear out as well for things to change.

why would we sign up to a failing proposition? lets not be daft....let the SPL clubs realise in their own time as their demise gets closer that they were promised the world by the "pied pipers" but instead led to their untimely demise....then you will see the hatred and bile poured towards us upped ten fold and placed upon those who claim to be more Oirish as opposed to Scottish and whom want to be in England even though they like to sing about bombing and killing them....oh the irony of it all.

WE dont need or want any invite into a morally and financial bankrupt set up. imo. Stay in the SFL and go up by winning leagues fairly on the pitch.

We would have any "fast-trak" deal thrown in our faces by all the haters til the end of time. I wouldnt even accept our club saying thanks but no thanks, as the cast of Grange Hill sung "JUST SAY NO". And move on at our pace and with our heads held high. :7325::7326::ulster:

SPL2 is a non started, the SPL won't get it past the 11-1 vote

You'd assume if they were going SPL2 it would still be 12-12(8-8-8) as they were not offering anything else even when ST Mirren and County wanted a different structure. So it would not be voted through as those two teams are ardently against 12-12(8-8-8)

To be fair they didn't let the SPL/SFA stick us into div 1 when they could have sold out for that.

Yes they benefit as well, but lets not hold that against them. Every club will act in self-interest.

If we were to get an invite to SPL2, we should only consider it on our terms. We hold all the cards and should play out our hand accordingly.

I think they'll make a point of not inviting us tho, for fear of Timmys knobbly hand pointing them out as pro-Rangers.

we have made the div3 funancially stable and made alot of friends at most of the wee towns we travelled to and boosted the local economy, div2 here we come, we are the only good thing for scottish football and we always will be, stuff the sphelll and it's side kick invention :brokensfa:

Maybe they knew the joke off a set up they put forward yesterday wouldn't get the votes needed and this would open up the door for a spl 2. If we do get a invite l would tell them to shove it up their arse, they need us more than we need them.

No chance. They were certain it would go through. They had it "agreed in principle" by a show of hands in two previous meetings. It only failed by one solitary vote.

Last year RM had a poll and so did Rangers through the RFFF where you had to submit your Rangers customer number in order to vote. In both polls if my memory serves me correctly, over 90% of us voted for entry to division 3 over division 1. I have seen nothing over the past year which would change that overwhelming majority vote. SPL 2 would essentially be division 1. We didn't want fast-tracked last year. This year is no different.

NO to SPL 2!

I agree - I'm not having a go at SFL teams for wanting Rangers in their league, because as you say, they should act in their interests alone.

If I was being a cynic though, I'd say they only denied us entry to Div 1 so that more of the SFL teams could have a portion of the Rangers pound.