Charles Green set to block Kenny Miller

Exactly what we need to succeed, a 33 year old journeyman

Why aren't we targeting any other the SFL players we have seen over the past year, lots of young talent in the lower leagues, look at dundee united finding gary mackay stevens

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly what we need to succeed, a 33 year old journeyman

Why aren't we targeting any other the SFL players we have seen over the past year, lots of young talent in the lower leagues, look at dundee united finding gary mackay stevens

I don't have a clue why McCoist doesn't look to these leagues. for a start i would sign the big goalkeeper who plays for Queens park.

Thank fuck, a has been wanker who jumped ship when the first chance arose. Amazed that he maintains his place in the Scotland team after moving to MLS, yet Lee Wallace isn't playing at a good enough level to be selected

To say you can only sign players under 26 or whatever is nonsense IMO, however I agree k miller is past it

But to say no to players just because of sell on value or whatever is silly.

If that was the case we would never have seen dado prso grace Ibrox, or Sir David of Weir hold the defence together and lead us to UEFA cup final (obviously big Carlos had a say in that as well)

But you need experience as well, especially with all the young players we have at the moment

Say for instance Ryan Giggs or Phil Neville or even Frank Lampard (never going to happen but let's speculate) wanted to sign next season, you would knock back that kind of experience because of limited sell on fee?

Walter Smith's net expenditure from in his second spell (4.5 years) was only about £10m. Advocaat's net expenditure was almost £50m in a 4 year period.

they figures are easily altered to suit arguments though

When advocaat took over he didnt have a first team nevermind a squad, smith left him with nothing, when advocaat left he left eck with a 7.5mill sale in flo, 7.5mill giovanni van bronkhurst amongst other guys that eck sold on for money

smiths 10mill net spend was covered by the sale of hutton for 9 mill, hutton who was developed and left for smith by previous managers

a see both points do i think kenny miller should come back to rangers no a do not

but do i think green should be interfearing with transfer business nope becuse that is allys job

do i think green trusts ally with a 10 million transfer budget a dont think he does

do i think green wants to bring somebody else in as manager yes a do

Have to agree he would do us a turn for two seasons before we hit the SPL.Jig is too slow now,Miller is the ultimate pro.and has looked after himself.I dont think wages would be a problem as he is passed the stage in his career where he command high wages.

I still dont see any young players coming through that you can see any great potential in,apart from Andy Little but he is injury prone,id takr Kenny back.

Surely we can cast our net further than Kenny? Seems like ur settling for that option mate

Thank fuck!

This is another measure of Ally's managerial skills ! Sad thing is, he thinks he is right. He really does need to walk away.

Just what we do not need for Div. 2, another hasbeen on inflated wages and pally with the boss. He did score a few, but he is a totall shitebag and no way would he compete against any rough house tactics in Div. 2

Charles, I am with you all the way!

:lol:

Some amount of pish gets spouted in here thses days. See just because we sign an 18 year old, that doesn't mean every signing will be an 18 year old; same goes if we sign the likes of Boyd, Miller or Thomson.

Sorry if it rankles some people among the support but the truth is we have 15-20 young, inexprerienced players with no-one but big Jig to look to for guidance. The side needs a backbone of boys who know the script and can still get it done.

Its happening. Deal with it.

The one thing Miller NEVER had was a backbone!

A yellow streak a mile wide would be more appropriate! FFS, he would be lookin for young players to protect him.

they figures are easily altered to suit arguments though

When advocaat took over he didnt have a first team nevermind a squad, smith left him with nothing, when advocaat left he left eck with a 7.5mill sale in flo, 7.5mill giovanni van bronkhurst amongst other guys that eck sold on for money

smiths 10mill net spend was covered by the sale of hutton for 9 mill, hutton who was developed and left for smith by previous managers

When Smith left first time there was 20 million in the bank so to say he left him with nothing is just plain daft.

Green is spot on.

If the manager can quantify what a 33yr old miller on 300% better wages than someone like LIttle can bring then, yes, by all means bring him back on board

However, if he can't, and I STRONGLY suggest this to be the case, then why the outlay?

It all stinks of circling the wagons and straw clutching unfortunately

I'm with Green on this.

Have to agree he would do us a turn for two seasons before we hit the SPL.Jig is too slow now,Miller is the ultimate pro.and has looked after himself.I dont think wages would be a problem as he is passed the stage in his career where he command high wages.

I still dont see any young players coming through that you can see any great potential in,apart from Andy Little but he is injury prone,id takr Kenny back.

So would i mate,his experience would be invaluable,and he is still better than anything we gave got.He is well respected in the Scotland set up,forever helping the younger players.Think this is what Akly has earmarked him for.As for wages well thats a totally different matter.

Thank fuck!

This is another measure of Ally's managerial skills ! Sad thing is, he thinks he is right. He really does need to walk away.

Just what we do not need for Div. 2, another hasbeen on inflated wages and pally with the boss. He did score a few, but he is a totall shitebag and no way would he compete against any rough house tactics in Div. 2

Charles, I am with you all the way!

The more I read your posts the more I'm convinced you're trying far too hard.

If i had to pick i think i would rather sign Boyd the reason is he is a better goal scorer and is a poacher in front of goal.

Everyone who has watched us this season would agree that we had alot of chances in front of goal boyd would be the man to put them away.

Instead of relying only on Andy Little and McCulloch. boyd is a natural poacher which is what you need in these divisions.