Charles Green set to block Kenny Miller

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't need Kenny Miller back to get us out of division 2 and division 1. If all goes to plan by the time we are back in the SPL he will be 36/37. He has also had a history of injuries and looks like he has lost a lot of his pace which was one of his major assests.

The one player I would take back providing he was on sensible wages would be Boyd. He's still only 29, would cost nothing and would guarantee 20 goals a season. He never relied on pace and he will never lose that striking instict. He would score a bagful in the lower divisions and by the time we reach the SPL again he will be in his early 30's.

Being honest - I'd be happy to see most of our current squad getting scrapped, and bringing in decent lower league players that we know have talent, and paying them lower league wages. Sure we're Glasgow Rangers, a massive club blah blah blah, but that doesn't mean that every single player with a tiny bit of talent brought to this club should have 10k thrown at them.

I reckon we could bring in players from Queen of the South, maybe a few from Berwick (Fraser McLaren), There's plenty of potential just lying and waiting in Division's 3 & 2 waiting for someone to notice them, and with the coaching they'd get at Rangers - We could have players on wages as low as 1,500/2,000 per week.

We should be following the Dutch model. Players from our Acadamy or young players with potential from eastern Europe or Afrika.

Ive heard that pish spouted since i was 5. "Follow the Ajax model.." Aye, we're still waiting.

no in the real world managers need to ask permission to sign players at a well run football club the chief executive/chairman(David Murray) wouldn't have allowed the manager(Walter) to spend £10 Million odd on Steven Davis, Pedro Mendes & Maurice Edu when he already had Kevin Thomson & Barry Ferguson, Murray giving Walter free reign to sign who he liked in his 2nd spell was what made the debt so big in the first place.

Walter Smith's net expenditure from in his second spell (4.5 years) was only about £10m. Advocaat's net expenditure was almost £50m in a 4 year period.

Walter Smith's net expenditure from in his second spell (4.5 years) was only about £10m. Advocaat's net expenditure was almost £50m in a 4 year period.

Yeah, but you can prove anything with facts. Facts, schmacts - we deal in half-baked opinions, conjecture and speculation on here!

NO NO NO, if ally brings any of these old ex players whether they were ours or from the sphelll he's got to go, no imagination or creativity that smells of,a desperate manager.

There is tons of young and experienced sfl players that we can bring in cheap, want to play for the jersey and sell on or keep, this talk and strategy is madness

Plus if you consider that we still had davis, lafferty, naismith, whitakker, edu on the books before admin... had we not had our troubles we'd easily have got more than 10 mill for those players... thats not even taking into account how cheaply we sold jelavic/kenny miller.

I agree that singing a 33 year is no good. But what i want to know is why Charles Green is not going replace Neil Murrays position?

When asked by STV if he would be replacing Murray he said no because that position has been made redundant.

How does he expect us to get new young players in from around the world then if we don't have a scout?

I agree that singing a 33 year is no good. But what i want to know is why Charles Green is not going replace Neil Murrays position?

When asked by STV if he would be replacing Murray he said no because that position has been made redundant.

How does he expect us to get new young players in from around the world then if we don't have a scout?

fuck ur right , because Murray was running a conveyor belt of young talent from around the world

Use modern technology perhaps? Or could it be semantics, having made a "Scout" or "Chief Scout" position redundant Im pretty sure you cant employ anyone in that role for several months. A few tweaks and a name change and hey presto.

Miller is finished.

His main asset was Pace, that's gone now he's not as quick and fit as he used to be.

It's crazy to try and bring back a guy in his twilight years when we have Little scoring 20 plus goals this season with an experienced hand like Jig beside him a,so scoring for fun.

Miller is just not needed, Green is correct in bringing players in with a re sale value.

Use modern technology perhaps? Or could it be semantics, having made a "Scout" or "Chief Scout" position redundant Im pretty sure you cant employ anyone in that role for several months. A few tweaks and a name change and hey presto.

We've already;ready been using youtube they must have saw that flip sebo video and thats why we signed him.

:lol:

Some amount of pish gets spouted in here thses days. See just because we sign an 18 year old, that doesn't mean every signing will be an 18 year old; same goes if we sign the likes of Boyd, Miller or Thomson.

Sorry if it rankles some people among the support but the truth is we have 15-20 young, inexprerienced players with no-one but big Jig to look to for guidance. The side needs a backbone of boys who know the script and can still get it done.

Its happening. Deal with it.

fuck ur right , because Murray was running a conveyor belt of young talent from around the world

It's no really up to him to sign them though is it? Murray must have scouted some decent players for us over the years. But because our managers have signed them they will be the ones that get the credit for it.

:lol:

Some amount of pish gets spouted in here thses days. See just because we sign an 18 year old, that doesn't mean every signing will be an 18 year old; same goes if we sign the likes of Boyd, Miller or Thomson.

Sorry if it rankles some people among the support but the truth is we have 15-20 young, inexprerienced players with no-one but big Jig to look to for guidance. The side needs a backbone of boys who know the script and can still get it done.

Its happening. Deal with it.

It's not happening charles Green will make sure of that if they are a certain age.