Charles Green set to block Kenny Miller

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The news is unlikely to improve the strained relationship between Green and McCoist". Usual throwaway pish comment from the press based on fuck all. If there was any truth in Green blocking this he'd be right to do so. Have we learned nothing this season from throwing silly money at big name under achievers who we don't need at this level?

Stupid story, the idea that we will have a wage structure in place, and have an expectation of a return on investment is exactly the sort of approach we need to be taking.

If we can demonstrate that bringing in an older player will have a demonstrable impact on the club, either by enhancing gate receipts or further progress in cups, then it is potentially worth doing, if not, then it isn't.

Kenny Miller :anguish: Jon Daly :anguish: Craig Cathcart :anguish:

Whats wrong with Craig Cathcart? Only 24 product of Man Uniteds Youth Academy and always looked like a decent player. Only left United because Jonny Evans came through at the same time. As long as the wages are ok I don't see the issue. Or is it that Broadfoot is in the Blackpool team and Cathcart isn't?

I dont have a problem with us not going for him due to high wages. Saying he's too old is wrong though IMO.

Anyone over 26 is too old in my books - goalkeepers not included. Players peak at 27/28. Why would you want to sign a player past his best?

Christ i dont even know where to start with that statement.

So signing players past their peak, is a good transfer policy?

Did you know Sir Alex Ferguson has only signed seven outfield players, who were aged 28 or above, since 1987? Does Sir Alex know what he's doing?

Did you know Sir Alex Ferguson has only signed seven outfield players, who were aged 28 or above, since 1987? Does Sir Alex know what he's doing?

Id never question arguable the greatest ever managers ability. Hes signed 7 more than you would have though eh.

Lets go further, lets look at another top quality manager, oh i dunno, mourinho say. Are you saying he doesnt know what hes doing?

I dont think you meant never ever ever sign a player above that age, but thats what you said. Im sure i heard managers around the world collectively pissin themselves at that.

You cant write off players and just say "na, over that age, no chance, dont care who he is or how good he is". Its rediculous and im sure you didnt mean that

Kenny Miller was a great player for Rangers. Before he left he was scoring for fun two goals in almost every game.

Craig whyte wouldn't pay a pittance for Millers return which Miller wanted desperately.

To say McCoist should be sacked for wanting to bring him back is ludicrous.

Miller would set up and score loads of goals for us in the coming seasons.

If the wage can be negotiated to an agreed level he would be a great signing.

And one of those is Robin van Persie! I think there can be leeway with Centre Halves as well as keepers but theres no reason, at this stage, why we need more experienced players. How younger players are developed at Auchenhowie is more of an issue. I think a couple of older players may be needed when we get back to the top league but thats a couple of years away.

I would agree with your comments from the 70s and 80s where players were finished at 33-35.

Its changed days now and players hit their peak about 28-30 which allows them to play on at a good level for

a few extra years.

You obv realise some of the players we'd have missed out on over the years with your signing policy. Id never have got to see paul gascoigne for a start. Past it.

Id never question arguable the greatest ever managers ability. Hes signed 7 more than you would have though eh.

Lets go further, lets look at another top quality manager, oh i dunno, mourinho say. Are you saying he doesnt know what hes doing?

I dont think you meant never ever ever sign a player above that age, but thats what you said. Im sure i heard managers around the world collectively pissin themselves at that.

You cant write off players and just say "na, over that age, no chance, dont care who he is or how good he is". Its rediculous and im sure you didnt mean that

:lol: obviously I can't demonstrate my transfer policy until I am a manager. That's at least 15 years away.

Of course there are exceptions, when an emergency dictates a short term signing, but Rangers cannot afford to sign players who have, or may have peaked.

We need to be able to make money on signings. Signing young British players, with the odd young foreigner thrown in could achieve that.

McCoist has signed 5 players aged 28 or above already!

Kyle, Cribari, Ortiz, Goian and Bocanegra.

Only one was good enough for more than one season - I just hope we get to see him back from Spain.

:lol: obviously I can't demonstrate my transfer policy until I am a manager. That's at least 15 years away.

Of course there are exceptions, when an emergency dictates a short term signing, but Rangers cannot afford to sign players who have, or may have peaked.

We need to be able to make money on signings. Signing young British players, with the odd young foreigner thrown in could achieve that.

McCoist has signed 5 players aged 28 or above already!

Kyle, Cribari, Ortiz, Goian and Bocanegra.

Only one was good enough for more than one season - I just hope we get to see him back from Spain.

I knew what yi meant, and agree. :)