The Founders Trail Is Shown The Red Card By Bigots.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the last four years since the Founders Trail took to the streets promoting our incredible story and celebrating the kids who formed our wonderful Club, it was always our intention to take it out into the mainstream of Scottish life.

It's a wonderful Scottish story and why shouldn't it be part of cultural festivals ?

We secured a listing on the Visit Scotland website and have our Founders Trail and Ibrox Stadium Tour leaflets on display within the Tourist office in Glasgow.

Back in 1871 when our Founders, who were mere teenagers , arrived in Glasgow they settled in the west end of the city where the McNeil's in particular stayed for many years.

With this in mind we applied for and secured a stall at the popular West End Festival in 2011.

11vld1g.jpg

It proved to be a huge success where we raised a fair amount of cash for both Yorkhill and Erskine Hospitals.

In an effort to broaden our scope we took a stall at last years smaller but still popular Gibson Street Festival , the link being that Peter McNeil, brother of Moses and his family stayed for a few years at 32 Gibson Street.

It was a huge success again.

To enable us to again secure a stall at this years Gibson Street Festival we applied for a stall in January.

Two weeks ago i got an email back from the stalls coordinator stating '' Unfortunately we can't offer the Founders Trail a stall this year due to the controversy your stall caused last year''.

I immediately suggested that we meet.

This meeting took place last week in a west end cafe where i asked for a full explanation.

They had received two phone calls and two emails. I asked for the worst of it.One email had said '' The Gibson Street event is a folk and community festival and it shouldn't be aligning itself with a bigoted organisation''

We spoke at length about how we're promoting a wonderful Glasgow story of kids who came into the city from rural Scotland to find employment but gave birth to one of the world's greatest sporting institutions.

I stressed that he as organiser was doing nothing more than bending to bigots. That he wasn't taking into consideration the many people who'd stopped at our stall and had complimented us on what we were there promoting.

I stated that our project will move on and the only people who would lose out from his decision were the kids at Yorkhill and the residents of Erskine Hospital.

It held no sway.

We set out four years ago to show that our Club's story is indeed unique and it's been hugely successful .

Glasgow and this country will forever live in the past as long as we have people such as those at the Gibson Street Festival who are willing to do the bigots work for them.

To be honest,I found "sponge the vicar" to be anti Protestant and inciting violence against Protestant clergy.

Think I'll be complaining about the blatant sectarianism.

So you decide to believe some no mark over a man and his colleagues who have for many years spent time and considerable effort in bringing this story to the wider world.

I know exactly who I believe in this story and its not some faceless chinless idiot who clearly has not one clue about the Founding Fathers. The link to Gibson Street is irrefutable and the later explanation released to the media came after a, generally, well conducted campaign by a number of members. How would Ian have known about the e-mails or phone calls if they weren't the reason? There was no need for them to be mentioned if the stall was 'not in keeping' with the event!

You seem to be suggesting that Ian is lying and your disdain is obvious. There may be a number of reasons for this but I suggest that you have a more than vested interest in peddling your 'opinion' here.

I'm suggesting that he is drumming up support by using such emotive language to raise the masses. There is no proof this was what was said. If McColl said that maybe he has his own agenda. This campaign was ill-advised and poorly executed and totally pointless. The reasons they gave are sound reasons. People on here are talking about checking out the licenses and permits of the gala. Really?

Siege mentality isn't always a good thing. Not when it leads to rash and ill-considered action. McColl should be a bit more careful who he makes unsubstantiated defamation claims about and people on here should think before they jump onboard what is increasingly becoming less about history and more about a few guys and their vanity project. Ok, you got in the papers. Good for you. Well done.

Maybe now we can actually use this forum to discuss real, and not imagined slights.

Ok, here is the situation. Whyte is still involved in your club. Soon it will be the NewcoNewcoSevco. Your messiah, Green, is a shyster and none of you muppets can actually face up to it. Your next Attila? A man who has already done time for various offences.

The aforementioned savior is going to make him the biggest shareholder after agreeing to sell him his shares. Green lied to you muppets all along and you bought every single lie. The Zombie club is dying again. Fucking pathetic. When all around you the festering sevco cesspool is imploding all you can bang on email campaigns about the founding fathers. Fucking pathetic.

Who gives a shit about Struth and MacNeill and all those other founding fathers? They would be disgusted to see what their child has become. A dishonest, bigoted, moronic joke. You have a manager so inept it beggers belief. Can he get out of the next division? Probably not.

Your support are bigoted, mindless cretins. WATP? What a fucking joke. If you are the people then thank god I am not one of you. Celtic are everything you fuckers want to be but never will. Respected in Europe and around the world.

You are all intent in destroying your shitty wee club, from the board down to the oh-so-naïve fans. PS the whole of Scotland is laughing at you. NewcoNewcoSevco is the gift that keeps on giving.

THE TRUTH HURTS, DOESN’T IT YA SOAP-DODGING FANNIES HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

JELLY AND ICE-CREAM!!!!

Ok, here is the situation. Whyte is still involved in your club. Soon it will be the NewcoNewcoSevco. Your messiah, Green, is a shyster and none of you muppets can actually face up to it. Your next Attila? A man who has already done time for various offences.

The aforementioned savior is going to make him the biggest shareholder after agreeing to sell him his shares. Green lied to you muppets all along and you bought every single lie. The Zombie club is dying again. Fucking pathetic. When all around you the festering sevco cesspool is imploding all you can bang on email campaigns about the founding fathers. Fucking pathetic.

Who gives a shit about Struth and MacNeill and all those other founding fathers? They would be disgusted to see what their child has become. A dishonest, bigoted, moronic joke. You have a manager so inept it beggers belief. Can he get out of the next division? Probably not.

Your support are bigoted, mindless cretins. WATP? What a fucking joke. If you are the people then thank god I am not one of you. Celtic are everything you fuckers want to be but never will. Respected in Europe and around the world.

You are all intent in destroying your shitty wee club, from the board down to the oh-so-naïve fans. PS the whole of Scotland is laughing at you. NewcoNewcoSevco is the gift that keeps on giving.

THE TRUTH HURTS, DOESN’T IT YA SOAP-DODGING FANNIES HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

JELLY AND ICE-CREAM!!!!

Get tae buggery ya fucking bheast

I wanted to see what else Jamsie had to say in his previous posts but for some reason admin says I don't have permission. I used to be able to (I think) has there been a change on the forum?

Perhaps with all this IamRangers stuff, i noticed that threads deleted now too, :shifty: Edit found it again doh

10 minutes along the road from Gibson street is Glasgow's top tourist attraction...........The Art Galleries. A large part of their exhibits on the ground floor displays the history of Rangers. Visit Scotland promote the Founders Trail as a tourist attraction.

Yet Gibson street think there's something "controversial" about it !

I understand what you are saying but had the roles been reversed we would do the exact same and it is for that reason, the polarising of opinions and inflamed passions that the gala said, thanks, but no thanks. You can't really blame them.

Mongo :BELM:

Wheres jamsie gone!? ««®}{®»» shifty shifty eyes indeed!!??

Im looking forward to going to this gala. It should be mobbed with BEARS asking where the FOUNDERS TRAIL STALL IS!?.

I know who I believe and it aint some west end guardian reading apologist/bigot appeaser!!. Go on THE FOUNDING FATHERS..

Statement from the Gala

Posted by web admin on Apr 24, 2013 in Latest News | No Comments

The committee of Gibson St Gala would like to clarify their decision not to rent a stall to The Founders Trail/ Gallant Pioneers at this year’s event.

The use of the word “bigoted” came from a member of the public and is in no way a reflection of the views of the Gala Committee or anyone on it.

The Gala is a community event run by volunteers to provide a day of fun and relaxation for all the family. Volunteer organisers work hard over a number of months to raise funds in order to have a great Gala day which is free to the public. These fundraising endeavours make it possible to offer, for example, free activities and free entertainment for children.

The day has a wonderful atmosphere and has always received huge amounts of positive feedback from everyone involved.

After last year’s event there was some negative feedback about the presence of The Founders Trail and the associated football colours on display, so the decision was made not to have any team representation on the day this year.

The Gibson Street Gala relies on funding from local businesses and the support of the local community. The Gala fully supports Scottish football as a sport, but feels that this day is not the place to show affiliation to any particular team. This decision applies to all football teams.

Last year, The Founders Trail stall was well run and no one involved with the Gala had any issue with it.

The Gibson Street Gala is about bringing people together, to sing, dance, eat, drink and be entertained. The Gala welcomes everyone.

The committee certainly never intended to cause offence and apologises if its actions have been been misinterpreted.

It would be a great shame if the future of a gala for all the community were to be jeopardised by the response to a decision taken in good faith and without prejudice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" The committee certainly never intended to cause offence and apologises if its actions have been been misinterpreted."

Hmmm is this an apology?

" The use of the word “bigoted” came from a member of the public and is in no way a reflection of the views of the Gala Committee or anyone on it."

But the Committee accepted the word of this member of the public!

Again well done to those who stood up to those against us, the good fight continues!