The Founders Trail Is Shown The Red Card By Bigots.

Good Afternoon,

I am writing to you in sheer disbilief that you would refuse a stall to a fund raising organisation who for years have done some great work for both the childrens hospital at Yorkhill and to the service men and woman of this country at Erskine Hospital.

The reason given to the members and charity organisers of the Founders Trail for it being a bigoted organisation. Were you as promoters of this Gibson Street Festival given any type of evidence to show that this chritable organisation is in any way bigotted did you do your own investigation to see if there was any truth? Or did you just take the word of two individuals who may have had there own agenda in reporting them?

As an organisation you are bowing to the very bigots that complained and attempting to stop a charity from getting much needed funds. I hope that you have the evidence to show that you were right to refuse the Founders Trail a stall on your fund day when confronted with the newspapers.

I am sure by now that you would have been inundated with e-mail complaints about the refusal to allow this stall a place on your special day, since there were only two complaints and two e-mails that stopped this then perhaps that you can have a rethink and allow this fund raising to go ahead.

Yours

Just sent this as well to them. Hopefully they will be snowed under with complaints :crabflute:

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

complaint sent.

Sirs,

After reading that you have denied a stall to the highly respected "Founders' Trail" organisation, and that you have described them as being associated with a "bigoted organisation", I must advise you that, in protest at your stance, neither I nor any of my family will be attending this year's gala or any future galas.

I will also be strongly urging all my friends, associates, and online communities to which I subscribe to boycott your event until such times as the Founders' Trail stall is reinstated, and your organisation makes a public apology for implying that The Founders' Trail are in any way associated with any form of bigotry.

Yours sincerely,

Good Afternoon,

I am writing to you in sheer disbilief that you would refuse a stall to a fund raising organisation who for years have done some great work for both the childrens hospital at Yorkhill and to the service men and woman of this country at Erskine Hospital.

The reason given to the members and charity organisers of the Founders Trail for it being a bigoted organisation. Were you as promoters of this Gibson Street Festival given any type of evidence to show that this chritable organisation is in any way bigotted did you do your own investigation to see if there was any truth? Or did you just take the word of two individuals who may have had there own agenda in reporting them?

As an organisation you are bowing to the very bigots that complained and attempting to stop a charity from getting much needed funds. I hope that you have the evidence to show that you were right to refuse the Founders Trail a stall on your fund day when confronted with the newspapers.

I am sure by now that you would have been inundated with e-mail complaints about the refusal to allow this stall a place on your special day, since there were only two complaints and two e-mails that stopped this then perhaps that you can have a rethink and allow this fund raising to go ahead.

Yours

Just sent this as well to them. Hopefully they will be snowed under with complaints :crabflute:

Hold on 'till I get my magnifying glass out.

Look at the sponsors of the gala and email,write, facebook them to let them know what has happened!

Here is a List of some of the sponsors of the gala day

2013 Gibson Street Gala Sponsors

Thanks to the following:

Alice Rocks Hairdressing

Many thanks to John Comerford at Alice Rocks on Gibson Street for his contribution.

Artisan Roast

Many thanks to Artisan Roast for their contribution.

Cairn Letting

Many thanks to Cairn Letting on Gibson Street for their generous contribution.

Copy & Print

Many thanks to Copy & Print for their generous support.

Gear Bikes

Huge thanks to Gear Bikes on Gibson Street for sponsoring the gala!

Global Cuisines

Many thanks to Global Cuisines on Gibson Street for their support.

Inn Deep

Thanks to Inn Deep for their contribution.

the left bank

A few emails and face books to sponsors may do the trick!

Let's be sensible and civil. The argument we have made is sound and should stand on its on merits. Remember that we are trying to get them to see the error of their ways - there is no point in waging a campaign that completely ruins the event and the people involved - I think that may be counter productive for us.

Look at the sponsors of the gala and email,write, facebook them to let them know what has happened!

Thanks to the following:

Alice Rocks Hairdressing

Many thanks to John Comerford at Alice Rocks on Gibson Street for his contribution.

Artisan Roast

Cairn Letting

Copy & Print

Many thanks to Copy & Printfor their generous support.

Gear Bikes

Global Cuisines

Inn Deep

the left bank

Well Catherine Hardy, who set up the gala day website is a part owner of Left Bank along with Jacqueline Mary Fennessy. Nosey bastard :pipe:

complaint sent.

Govanblue I have stolen part of your letter and I am emailing the companies and posting on their Facebook Pages and Twitter,. I urge other Bears to do the same.

Sirs,

I understand that your company are one of this years sponsors of The Gibson Street Gala.

Are you aware that the organisers of this event have refused a stall (Which has been at past Gala days without any issues) That raise money for two very good local charities, namely Yorkhill Sick Children's Hospital and The Hospital for ex-Servicemen and woman at Erskine?

The reason given for refusal of the stall is that it is considered 'bigoted'

The Stall in question is run by the highly respected "Founders' Trail" organisation, and the organisers have described them as being nebulously associated with a "bigoted organisation", I must advise you that, in protest at your stance, neither I nor any of my family will be attending this year's gala or any future galas, or use any of the companies that support this outrageous stance

I will also be strongly urging all my friends, associates, and online communities to which I subscribe to boycott the event and it's associate companies until such times as the Founders' Trail stall is reinstated, and the organisation makes a public apology for implying that The Founders' Trail are in any way associated with any form of bigotry.

Yours sincerely,

Thanks to the following:

Alice Rocks Hairdressing

Artisan Roast

Cairn Letting

Copy & Print

Many thanks to Copy & Printfor their generous support.

Gear Bikes

Global Cuisines

Inn Deep

the left bank

I have posted on the companies above FB page...check them out and comment......... (Cairn Letting do not have a FB page so emailed MD)

Emails sent.

Dear Sir,

I am shocked at how easily you have rebuffed two hero's in our community, I think you must investigate these complaints and would hope that sense prevails.

Yorkhill and Erskine Hospital's are the victim's here and it is shameful they should lose out due to a selfish act.

Best Regards,

Simple, just rename it the brother walfrid trail and the local authorities will be throwing money at you.

I think you just gave the dark eastenders a new revinue stream, every priest and his alter boy will be pounding the pedodome to find out how to get on this trail