The Founders Trail Is Shown The Red Card By Bigots.

I presume that some folk on here will either live or know Rangers fans who live within the area in which the Gala is being held. I suggest that these people contact their local organisers to voice their opinions on this situation at any open meeting of the planning committee. Perhaps a request could be made for a list of any other former stall holders who have been banned from participation and for what reason. Perhaps it should be made obvious that by aligning their activities with those who are the real bigots in this situation that they themselves are being left open to a charge of being bigots and have any public funding given to their Gala stopped.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure that a certain Mr Traynor might have a contact or ten that could bring this to light seeing as how it's not exactly Rangers that are making money out of it, more that Yorkhill and Erskine are losing out of it.

That's the most scandalous thing I've heard in a long time. I would hate living in such a little cesspit that Scotland has become lately.

Disgraceful. How pathetic would you have to be to complain about something like this.

Im not well read on the subject, but from what ive heard, The Founders didnt give a hoot about Catholic or Protestant they just wanted to play football. It was the other team from Glasgow that came along and brought their bigotry with them, for poor Irish catholics, not just poor Irish families.

Its getting to the point im going to actively complain whenever I see something celtic related, even though its petty as fuck, but seems like the only way to do anything is to fight fire with fire.

See there is the problem. They are complaining just so we get brushed aside. If we start it then it will just escalate until it would mean we can't even wear a club's shirt for fear of upsetting someone.

Think it's time to rather stand your ground than react to them.

Point out to these people that an active fundraiser is in no way bigoted. Show them the good work and point out, in a sensible way, that it's fans (sic) of another club causing mischief only. By them reacting, they are actively promoting the mischief. Tell them that and see if they change their minds

I'll be sending an email. I'll include the sponsors as well.

Rangers fans trying to promote the origins of the club and tell the whole Rangers story is a very relevant reflection of the our city. All it's good and sometimes bad. It's a disgrace that such worthy charities won't benefit from our story.

I occurs to me that the complaints must have come from people who are either involved with the organisation or are major sponsors of the event who have threatened to withdraw their support unless the Founders Trail stall was banned. Why would they act if they received two complaints, I'm sure that they'll receive more than that about traffic disruption, noise and litter levels.

This is absolutely disgusting. I have been on the Tour and found it absolutely amazing. I am planning on doing it again. These guys are doing a fantastic job.

I cannot believe that the festival has made this decision

"...and it shouldn't be aligning itself with a bigoted organisation" - Surely Rangers could do something about this? Or is this referring to the "Founders Trail" ?

I will fire an email their way well.. this cannot go on.

Here's my letter of complaint:

Dear GSG,

I'm just writing to exress my disappointment in your decision to refuse The Founders Trail the right to obtain a Stall. Their Stall was one of the main reasons for me to attend last years festival and it'll be sorely missed by many I'm sure.

One of the things I find most disturbing is the reason given to The Founders Trail for this refusal. It's my understanding that you recieved a letter of complaint which claimed The Founders Trail was "a bigoted organisation''. You took this letter of complaint, gave weight to that false claim, and on that basis refused The Founders Trail the right to trade. Is that correct?

I appreciate any information you can give me on this matter and look forward to your reply.

Thank you in advance,

Mr.E

It may be worth checking with the West End Festival and Visit Scotland as to the number of 'complaints' they have received regarding the excellent Founders Trail. I'm sure these other organisations will have received the same sort of nonsense and their reaction to it may prove an interesting contrast or, at least, show up the small mindedness of those behind this disgraceful incident.

Hello there my name is WF.

I am writing to your event organisers today in total disbelief and sadness. I've never been to the festival before but I was hoping to visit this summer and see the 'Founders Trail' stall. I've heard many great things about the store and wanted to see it for myself. But I'm learning now your event organisers have declined them to come back this year. I'm unsure why, but its terrible to think a charity running stall would be turned away. Shame on the organisers. And sadly I won't be visiting or recommending the festival to any of my tourist visitors I get in my bar.

Thank you for your time.

I emailed them just then. All the best guys! (tu)

Is it not enough for Glasgow City council to subsidise the thims at every turn? Now their calling people raising money for charity bigots? How is helping educate people about the history of Rangers a crime? anybody who wants to know what Labour think of rangers look no further.....

On sunday there I spent over 5 hours on the latest founders trail & Ibrox tour. I'm a bit of a Rangers anorak but the amount of stuff I found out about our amazing club that I didnt have a clue about truly humbled me. The whole day made me prouder than ever to be a Rangers man & washed away all thoughts of the Peterhead debacle from the day before.

I'd like to point out that at no time during the whole day was the subject of religion mentioned as a link to Rangers or the gallant pioneers in any shape or form.

Makes me angry that a couple of lowlifes can have so much sway in this city.