was at Murray Park today... transfer news?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't the people who would take Smith back realise that all of our current squad are rubbish, and all of our former players are rubbish, and any player we are linked with is rubbish.

The only players we should be signing are cheap, lower league, young, classy Rangers fans, who are guaranteed to be future stars, good enough for the second division at the same time as building for the future. It really is that easy. ( did I get that right, guys?)

Can't the people who would take Smith back realise that all of our current squad are rubbish, and all of our former players are rubbish, and any player we are linked with is rubbish.

The only players we should be signing are cheap, lower league, young, classy Rangers fans, who are guaranteed to be future stars, good enough for the second division at the same time as building for the future. It really is that easy. ( did I get that right, guys?)

put like that it shows how easy it is to do :)

Some and i repeat SOME of the people who have gone in the last few years, were pretty sad losses in my opinion. I dont care how old they may be, many of them are real Rangers men, some who like Nacho got thrown away sadly and deserve another chance.

I would easily take Miller, Boyd and Nacho back than have Daly or Boca in the squad. I want heart and love of Rangers, not money hunters.

If the old guys will take decent wages, id rather have them.

That's probably the most ironic sentence I have ever read on RM.

Thanks for the laugh. :pipe:

Where does this obsession for expensive 'experienced' players come from?

Here's what we could have available next season (excluding those I don't want):

GK's - Alexander, Bell, Currie, Smith

Def's - Wallace, Mitchell, Faure, Bocanegra, Gasparotto, Hegarty

Mid's - Black, Macleod, Hutton, Templeton, McKay, Aird, Crawford, Stoney, Murdoch

Fwd's - Jig, Little, Shiels, Hemmings, Clark

Ok, so a few we might not see (Bell, Boca and Clark), but assuming none of the others leave, and Cribari, Gallagher, Perry, Argyriou, Naismith are rightly moved on...put 3 defenders under the age of 25 in there and what is wrong with that team to win SFL2?

Have to agree with you as your thinking is similar to my own on this. We pished Div 3 with a bunch of laddies and a few seasoned pros, so this rush to build a team fit for Europe is laughable. We are where we are and, unless the beaks want to catapult us into the " bankruptcy division " , we move on to win Div 2 and watch the SPL clubs plummet ever downwards. Keep the dosh in the bank and our powder dry as " instant Karma's" not happening any time soon.

Broadfoot, Miller, Boyd, Smith, Nacho, thanks for the memories and good luck to all of you.

This season we have won the league and importantly unearthed 2 or 3 little gems.

Next season is going to be vital.

A season where we must develop a football phylosophy and a positive syle of play that will serve us well for the next decade.

Time to keep building and moving forward not looking to the past.

:lol:

OAP Loyal :uk:

Glad you posted that, because I'm having trouble highlighting text ......

Miller and Boyd, and not money hunters..........

Jeeeeezuz karyst.

Aye mate! I'm glad somebody else can see the irony of her post :pipe:

Some and i repeat SOME of the people who have gone in the last few years, were pretty sad losses in my opinion. I dont care how old they may be, many of them are real Rangers men, some who like Nacho got thrown away sadly and deserve another chance.

I would easily take Miller, Boyd and Nacho back than have Daly or Boca in the squad. I want heart and love of Rangers, not money hunters.

If the old guys will take decent wages, id rather have them.

I don't even know where to start with this one.

Epic fail

Has anyone remembered that, in the SFL, squads are limited to 22 players of 21 and over. All very well having older players but will they be fit for a full season, or are they just looking for a windfall before they retire? Bringing in 10/11 players means that half the squad will be new and it will take time for them to gel into a team. Now is not a time for nostalgia to rule. We need to be building up a team for our return to the top flight (whatever that may be) and shouldn't be chopping the team around every year just because some "old boys", who left for more money elsewhere, decide that they are Gers at heart and want to make one last lucrative contract. Forget any idea that these guys will come back for a pittance. If Ally wants them enough, he will cave into their demands and we shall find ourselves in a worse situation than this year, with megabucks being thrown out the window for players who don't fit in or are injured for long periods. Teams are going under bit by bit and having to cut down their spending. Now is not the time to be splashing out on players we don't need. Lock the money away and keep it for the time we are back in Europe and can justify high fees and wages. Fans will moan for a couple of years at the quality of the spectacle but, after the past year, that is worth putting up with if there are better things to come in a couple of years time.

Just saw Stuart Munro at Glasgow Airport with Davie Robertson and Staale Stensaas.

Novo - yes

Boyd - no

Miller - yes

If I was McCoist, I'd be watching Hearts videos because there will be a few free agents down Gorgie way soon...

Personally, the time is right for us to bring back Filipio Maniero and Makhtar N'Diaye. Both guys never had a fair crack of the whip the first time round and could do a cracking job!

Anyone have a number for Karl Svensson?

Fuck me. Running out of things to say with this clueless garbage

Novo - No

Miller - No

Smith - No

Thomson - No

Ferguson - No

Boyd - No

Broadfoot - No

None of these players were great when they left us and time doesn't stand still. Their time with Rangers is over.

Well it should be.