How would you define success next season?

How do you mean? Playing against these teams is exactly why we should be playing good football, part timers and the leagues are own before a ball is kicked

How does one objectively measure good football? If you look at the stats then we are averaging 3 goals a game whilst only conceding 8. We have also won 20 out of 21 games in the League and are in the latter (ish) stages of two cup competitions.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would define success next year as winning the league and gaining promotion,yes i wish we played silky football but against a bunch of cloggers and their malicious(sometimes) tackles its almost impossible.Last night on the few occasions there was some close dribbling,decent runs the Bridie bunch hacked fuck out our players,add to that abysmal refereeing denying three decent penalty claims,entertaining football appears to have taken a back seat to winning.

How do you mean? Playing against these teams is exactly why we should be playing good football, part timers and the leagues are won before a ball is kicked

Anyone with eyes can see we are utterly depressing to watch just now.

That at this level is a shambles, I dread to think what a Premiership side will do to us if we progress in the cup.

Maybe that's whats needed though for some to actually face up to what we are.

just looking at the stats it would appear we are having an excellent season and results wise we are. unfortunately we don't appear to be working together as a team, most games are won on either the opponents lack of fitness/ability or individual players performance, I can't help but feel we will be found out against better teams.

just looking at the stats it would appear we are having an excellent season and results wise we are. unfortunately we don't appear to be working together as a team, most games are won on either the opponents lack of fitness/ability or individual players performance, I can't help but feel we will be found out against better teams.

Agree to a point but to be honest I don't think the next league up has much better teams than what we are playing now. I realise they may be full time but so are Dunfermline and they are average at the very best

To play consistently well all season, win the league as early as possible and have youth players coming through in numbers.

A couple of cup wins

Stability off the park

And someone else lifting the premiership title

All Scottish teams failing at the qualifying stage for europe

I success would be for ally and his backroom team to slope off into the sunset with there big fat pay checks. The football on show is the worst I have witnessed from any team in my 36yrs alive. The youth teams I played for 20yrs ago played with more style than that lot.

You cant go from a game show host for years to managing a club of rangers size, it was a complete fcuk up from the start.

Agree to a point but to be honest I don't think the next league up has much better teams than what we are playing now. I realise they may be full time but so are Dunfermline and they are average at the very best

Yeah I agree but to be honest I was more thinking about top end spfl teams ie: c**tic, dundee hivs, caley thistle etc if we progress in the cup.

I would define success next season as, (in no particular order)

1) Getting my hole more often.

2) making my first ten million.

3) Winning the nobel peace prize

4) A threesome with the Minogue sisters.

5) Reading about Craig Whytes battle with AIDS. (Amid speculation he got it from a certain corduroy wearing journo)

6) Seeing Rangers romp their way to the SPFL.

7) An end to the boardroom squabbles as they announce a £50m sponsorship tieup.

8) More Investors announced

9) The DR in Liquidation

10) Sons of Mistruth and the RST finally disband amid accusations and recriminations.

11) Ally decides to give the younger players a game, and even plays them in their proper positions.

12) Govou is signed.

Sadly some of these are plainly unachievable, however I see no reason 1-6 can't happen.

Winning the league. Winning the Ramsdens. Good runs in LC & SC. "Fans groups" to be ostracised by the club. MM & PM to ride off into the sunset. The Easdales to receive CBE's for services to football and GOAT to acknowledge that Ally has got us back where we belong. Oh, and a certain other team being screwed senseless for there dirty financial dealings.

I would define success next season as, (in no particular order)

1) Getting my hole more often.

2) making my first ten million.

3) Winning the nobel peace prize

4) A threesome with the Minogue sisters.

5) Reading about Craig Whytes battle with AIDS. (Amid speculation he got it from a certain corduroy wearing journo)

6) Seeing Rangers romp their way to the SPFL.

7) An end to the boardroom squabbles as they announce a £50m sponsorship tieup.

8) More Investors announced

9) The DR in Liquidation

10) Sons of Mistruth and the RST finally disband amid accusations and recriminations.

11) Ally decides to give the younger players a game, and even plays them in their proper positions.

12) Govou is signed.

Sadly some of these are plainly unachievable, however I see no reason 1-6 can't happen.

Oh was thinking 7-12 lol

Win League Cup, Scottish Cup, Championship and Ramsden's Cup...winning every game by 4 goals, playing beautiful attack minded free flowing barca'esque total football...no goals conceded...no folded arms...no hands in pockets...no tracksuits...no overnight stays...and all with less players on lower wages and an average age of nnnnnnnineteen.

People would still fucking moan.

looks like most ppl are getting what they ask for, all except the silky samba style of football which imo is impossible with the quality of footballers we have on our books, I'll bet McCoist couldn't care less about the style of football, he is a manager he is judged on results, I'm with Ally on this, if we were losing games then questions should be asked, because the football is as brutal as I ve seen. but 2 points dropped and one cup defeat all season is better than I thought, tbf.

looks like most ppl are getting what they ask for, all except the silky samba style of football which imo is impossible with the quality of footballers we have on our books, I'll bet McCoist couldn't care less about the style of football, he is a manager he is judged on results, I'm with Ally on this, if we were losing games then questions should be asked, because the football is as brutal as I ve seen. but 2 points dropped and one cup defeat all season is better than I thought, tbf.

Right fine, we wont get that kind of football because we've signed dross.

So why not sign cheaper dross? Why spunk all this money if all we are going to get is shite for it.

Arguably we were worse, much worse, last season but still walked it; so why bother signing Foster, Smith etc.

Just save the money and continue playing shite and winning.

Winning the League and some decent cup runs - not really bothered about how we achieve it on the park.

I think that is as a minimum, as opposed to being considered as a 'success'. Does our style of football really not bother you? Watching us makes my eyes bleed at times.

I think that is as a minimum, as opposed to being considered as a 'success'. Does our style of football really not bother you? Watching us makes my eyes bleed at times.

Of course it bothers me at times, I have a season ticket I can barely afford.

Then again, Rangers winning and a day out with my mates at the fitba makes up for it.

why pay for dross? why not pay for cheaper dross? ......the majority of our team are free transfers. Smith and foster were available at the time, they have played at the top level in Scotland and know what it takes to play for Rangers, imo a gamble that has so far failed, I actually thought when we bought into this and we got handed a transfer ban we would go out and snap up the best under 18s out there and build from that, but the first thing Green did was sack Neil Murray our chief scout. we had to fill our squad its just a pity it hasn't worked out for everyone.

why pay for dross? why not pay for cheaper dross? ......the majority of our team are free transfers. Smith and foster were available at the time, they have played at the top level in Scotland and know what it takes to play for Rangers, imo a gamble that has so far failed, I actually thought when we bought into this and we got handed a transfer ban we would go out and snap up the best under 18s out there and build from that, but the first thing Green did was sack Neil Murray our chief scout. we had to fill our squad its just a pity it hasn't worked out for everyone.

Free transfers doesn't mean they cost us nothing. Look at the books ffs. We're spunking plenty regardless of whether they cost transfer fees or not. They are pointless signings.

As for all this "team of 18 year olds" pish? No sensible person ever suggested that was viable or achievable.

Bell, Jig, Black, Daly. There's your spine. Pepper it with Wallace, Macleod, Law, Templeton, Moshni, Little, Clarke.

Then bring in guys like Mckay, Aird, Mcausland, Crawford and the like.

There was players already there and available for signing that could have been at least as good as we are getting right now and for less.

Will all these players be there/be good enough when we are back at the top league? Its up for debate, but at least we would have been able to bank some fucking cash and had it there ready to use for replacing those who aren't good enough and be back challenging sooner rather than later.

Hate the thought of struggling to finish second the top division for a number of years because we just didn't bite the bullet whilst we were climbing the leagues.