Return of the Billy Boys

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I regret to advise you that one word change to TBB is not going to satisfy the powers that be.

As for scaremongering, that would only be the case if there was no likelihood of sanctions ever being imposed. Do you actually think that RFC would never be given serious sanctions? Need I remind you that they would queue up to hit us and hit us hard. (See last summer for details.)

Alternatives were put to FARE and the police and IIRC they were both fine with the alternatives. But there was more than one word changed in the alternatives that were sent to them.

Alternatives were put to FARE and the police and IIRC they were both fine with the alternatives. But there was more than one word changed in the alternatives that were sent to them.

wasnt this one of the alternatives?

hello hello we are the PC boys

hello hello we dont make any naughty noise

wasnt this one of the alternatives?

hello hello we are the PC boys

hello hello we dont make any naughty noise

I am sure one of them replaced fenian blood with silverware

And I can't be sure, but the other might have been something close to the old Rangers boys version.

I could be wrong on both counts, but I remember that they were both counted as acceptable by both the police and I think it was FARE. There is pretty big thread on it somewhere.

shows you how namby pamby the west is

in syria if the government told people what they can or cannot sing at a football game they'd all reach for their AK47s

Their former theocracy told people what to say and what to think.

Would you back a return of the billy boys if there were a change of words, removing the questionable lyrics?

If a supporters group announced that they were bringing back the song with published new lyrics, then as long as the individuals stuck to the new ones, they would be impossible to convict anyone for singing it.

There is no doubt the atmosphere at Ibrox has lost out since the ban, so IMO, it would be great to have it back.

We're up to our knees in crackers and cheese, we are the dairy boys! :sherlock:

Ahoy ahoy we are friends of Billy, ahoy ahoy we're making some noise, we'll stop if it's too loud and we do apologise because we're just trying to avoid trouble.

There we go. Perfectly pc and no ones ever offended. The only ones that get hurt by that is us as we slowly, yet violently, take it up the arse because we've become such pussies.

:lol: :lol: We are the PC boys :D

1994 I'm also struggling to see these people's point of view. Saying that we could kill the club if this song is brought back under these circumstances.

I was not aware that the words: "Hullo", "We" "Are" etc, are all illegal? I really assumed it was just the whole "fenian blood" part, which if that's changed then surely, the song is rendered legal, as you can't charge someone with sectarianism for saying "Celtic Blood" - That's just a rivalry? And if these days you can be jailed for singing offensive songs, then I guess the Police better get off to every country around the world and jail every single football fan.

Fuck Modern Football, bunarian.ch of pussies!

That very much depends on how you pronounce the word Celtic. A difference on the c and we will suddenly be racist instead of sect

Just let it go, quite simply our fan base could never be trusted to sing this song with different lyrics.

Rightly or wrongly, the fight is lost.

Rightly or wrongly, the fight is lost.

No way: Rangers fans never give in or admit they have been beaten, especially when it comes to things close to their hearts

the song will carry on one way or another don't you worry (tu)

just maybe not in Scottish Football grounds :pipe:

Do you honestly think Rangers would have their licence revoked if a section of the support sing the Billy Boys?

I'm still waiting on any sort of punishment after the two Berwick games and Hampden at Xmas time far less our licence being revoked

Talk about scare mongering

This, We are constantly told by the scaremongers that we are always getting our club in trouble...

Give them an inch mate and they want a country mile!

No way: Rangers fans never give in or admit they have been beaten, especially when it comes to things close to their hearts

the song will carry on one way or another don't you worry (tu)

just maybe not in Scottish Football grounds :pipe:

I would love to sing it minus 1 line but it cant happen coz our fans wsould not stick to it.