Moyes confirmed as man utd manager 6yr deal

rolling.gif lunatic, get a ******* grip, i rarely say anything bad about posters unless they are being rude to me, to have the cheek to call me that, anyone that, shows you are sad little boy, throwing all the toys out of the pram that I don't agree with you. I have many times said agree to disagree, i think he is rubbish, has won nothing, oh wow he got them to like 7th big achievement, Ally has got us to win the title, but he's rubbish you say, you guys have really got things twisted.

In this care i think you are wrong, and its so boring watching you get more sily and throwing out ridiculous insults, lunactic, what a childish thing to say.

I have nothing more to say on this, so jibber on to your hearts content.

You slagged me of in your first post calling me a tit.

And Ally won the third.division title hardly the worlds greatest achievement but he will lead us to more im certain of it.

Find me where.ive ever slagged him off.

And its hardly silly when you make crazy.statements about a lot of things.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His big name signings were a bit of a mixed bag at Everton: Beattie, Johnson, The Russian boy who's name I'm not even going to try and spell & even Jelavic haven't been great value for money and his record in the cups has been atroscious.

However on the whole I think he's been a pretty good manager in the league. IIRC his net spend is something like £875,000 per season over the time he's been there and over the past five years they have had the fourth lowest net spend in the division, turned a profit and achieved five consecutive top eight finishes which is pretty impressive when you have had City emerging as a force, Tottenham getting their act together and teams like Sunderland, Newcastle & Stoke throwing decent money about in an attempt to break back into/stay in the top eight.

I think he's done enough over the course to warrant an opportunity at a bigger club than Everton, but I'm not sure he's good enough for Man Utd, but with SAF getting so much right throughout his career (Djemba-Djemba doesn't like this) that maybe sways my opinion on how I think he will do a little bit and I think that's why it would be foolish to write him off before he's even managed them in a competitive game yet.

Personally speaking with guys like Ancelotti, Mourinho & Guardiola already tied up elsewhere, I would have seriously considered going for an experienced head who could have almost 'held the fort' for the next three/four years while the Evra, Vidic, Rio, Carrick, RVP & Valencia's of their squad play out their final few years at the very top level so I could sit back and see how younger/emerging managers like Moyes, Blanc, AVB, Simeone, Martinez, de Boer, Conte & Klopp developed/continued to progress over that time before maybe going for one of them as the next long term project then.

God you are such a troll :D

Wonder if they would have looked at Guardiola if he hadn't already signed for Bayern? Can fully understand why they wouldn't want to go for Mourinho.

Klopp would have been a brilliant appointment for Man United, IMO.

This is a key period for Man United, transitional period were they need to move on a few players in a year or two, whilst develop some of the younger guys. Will Moyes be able to develop these players? Only time will tell.

I think Klopp would have been superb too. He seems to be quite settled in Dortmund though but he will surely be the next one to make a move to a so called elite club when a job comes up and the cheque is waved in front of him?

I think AVB could become a big player in a couple of years time. I really like what he's done at Spurs, what he did at Porto speaks for itself and he will have hopefully learned from the Chelsea failure too. In another two/three years time I think he could be a really good manager.

Wonder if they would have looked at Guardiola if he hadn't already signed for Bayern? Can fully understand why they wouldn't want to go for Mourinho.

Klopp would have been a brilliant appointment for Man United, IMO.

This is a key period for Man United, transitional period were they need to move on a few players in a year or two, whilst develop some of the younger guys. Will Moyes be able to develop these players? Only time will tell.

I haven't watched much German football (or any football in last year) but the article posted about klopp before the champions league final was superb, talking about when he took the team out camping in a team bonding exercise and how when certain players said they were leaving the clubs they would cry in each others arms! Although I think it sounds like he's used to being an underdog, and im not sure how this philosophy would work so well on a team like utd, or barca etc?

As for Moyes he has already started making changes in the backroom staff, on the field he has alot of big decisions to make that pretty much speak for themselves, if he gets rid of the wrong guys and replaces them with shite then he could be the biggest flop in British sporting history so he's got his work cut out! If he doesn't win the premier league this season I think he will be hounded out sharpish

I think Moyes is going to have a bit of a rough ride this season.

Man City have brought in a better manager as have Chelsea and Arsenal look like they are really going to try and push on too.

I think the transition from Ferguson to Moyes is never going to be seemless because Ferguson leaves such a legacy and he was their biggest asset last season.

It's certainly going to be interesting to see if the board have the patience to see their faith in him through if he doesn't come out fring on all cylinders.

I think Man City and Chelsea are having a bigger overhaul than Utd, if Moyes makes a couple good signings Utd will be expected to win. Think Chelsea and City's progress will take time as the two managers are going to make bigger changes than Moyes will be allowed to.

I was away but taped the game from my mutv, but in all honesty i was not surprised. From Paddy to the players everyone was pretty miserable. I have seen so many man utd preseasons, and never seen the players looks so depressed.

I think perhaps its even snobbery that this is like "...the won nothing everton manager, why is he here?

The saddest bit was Phil Neville of all people with his wee clipboard telling Partice Evra where to go. I think he knows where to go Phil, he's been winning all the time.

I think regardless of whether Fergie picked this guy or not, they clearly didn't consult the ex players, people who work at mutv, the current players and the fans most importantly and if given a choice i think he would have been pretty low down on the list if fans were to pick.

They have underestimated i feel how teams can change if they dont like the manager look at Chelsea, dislike the manager, play terrible, quite like the manager win the champions league.

I think with Mourinho back, he will leaving Moyes in his wake. This is sadly from someone has supported Utd for decades.

I fear we will be lucky to be third. :(

Screwball :lol:

Yeah Moyes and Neville are.

Shame Man Utd are stuck with non winning everton manager and the lesser talented Neville brother.

I read this thing online about how he was eventually not needed by Utd but now he is relishing he is back. Fergie didnt want Neville ages ago so him being back... :dry:

Yeah Moyes and Neville are.

Shame Man Utd are stuck with non winning everton manager and the lesser talented Neville brother.

I read this thing online about how he was eventually not needed by Utd but now he is relishing he is back. Fergie didnt want Neville ages ago so him being back... :dry:

You're a fruitcake

I know he has NO EXPERIENCE of coaching WINNERS like at Utd. What are his coaching credentials?

I cannot see them winning and thast saddens me as someone who supported Utd for proably longer than you have been alive.

I hope to fuck they win nothing. One if the scummiest clubs on the planet plus it would piss you off so I'd enjoy that :D

I thought there was a thread about not taking it personally with posters and being rude to them,

Why did you all need to resort to name calling me? A poster. It's pathetic, it is you guys that does this everytime. I am talking about Moyes NOT YOU, so stop bringing ME INTO IT.