Tribute to Jorg Albertz -German efficiency with a bang

dalton

Best memory was him winning a penalty at Ibrox as Lambert played a game of hunt the teeth lol

I was watching that game in Broughty Ferry in the company of Paul Lamberts wee sister. I jumped up when it happened and shouted some words of encouragement, not realising who was on the deck. She ran outside to call her dad (quite distressed) who was at the game. Never mind! Fond memories.

I remember him knocking a black Hibs player out with a free kick, and he had to get his tongue pulled from the back of his throat.

Anyone remember?

Or maybe it was a dream.

wonderful video, it brought back a feeling of great nostalgia watching a player who was and is my true Rangers hero. As a young guy he was the first Rangers player that I properly idolised and there's yet to be a player who has overtaken that.

Der Hammer <3

I welled up when he did a lap of honour after his last game(v Hibs I think) and was annoyed when Tugay joined in as I wanted to show my appreciation solely for Der Hammer.

I know exactly what you mean about that day. It was my first game since my old man passed away earlier that month, so I was a bit fragile anyway - I had taken my son and showed him where our old season ticket seats were in the Main Stand - but there was a wave of emotion around the Stadium when Albertz took his leave of us.

My old seat in the West Enclosure gave me the perfect view of his 30yard pen against them at New Year, and even him setting up both goals for big Bo that evening.

One of the best final ball passing players i've seen.

Some fucking size of a penalty box, young fella :pipe::000000082: