The People WhoWill Own Rangers, Will Not Make Their Move Until The End Of next

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i'm just thinking going by what you have said ED that its going to be a type of PSG/City/Monaco takeover but on a smaller scale perhaps?

Monaco comparison is almost exactly the same. big team in the lower divisions being bought by a mega rich owner. To be fair if Monaco can be bought by someone like that why not Rangers who are a much bigger club ? Ligue 1 is not a cash cow. Its definitely not out of the realms of possibility. It wouldnt take so much money from these guys to get us to clean up scottish football every year and get into the CL group stages.

Money is not the driving force for the people this guy mentioned, as I said they stood back as they will wait to see what happens to the Club, they did not want the hassle or the chance of failure in the Club coming out of our problems.

CG and his investors are the ones in it for the money and if they do their job then they deserve to get their profit. Again was told with this type of deal the real long term guys with money sit and wait until the dirty work has been done, more a pride ego thing for the people who appear later.

Money is no object especially what it takes to buy our Club as not a big amount in their eyes.

What a lot of fucking shite!

Money is no object yet they never wanted to take the club on incase it failed??

If money was no object the club to them they could support the club through the early stages so it wouldn't fail.

Your OP is flawed so really it's just pish.

Well these people did not know the club , just another business to them.

The point is that it's not a business, to anyone, and the sooner all this stuff is sorted the better. A business is where you try and make a profit, whether in the long-term or short-term. Football can hardly be categorised in that way for most clubs.

If money was no object the club to them they could support the club through the early stages so it wouldn't fair.

If money was no object the club to them they could support the club through the early stages so it wouldn't fair.

Fair comment, Don't know what you do for a living bud, but if you are in business and perhaps have dealt with people from the part of the world that the individual who told me this........well you wouldn't have perhaps come away with the comment you made, but as I said don't know what you do so can't say fro sure if you understand how certain people work in business.

Well these people did not know the club , just another business to them.

This whole scenario speakes volumes for their business acumen. Would it not make more sense from a businessman's pov to buy the club while its at it's cheapest and make money on it down the line, either by selling up later or creaming off dividends. Unless your businessmen are aware of a bonefide entry to a more lucrative league then sorry, this makes no sense at all.

Eh? The premise of the post is that people are waiting to see IF we will get out of the lower leagues. I think that's a foregone conclusion. I'm not saying that division 1 will be easy & at worst it could take 2 years to get out of that league (depends on who we can attract player wise).

Anyone wanting to run the club has to acquire over 50% of the shares and they are then required to make an offer for all the other shares (I'm not into company law but I know it's along those lines). I have no idea who currently owns the most shares. It was supposed to be Charles Green selling to the McGills guys possible.

Fair comment, Don't know what you do for a living bud, but if you are in business and perhaps have dealt with people from the part of the world that the individual who told me this........well you wouldn't have perhaps come away with the comment you made, but as I said don't know what you do so can't say fro sure if you understand how certain people work in business.

What I do is irrelevant.

If you are saying is true, they would be doing it purely for egolistical reasons which getting back Rangers to the top would be far better than them saying they own Rangers.

Also no-one will buy us to make money as there is no money to be made from Rangers. The only way you would make money by owning us is if we were to head down to England and sell up once we were in the EPL.

For everything that has went on, everything you have said could come to fruitition but I'm very sceptical.

Eh? The premise of the post is that people are waiting to see IF we will get out of the lower leagues. I think that's a foregone conclusion. I'm not saying that division 1 will be easy & at worst it could take 2 years to get out of that league (depends on who we can attract player wise).

Anyone wanting to run the club has to acquire over 50% of the shares and they are then required to make an offer for all the other shares (I'm not into company law but I know it's along those lines). I have no idea who currently owns the most shares. It was supposed to be Charles Green selling to the McGills guys possible.

If we don't make it back to the SPL in the first attempt I'd say that would be a bigger disaster than all that has went before.

What I do is irrelevant.

If you are saying is true, they would be doing it purely for egolistical reasons which getting back Rangers to the top would be far better than them saying they own Rangers.

Also no-one will buy us to make money as there is no money to be made from Rangers. The only way you would make money by owning us is if we were to head down to England and sell up once we were in the EPL.

For everything that has went on, everything you have said could come to fruitition but I'm very sceptical.

Money is not the reason it is the history and tradition, please read what I said for godsake and stop jumping in without taking a breath. With the statement you made in your first post , what you do is relevant as you are commenting on someones business views and did I say in my OP they are interested in the club for making money.

They have already been offered the club from day 1 and like all these transactions did not want to get in at the mucky work that had to be done re CG and is still going through this process. Writing the cheque was/is not a problem but losing face if the Club does not pull out of the mire. This is/was their only concern and they will have no problem writing an even bigger cheque to the people who do the groundwork.

The money it will take to buy Rangers when we are back will be minuscule in their terms, but to have stood the chance of losing face if the club hadn't been pulled round well, that means more in their world than the odd £10m. And furthermore i mentioned that the guy who I spoke with said that the type of deal that was there for us to be bought, well the real people come in once the dirty work and all the shit has been sorted and the extra cost in this means heehaw..........can you not understand this..............I have never said that these guys would plough millions into the club re players and son on as i wasn't told this.

So sorry if you cannot grasp what my OP meant, CG said from the off he was there to make money and he knew for him to make money he had to get down to the coalface and work his socks off with all the shit that entailed, that's waht he wanted to do to make his money.

This interest has been there before CG came on the scene and they never approached D&P it was a conversation that took place during a rather large investment deal with the guy I spoke with and the family concerned.

Then why invest when potential returns are greatly reduced? And at a greater cost?

Again bud, the point I made they did not want involved when our Club was at it's lowest again as I have said they did not want to be seemed to have failed and the loss of face, the conversation took place long befor CG got involved and look at the state of affairs back then.

This whole scenario speakes volumes for their business acumen. Would it not make more sense from a businessman's pov to buy the club while its at it's cheapest and make money on it down the line, either by selling up later or creaming off dividends. Unless your businessmen are aware of a bonefide entry to a more lucrative league then sorry, this makes no sense at all.

The whole point of this any money if any made from the club is equivalent to the price of a bag of chips in the overall scheme of things with them................it''s the history and tradition of this business that is Rangers.And as stated on many replies to people they were not interested in having to go through or did they have the want to go through the shit CG has had and this conversation as stated took place long before CG.

Money is not the reason it is the history and tradition, please read what I said for godsake and stop jumping in without taking a breath. With the statement you made in your first post , what you do is relevant as you are commenting on someones business views and did I say in my OP they are interested in the club for making money.

They have already been offered the club from day 1 and like all these transactions did not want to get in at the mucky work that had to be done re CG and is still going through this process. Writing the cheque was/is not a problem but losing face if the Club does not pull out of the mire. This is/was their only concern and they will have no problem writing an even bigger cheque to the people who do the groundwork.

The money it will take to buy Rangers when we are back will be minuscule in their terms, but to have stood the chance of losing face if the club hadn't been pulled round well, that means more in their world than the odd £10m. And furthermore i mentioned that the guy who I spoke with said that the type of deal that was there for us to be bought, well the real people come in once the dirty work and all the shit has been sorted and the extra cost in this means heehaw..........can you not understand this..............I have never said that theseguys would plough millions into the club re players and son on as i wasn't told this.

So sorry if you cannot grasp what my OP meant, CG said from the off he was there to make money and he knew for him to make money he had to get down to the coalface and work his socks off with all the shit that entailed, that's waht he wanted to do to make his money.

You don't seem to grasp the fact though that the club would pull out the mire easily with their money. As long as we had money we were always going to be back in the SPL.