A Call For Unity Between Fans

Buzz

A call for unity between the various fans forums  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wish for the owners and operators of this forum to develop a more healthy relationship with the other forums?

• Yes
    • No
    • This is unnecessary

That's because as we've seen, Green and Ahmad were clearly reading FF and RM.

That alone shows the power these places have, and why better fan relations between the forums can only result in a more harmonious relationship, therefore giving us more of what we want.

The forum admins get on great, I've seen them interact on Twitter, as I said before I don't get why us all being in bed with each other will give us more of what we want.

RM isn't a dictatorship, they allow people to push the RST and they also allow it to be criticised, you want to censor that for the square root of nothing.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read post #11, again.

You haven't stated your case, again.

All you've said is that no matter what the outcome of this, RM will refuse to publicly back any attempts to civilise the relationships between forums.

What difference can Admin or the owners actually make here? Do you want them to lock every thread that disagrees with their own views? Or do you want all forums to write up a list of rules that we all must stick by when talking about other forums? The more i think about it the more it sounds like a non starter straight away.

Buzz, members of the mod/admin team sit side by side with members of FF admin on pretty much all of the main unifying fans groups, including the RFWG and the RFFF.

FF and RM have worked together for the good of the club when necessary.

Individual members of RM and FF, who are not mods or admin or part of the various fans committees that work together in the Assembly, Association and Trust amongst others, are the ones who continually seek to cause ructions between the two sites.

In reality there are some things we disagree on and we can both live with that.

I understand why a lot of members of both sites have a healthy disregard (to be polite!) for each other, but we all become one at kickoff time, and we all celebrate our victories the same.

Personal abuse is something neither set of mods likes, and that is what the report functions are for. Banter, rivalry and freedom of speech is something we will continue to allow.

The forum admins get on great, I've seen them interact on Twitter, as I said before I don't get why us all being in bed with each other will give us more of what we want.

RM isn't a dictatorship, they allow people to push the RST and they also allow it to be criticised, you want to censor that for the square root of nothing.

I'm all for pushing the RST, I regularly push it. What I am against is if you go into any of the threads relating to Gail Richardson/Chris Graham, and take a long hard look at some of the posts that are made. Then ask yourself - how can we be trusted to safeguard this club from falling into the wrong hands? What can we do?

I've been on this forum for a very long time now, and I know the many posters and their various natures. This can work if enough people want it to happen. Just a bit of civility and a common ground to start a working relationship that addresses the many problems we face.

And with that, I'm off to bed. Adios.

Buzz, members of the mod/admin team sit side by side with members of FF admin on pretty much all of the main unifying fans groups, including the RFWG and the RFFF.

FF and RM have worked together for the good of the club when necessary.

Individual members of RM and FF, who are not mods or admin or part of the various fans committees that work together in the Assembly, Association and Trust amongst others, are the ones who continually seek to cause ructions between the two sites.

In reality there are some things we disagree on and we can both live with that.

I understand why a lot of members of both sites have a healthy disregard (to be polite!) for each other, but we all become one at kickoff time, and we all celebrate our victories the same.

Personal abuse is something neither set of mods likes, and that is what the report functions are for. Banter, rivalry and freedom of speech is something we will continue to allow.

Have you seen the Chris Graham thread?!?!

I think if all supporters bodies came out with an agreement to try to get along, then you'd struggle to find an RM admin who wouldn't wish them the best of luck. But the fact remains that RM is not a supporters' body in the same way as the RST, the RSA and the VB, for example.

It's a platform that could be used to influence that, as this poll is doing right now.

This whole 'RM doesn't have viewpoints' stuff is nonsense, because I've been here when RM has had viewpoints and released statements. It's just this time, nobody seems to care that we stab fellow supporters in the face.

I'm all for pushing the RST, I regularly push it. What I am against is if you go into any of the threads relating to Gail Richardson/Chris Graham, and take a long hard look at some of the posts that are made. Then ask yourself - how can we be trusted to safeguard this club from falling into the wrong hands? What can we do?

I've been on this forum for a very long time now, and I know the many posters and their various natures. This can work if enough people want it to happen. Just a bit of civility and a common ground to start a working relationship that addresses the many problems we face.

And with that, I'm off to bed. Adios.

Yea you have issues with that as you support the trust, I think you expected the thread to be pulled just because of a few comments.

Some people have a problem with the trust and Fury and it's their right to express it, the name calling we could probably do without but apart from that it's much ado about nothing.

Yea you have issues with that as you support the trust, I think you expected the thread to be pulled just because of a few comments.

Some people have a problem with the trust and Fury and it's their right to express it, the name calling we could probably do without but apart from that it's much ado about nothing.

You have to look at why people have a problem with the Trust, and for most folk, it's petty shite like "I got banned from FF for calling a fellow poster a mong" and other complete rubbish like that.

There's having a well founded opinion that's against the Trust, and there's petty shit like that. I personally don't like the way the Trust has gone, and that's why I intend to change it from within. The democratic way.

To be fair, it was him coming on calling us all wankers. Now I quite like Chris, but he was wrong this time.

Not in that thread it wasn't.

People accused the guy of only caring about getting himself on TV. Would they have preferred it if nobody had gone on TV, and Spiers had been given free reign to slaughter us?

You have to look at why people have a problem with the Trust, and for most folk, it's petty shite like "I got banned from FF for calling a fellow poster a mong" and other complete rubbish like that.

There's having a well founded opinion that's against the Trust, and there's petty shit like that. I personally don't like the way the Trust has gone, and that's why I intend to change it from within. The democratic way.

Buzz what is the response over by.

It's a busted flush, their reputation goes before them.

I don't like it or support it as the thought of fan ownership sends shivers down my spine, good luck with that.

People accused the guy of only caring about getting himself on TV. Would they have preferred it if nobody had gone on TV, and Spiers had been given free reign to slaughter us?

I was talking of the Gail thread, tho it doesn't matter which one. And yes I do appreciate him sticking up for us , something I couldn't do, which is why I like him. But what he said was wrong. Think you even said personal abuse on these forums was wrong.

There was no need for the name calling by Chris. I would urge some other blogger etc takes his place on these debates from now on.

You are asking for unity when they call you stuff like this

Quote from GhettoDefendant on FF

"Rangers Media calling for unity and leadership? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Gutter snipes, dressed as bears, acting like taigs and do nothing other than blow kisses up their own arses.

They still backing Whyte, the good guy that's misrepresented by the media?"

Sorry to bring this up but there is too many divisions but I like the idea of it but I can't see it happening :(

Excellent, I'm glad to hear that. I hope someone from the admin team will take on the baton should this be a majority vote.

We need to stop the bitter in-fighting, don't you agree?

Buzz ,you have answered most replies with some positive answers and I agree with the idea that a fans voice should be heard at boardroom level ,just not MDs .Having said that some of the pish you've taken for suggesting that we stop the infighting makes me fucking weep.Sometimes it's hard to tell the real enemies .

Gutter snipes, dressed as bears, acting like taigs and do nothing other than blow kisses up their own arses.

Sorry to bring this up but there is too many divisions but I like the idea of it but I can't see it happening :(

Haha.

I share the laughter of this typical online supporter, as RangersMedia has not called for anything.

Until the typical online supporter can form an opinion based on what they read, as opposed to who wrote it and where they read it, there will be no progress.

Sorry Buzz are you mental ? I believe RM is the best ''unified'' fans forum on the net, Quality posters, quality opinion, and noone gets barred for having an opinion.

The site owners should be damn proud of a Rangers forum like this........Outstanding.