Rangers sign McCulloch

JR

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wigan are demanding 2.5 million and not a penny less for this pedigree donkey this morning

I like Wigan, I hope they have priced Murray oot

Good - i want him nowhere near Ibrox

Great news tho I still think we will eventually get him for an over-priced fee. Our interest in him should be dropped immediatley and we should be targeting someone else. There is not a hope in hell he's worth £2.5million, I wouldn't pay £500k for him.

if hes valued at that and say they were interested in buffel (example) would we demand £5million? tbh i hope we keep buffel, i think he will play a big part next year

RANGERS have been told that they will need to fork out £2.5million for Scotland star Lee McCulloch.

Wigan today dismissed any talk of a "gentleman's agreement" that would allow the 29-year-old to return North to his boyhood favourites.

It is understood Rangers have made it abundantly clear they value Scotland star McCulloch at around £1million. But Wigan are insistent and a stand-off looks set to develop.

It had been suggested a deal between McCulloch and former JJB Stadium gaffer Paul Jewell had been brokered to allow him to quit after Premiership survival was secured.

However, with McCulloch's current contract running until 2009, a Wigan spokesman said: "No such agreement exists between McCulloch and Wigan.

"Lee went in to see Chris Hutchings half an hour after he was appointed manager the morning after our last day survival in the Premiership. Details of that conversation will remain confidential, but the bottom line is we expect Lee to be our player next season.

"Lee has two years left on the new, improved contract he signed last July and he is due here for pre-season training on June 28."

McCulloch is keen to quit Wigan and book a return ticket to Rangers for professional and family reasons, and he was gutted when Gers had a £750,000 offer for him thrown out in the January transfer window.

It was then that it had been believed former Wigan boss Jewell had reached an agreement' with the player to allow him to head home if the JJB side retained their Premierhip status.

However, the Wigan source was dismissive of Gers' valuation of a player who was signed for £750,000 six years back.

He fired: "If Rangers want things to change then they have to come up with a better offer.

"We signed Lee some six years ago and paid £750,000 at the time - albeit that Stephen McMillan was included in the deal.

"Lee has developed since then to the extent that he has played international football and been in the Premiership for two years."

----

If we value him at £1M, hopefully we wont budge

By all accounts we had an offer of £1.5m knocked back.......am i thick or something cos i don't see it at all.

We could sell Papac for £750k and Buffel for £1m and sign that dumplin for £2m....i'm thinking maybe Wattie has taken a bump to the head.

Lee McCulloch is not worth £2m, esp now he is injured.

If Rangers have that amount to spend, then lets spend it elsewhere.

Bluenose or not, I don't want McCulloch for £2m!! :unsure::blink: :angry2:

For £1.5million we could of had Atletico Madrid's midfielder Luciano Galletti who is on his way to Olympiakos. This guy is quality. Just shows you how ridiculous playing in the EPL is.

surely he can envoke the webster clause given how long he has been at the club?

Ssshhh dont give Bain and Smith ideas. I dont want the clown near Ibrox.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...tic/6242590.stm

McCulloch closer to Rangers move

Lee McCulloch in action for Wigan

Lee McCulloch has expressed an interest in a move to Ibrox

Rangers and Wigan Athletic have moved closer to agreeing the transfer of Scotland international Lee McCulloch to the Scottish Premier League club.

Talks are taking place between the clubs about the 28-year-old forward, BBC Sport understands.

Rangers had a £750,000 offer for the player rejected by the English Premier League outfit in January.

But McCulloch recently told BBC Sport he would relish the opportunity to move to the Glasgow club.

McCulloch, who joined Wigan from Motherwell in 2001, is under contract to the Latics until 2009.

I can't believe the negativity n this board.

McCulloch will be a good signing for us, he's performed at a high standard for the last two Seasons in a far better league than ours.

I for one think 1.5 million is a good price.

You all moan about non Rangers men with no heart then we go after a team of them and then you moan about the lack of quality they possess.

Rememeber what Walter has said, a team of Scotsman with a couple of quality foreigners.

It's plain to see he's employing the 9 in a row stratgey all over again.

McCulloch will be a good signing for us, he's performed at a high standard for the last two Seasons in a far better league than ours.

You all moan about non Rangers men with no heart then we go after a team of them and then you moan about the lack of quality they possess.

Rememeber what Walter has said, a team of Scotsman with a couple of quality foreigners.

(tu)

well looks like the only hurdle in this pathetic transfer has been overcome and now looks like McCulloch will be on his way to Ibrox!!!

Rangers and Wigan Athletic have moved closer to agreeing the transfer of Scotland international Lee McCulloch to the Scottish Premier League club.

Talks are taking place between the clubs about the 28-year-old forward, BBC Sport understands.

Rangers had a £750,000 offer for the player rejected by the English Premier League outfit in January.

But McCulloch recently told BBC Sport he would relish the opportunity to move to the Glasgow club.

McCulloch, who joined Wigan from Motherwell in 2001, is under contract to the Latics until 2009.

<_< :angry2:

well looks like the only hurdle in this pathetic transfer has been overcome and now looks like McCulloch will be on his way to Ibrox!!!

<_< :angry2:

AT LEAST he's a big bluenose bastard who hates the scum!

Speaking to him in a bar in Motherwell (Starka) a few months ago, and he is one of the biggest bluenoses I've ever met. Lets hope me makes up for the lack of ability with loads of effort.

Sorry about the negativity mate but i just dont rate the guy and think its a waste of money.