Rangers sign McCulloch

JR

yeh i knew it was posted matey, i poasted it as a seperate thread then they chucked it in here then i noticed it had already been posted, sorry :P:craphead:

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh i knew it was posted matey, i poasted it as a seperate thread then they chucked it in here then i noticed it had already been posted, sorry :P:craphead:

Haha! no worries bud (tu)

I can't believe the negativity n this board.

McCulloch will be a good signing for us, he's performed at a high standard for the last two Seasons in a far better league than ours.

I for one think 1.5 million is a good price.

You all moan about non Rangers men with no heart then we go after a team of them and then you moan about the lack of quality they possess.

Rememeber what Walter has said, a team of Scotsman with a couple of quality foreigners.

It's plain to see he's employing the 9 in a row stratgey all over again.

Sorry about the negativity mate but i just dont rate the guy and think its a waste of money.

if walter rates him thats good enough for me he must have some qualities if walter wants him

I can't believe the negativity n this board.

McCulloch will be a good signing for us, he's performed at a high standard for the last two Seasons in a far better league than ours.

I for one think 1.5 million is a good price.

You all moan about non Rangers men with no heart then we go after a team of them and then you moan about the lack of quality they possess.

Rememeber what Walter has said, a team of Scotsman with a couple of quality foreigners.

It's plain to see he's employing the 9 in a row stratgey all over again.

Sorry about the negativity mate but i just dont rate the guy and think its a waste of money.

if walter rates him thats good enough for me he must have some qualities if walter wants him

Thats whats I was thinking. He has worked with him at Scotland and must see something... but I have never seen it on the pitch!

well looks like the only hurdle in this pathetic transfer has been overcome and now looks like McCulloch will be on his way to Ibrox!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...tic/6242590.stm

Rangers and Wigan Athletic have moved closer to agreeing the transfer of Scotland international Lee McCulloch to the Scottish Premier League club.

Talks are taking place between the clubs about the 28-year-old forward, BBC Sport understands.

Rangers had a £750,000 offer for the player rejected by the English Premier League outfit in January.

But McCulloch recently told BBC Sport he would relish the opportunity to move to the Glasgow club.

McCulloch, who joined Wigan from Motherwell in 2001, is under contract to the Latics until 2009.

<_< :angry2:

AT LEAST he's a big bluenose bastard who hates the scum!

Speaking to him in a bar in Motherwell (Starka) a few months ago, and he is one of the biggest bluenoses I've ever met. Lets hope me makes up for the lack of ability with loads of effort.

It's obvious Walter really wants this guy,so I'm wondering why so many fans are questioning this move?I say lets see how he plays for us before criticizing

the guy.

It's alot of money to pay for cover...put it this way ,if we get all who we're looking for our team will look like

Mac

Hutton

Cuellar

Webster

????????

Foubert

Fergie

Thomson

Beasley

D'archeville

Boyd

Bench being

Hemdani

McCulloch

Naismith

Buffel

Weir

Papac

Brown

Quotes from 2006

Boss Paul Jewell added: "Lee is one of my most consistent performers and he sums up what this club is all about." Jewell added: "He has talent in abundance, a terrific attitude and commitment and is the model pro. "He can play in midfield or as a striker and is a player who is extremely valued here."

McCulloch made 211 appearances, scoring 41 goals in the process.

Would be delighted to get him.

I think there will be a few eating humble pie over McCulloch - why because quite simply I trust Walter's judgement.

Remember Davie Weir....

I to trust his judgement and I honeslty hope I am wrong about him, but I am not impressed by McCulloch... far from it.

It's alot of money to pay for cover...put it this way ,if we get all who we're looking for our team will look like

Mac

Hutton

Cuellar

Webster

????????

Foubert

Fergie

Thomson

Beasley

D'archeville

Boyd

Bench being

Hemdani

McCulloch

Naismith

Buffel

Weir

Papac

Brown

I'm fecked but I'm sure we have Alan Gow now at RFC........

Mac

Hutton

Cuellar

Webster

????????

Foubert

Fergie

Thomson

Beasley

D'archeville

Boyd

Bench being

Hemdani

McCulloch

Naismith

Buffel

Weir

Papac

Brown

I'm fecked but I'm sure we have Alan Gow now at RFC........

Who do you drop then

I think we can probably safely say that McCulloch will be coming to Rangers???

If this is the case then he'll get my support.

Also read something this morning that Wigan will agree to the sale if we take Webster (can't remember where I read it), not really a problem for WS as he wants him anyway.

Edit: It was in the BBC gossip column today.

Also read something this morning that Wigan will agree to the sale if we take Webster (can't remember where I read it), not really a problem for WS as he wants him anyway.

A bit of a slap in the face for Webster? Reads like " we don,t want to lose McCulloch but if you take Webster off our hands you can have him"

Although I am not a great Webster fan I know who I would choose for the team!

A bit of a slap in the face for Webster? Reads like " we don,t want to lose McCulloch but if you take Webster off our hands you can have him"

Although I am not a great Webster fan I know who I would choose for the team!

I've found the article even though it doesn't say much, it looks like Wigan wants to sell him now and not wait for the compensation wrangle to be sorted.

MAC CASH FOR GERS

By Alan Nixon 27/06/2007

More Football

WIGAN are ready to sell striker Lee McCulloch to Rangers - as long as the Glasgow giants agree to take centre-half Andy Webster too.

Chairman Dave Whelan accepted a £2million offer for Scotland forward McCulloch after months of haggling, but he wants a guarantee that Webster moves for £500,000.

Webster has been on loan with Gers after a disastrous move to Wigan. But the Ibrox club are yet to commit to taking him back to the SPL full time.

And boss Walter Smith needs to come up with a deal Wigan can accept.

drop buffy for the gowser,and replace ??????? with stevie smith :)

The reason the question marks are there is because there is question marks over whether Smith will play again.

Rumour is he won't and i don't think he's at pre-season training today so that kind of reinforces the rumour.

drop buffy for the gowser,and replace ??????? with stevie smith :)

The reason the question marks are there is because there is question marks over whether Smith will play again.

Rumour is he won't and i don't think he's at pre-season training today so that kind of reinforces the rumour.

he is injured is he not?????

Scottish giants Rangers have reportedly agreed to pay Wigan £2.2million for striker Lee McCulloch.

The news brings an end to months of haggling between the two clubs. The Glasgow giants had two smaller offers for the Scotland international turned down earlier in the summer.

However, the Bellshill-born forward now appears destined to join the club he supported as a boy after Rangers' third approach was accepted by Latics chairman Dave Whelan.

Gers boss Walter Smith tried to take McCulloch to Ibrox in the January transfer window, but Wigan rejected a £750,000 bid, described as 'derisory' by former manager Paul Jewell.

McCulloch joined Wigan from Motherwell in March 2001 for £700,000 and made over 200 Premiership appearances for the club, scoring 44 league goals.

http://www.clubcall.com/index.jsp?storyID=320521

If true i think it's a huge waste of 2.2mill

Also heard they want us to pay for webster too =l