Good Article By Graham Spiers On Daly

Broxi

John DC Gow@JohnDCGow29m

@GrahamSpiers Graham, how can you say Rangers are a new club but it cannot escape its past? Are you just going with whatever is negative?

Graham Spiers@GrahamSpiers17m

@MitchellenMan @JohnDCGow @AMcKellar89 Chaps don't get hung up on the old club/new club debate. The historic narrative of 'Rangers' remains.

John DC Gow@JohnDCGow15m

@GrahamSpiers Is the current Rangers a new club or the same club?

Graham Spiers@GrahamSpiers9m

@JohnDCGow I take the compassionate Uefa position: whether technically a new club or not, the historic narrative stays. You agree?

John DC Gow@JohnDCGow5m

@GrahamSpiers The SFA and UEFA position is that its the exact same football club. In your view is it the same football club or a new one?

God it's like asking fury for an answer :7325:

The Good Old Tuesday Glasgow Banter shines through yet again.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

once again this fuckin pussy can only write about religion and bigotry,he can't write about the game because he knows absolutely fuck all about it.stick to the national skipping rope finals, you big fuckin jessie

This subject bursts my baws tbh.

How can you have a signing policy where you dont sign catholics, yet still manage to have catholics at the club throughout history?

Surely you eitha do or dont sign them?

A good article, SERIOUSLY?

He fails to mention the fact we've actually tried to sign Republic of Ireland players in the past. The reason the deals didn't go through was because the player was worried about the backlash they would receive from their own people, back in Oirland. He also fails to mention we have a Republic of Ireland youth player.

A good article, SERIOUSLY?

He fails to mention the fact we've actually tried to sign Republic of Ireland players in the past. The reason the deals didn't go through was because the players were worried about the backlash they would receive from their own people, back in Oirland. He also fails to mention we have a Republic of Ireland youth player.

Spiers is as vile as ever and the bitterness still pours out of him in every article.

Speirs said on SuperScoreboard that Rangers, in his opinion, were a new Club. How does that fit in to the article above in terms of the Clubs history.

For those that might have forgotten, Spiers also had us guilty of the FTTT before the result was even in. He compaired Rangers use of EBTs to financial doping 'paramount to match fixing'. He also said the Tribunal went against us and he was surprised to see Rangers fans celebrate it as a victory. Total arsehole of a man.

There that's fixed it. A cunt is useful where as an Arsehole is full of shit.

This isn't simply rangers not signing a catholic from the Republic of Ireland but also that due to the issues they and their families would get in their own country being the real problem. It is nearly 30 years since souness signed mo Johnston and we have moved on as a club. IMO it is quite obvious the real problem which isnt helped in this country by separating kids from attending the same schools because of religion!!!

Alli can see is Britney apparently greeting about the media hype on Daly being an ROI catholic by writing an article about Daly being an ROI catholic.

It's just being snide. There have always been plenty Rangers fans not interested in bigotry.

This article reminds me of Lemmons fly digs which usually start with him saying "Im not saying .........But"

And going on to say exactly what he's not saying.

Bellends the both of them

Sorry but I've read the article again and stick by what I said. If this was anybody else writing this it would be a different story. It's not 100% perfect and yes it brings the issue up again but actually defending it this time.

"Has the fuss been justified... no"

"And their frustration is perfectly justified."

"There is a new generation of Rangers supporter which is pretty impressive."

"The vast majority of Rangers fans are utterly unconcerned by their new striker's background. It is a non-issue to them."

"the bigots among the club's support-base are well and truly being left behind. They are done for, they are finished"

"Good on this player, I say. I hope Jon Daly is a thorough success as a Rangers player."

The only thing I can see a reason for people to complain a little is because he stresses the "old policy" a lot but let's face it, whether Rangers fans believe/admit it ever existed, most neutrals/English people think about it when they think of Rangers or the Old Firm and if they read this article then it would come across as positive one of Rangers to them.

I try to avoid 'new club' - hurtful for guys like you. But 'refounded', a bit like Fiorentina, also dissolved. History adopted.

What a fucking prick! If you're reading this spiers, the club is SEPERATE from the business, got that? or are you too fucking dense to get that into your pea sized brain!

What fuss?

Impressive isn't the word I'd use...

"the bigots among the club's support-base are well and truly being left behind. They are done for, they are finished"

Define "bigot"

The only thing I can see a reason for people to complain a little is because he stresses the "old policy" a lot but let's face it, whether Rangers fans believe/admit it ever existed, most neutrals/English people think about it when they think of Rangers or the Old Firm and if they read this article then it would come across as positive one of Rangers to them.

Absolute nonsense!

What fuss?

Impressive isn't the word I'd use...

Define "bigot"

Absolute nonsense!

Fuss from Celtic fans for one. They keep going on about it, I know for a fact some desperately look on this forum trying to find someone saying something bad against the signing.

You don't think neutrals or English people have any sort of impression that we have or have ever had any bigoted views at all?

Alli can see is Britney apparently greeting about the media hype on Daly being an ROI catholic by writing an article about Daly being an ROI catholic.

It's just being snide. There have always been plenty Rangers fans not interested in bigotry.

This article reminds me of Lemmons fly digs which usually start with him saying "Im not saying .........But"

And going on to say exactly what he's not saying.

Bellends the both of them

Sorry but I've read the article again and stick by what I said. If this was anybody else writing this it would be a different story. It's not 100% perfect and yes it brings the issue up again but actually defending it this time.

"And their frustration is perfectly justified."

"The vast majority of Rangers fans are utterly unconcerned by their new striker's background. It is a non-issue to them."

"Good on this player, I say. I hope Jon Daly is a thorough success as a Rangers player."

Sorry but Guardian sums it up for me

If Speirs believed it to be a non-issue amongst Rangers support, why write an entire article about a non-issue? It makes entirely no sense, surely?

He's simply keeping the narrative going by discussing it, stirring it up and getting in the usual digs. Sorry but I don't see this as a good article at all.