McMurdo's take

thehost

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spot on. If we accept fast tracking to an SPL2, then I'm done with the team I've supported through thick and thin for nearly 40 years. For me the team that does that wont be Rangers, Rangers will have died in my eyes.

Never never never will i accept anyone saying that fuck sake man get a grip i have been supporting this club for fifty years i dont want fast tracked but heh once a Ger always a Ger.

Nothing at all to indicate that Rangers would be invited to or accept an invite to SPL2. I suspect SPL2 won't happen anyway because full reconstruction will go ahead but who knows with these numpties.

I would be very surprised if anyone at the club could make a convincing case to the fans for accepting any such hypothetical invite. I would certainly be against it as things stand.

If the reasons for wanting Green back are all as tenuous as this then his cheerleaders are struggling badly. We can move forward as a club without Charles Green. He's done his bit, he'll make money . Purely and simply we don't need him. Certainly not to quash an SPL2 invite that will probably never come.

who would you have in CG' s place, and why?

who would you have in CG' s place, and why?

A properly headhunted CEO with a good track record in sports/football who can move the club forward and remodel it from top to bottom.

exactly. Since the day green left we have been kept in the dark and fed nothing but shite.

You're nearly right there Gogzy ( I would have stopped at nothin ) . But ,yes, other than the odd club statement we've been kept in the dark. At least CG went round supporters clubs, got a sense of our feelings and kept us in the loop.

Are you comfortable with that cush given the revelation today about the prize money ?

I have been on a golf course all day so know nothing 're any prize money. Though much of what he said was bravado I felt proud that he was our CEO. He worked hard and stood up for the club.

Yes it wasn't so much it was negotiated away - it was more the point that someone alluded to in an earlier thread that CG then claimed they had stolen the money from us.

We were blackmailed into giving up that cash mate. I class that the same as theft. I see the point you are making though.

Yes it wasn't so much it was negotiated away - it was more the point that someone alluded to in an earlier thread that CG then claimed they had stolen the money from us.

Hmmm - I would like to see what that quote referred to

We are owed money for so many different things its hard to keep up

In reality they did steal the money though if it was a case of money (and illegal transfer ban) or no licence to play

Green was in a corner with very little time to manoeuvre

He may well be already in place as he also has quite an investment to protect

You mean Mather? If you do then that's not a long term solution for me. No relevant experience. I'm sure he's a decent enough guy but we need more in my opinion.

Dart he had to give up the money, or we would not have been allowed our licence to play.

Hmmm - I would like to see what that quote referred to

We are owed money for so many different things its hard to keep up

In reality they did steal the money though if it was a case of money (and illegal transfer ban) or no licence to play

Green was in a corner with very little time to manoeuvre

I mentioned this yesterday in the article Deafening Silence - the transfer embargo which Lord Glennie ruled as unlawful was also imposed during the course of that meeting.

Dart he had to give up the money, or we would not have been allowed our licence to play.

I have little doubt about that M. And while Swally is right - technically they have withheld money due to us - I dont think thats quite how most of interpreted it from CG's subsequent comments.

I mentioned this yesterday in the article Deafening Silence - the transfer embargo which Lord Glennie ruled as unlawful was also imposed during the course of that meeting.

So Green (and Ally) was boxed into a corner so none of these events should adversely affect his return

We are just left with the paki remark again

So Green (and Ally) was boxed into a corner so none of these events should adversely affect his return

We are just left with the paki remark again

Not quite as simple as that for me at any rate Swally - Id need to go and have a look at the context of the "they stole our money" assertion.

CG also told us everyone at the club was pulling together for the good of Rangers. Events have shown that not to be the case.

Not quite as simple as that for me at any rate Swally - Id need to go and have a look at the context of the "they stole our money" assertion.

CG also told us everyone at the club was pulling together for the good of Rangers. Events have shown that not to be the case.

Getting a licence to play at the 11th hour was no mean feat

I would be interested in the context of that quote as well

I never had the impression that CG was one of the people NOT pulling for Rangers.In fact the exact opposite.