McMurdo's take

thehost

At present, Rangers will play the next two seasons in SFL2 then SFL1/SPL2.

Option 2 is a promotion campaign in SPL2, then SPL1.

Choosing Option 1 would cost the club at least £2million.

The rationale of some fans is that this would be acceptable because it would hurt other clubs too and damage Scottish football.

Heard of the saying "cutting off your nose to spite your face"?

Bottom line is, if the board get the choice, they'll take the option that makes most sense for the future of the club as regards attendances, TV money, sponsorship, hospitality, prestige and so on.

If that means missing out on a season of playing Arbroath, Forfar, Brechin and Cowdenbeath, so be it.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The rationale of some fans is that this would be acceptable because it would hurt other clubs too and damage Scottish football.

Bottom line is, if the board get the choice, they'll take the option that makes most sense for the future of the club as regards attendances, TV money, sponsorship, hospitality, prestige and so on.

If that means missing out on a season of playing Arbroath, Forfar, Brechin and Cowdenbeath, so be it.

Sell out

Principles are worth more, fuck the rest of Scottish football

Iv got to agree with this.

Posters start to lose any credibility of values etc when they want the demise of other clubs.

Iv got to agree with this.

Posters start to lose any credibility of values etc when they want the demise of other clubs.

Likewise posters lose credibility in my eyes when they totally ignore the role Scottish football had in our downfall and are happy to forget about it

You guys would fit in nicely with Walter Smith and co in the boardroom

Back to being all dignified

Surely the directors of our club have a responsibility to the shareholders?

I think the red mist is clouding a lot of people's judgement.

If the opportunity arises then I think we should take it.

the opportunity won't arise .ive been told by a director of an spl club that there will be no invitation to rangers in any form of reconstruction.so the scenario painted will not occur and we can make our way through the leagues.also ,charles green vowed at a meeting in the members lounge last year that he would never work with the spl and would resign if the board and supporters decided to take up any invitation to join .

Scottish football (and RFC within it) has been blighted by short-termism for as long as I can remember (and probably a lot longer).

All are only concerned about survivng another day. Sporting integrity is no longer an option.

We can take the lead by telling them to ram any invitation.

Maybe all the websites should do polls to test fans opinions on if we should accept an invite or not.

Im really not interested in getting caught up in the politics within the Rangers supports different factions.In all honesty the poster is correct we need a man like Green (preferably Charles)to fight our corner.For too long we have sat and taken insults without reply.Van hoydonk the latest.Also no fast tracking to suit other clubs agendas if some of them sink so be it.

All this reconstruction fuckup because 2 fuckwits are running the game in Scotland. Running it into the ground that is.

They've had a whole season, where they've seen the destruction and did nothing about it, then panic set in and they replied with bribery and threats. A whole season wasted in NOT getting sponsors and the only TV deal is from their beloved BBC. Yes, these 2 have made an absolute mess of a situation which they created. Now with the panic, comes a shady deal to bring in the Knight on a white charger to save their skins. The Rangers pound has never been so important, something they ignored last year.

So, after giving a lot of thought to the proposition of a fast track, my answer is a very big NO.

They fast tracked us out of the SPL and almost out of everything last summer, we didn't like fast tracks then so why should we accept fast tracks now. The stigma of this fast track would be with us for years to come and this is one legacy that this bear will not allow to be inherited by the bears of the future.

Likewise posters lose credibility in my eyes when they totally ignore the role Scottish football had in our downfall and are happy to forget about it

You guys would fit in nicely with Walter Smith and co in the boardroom

Back to being all dignified

CW and HMRC were the main instigators.

Yes the SPL board bottled it and put the vote to the clubs who democratically voted us down.

I don't have an issue with us getting the same option from our club where we get to decide.

If the club puts it to us supporters and the majority say yes to SPL1 or 2, will you accept that decision?

CW and HMRC were the main instigators.

Yes the SPL board bottled it and put the vote to the clubs who democratically voted us down.

I don't have an issue with us getting the same option from our club where we get to decide.

If the club puts it to us supporters and the majority say yes to SPL1 or 2, will you accept that decision?

Ill accept it as the club are forever doing things I disagree strongly with, it doesn't mean I have to like or agree with it

For what it's worth I think the club would jump at a fast track option because they have been gutless bastards for about 30 years now with the exception of the Green era

I'm not for accepting any offers of invitations into any real, dreamed-up or imaginary league.

I thought we were going to work our way back to the top using, at least, a larger % of our youths. Now, with this arse-fucked stupid idea, we could be getting set up by the very scum that wants to humiliate us at every turn.

What exactly happens to the team that we will take the place of? Are they going to just lay down and give their place to Rangers, having done no wrong, or is this just a set-up.

The only thing we have is to keep our integrity, especially after bleating on about it all season. What happens if we accept the offer, the club we replace then fights it in court and wins?

We'd be humiliated once again and lost something that can't be taken away from us, at the moment any way, our integrity.

We'd be back to square one, with no honour, which is not something to be given up lightly, even though it is Scottish Football.

Ill accept it as the club are forever doing things I disagree strongly with, it doesn't mean I have to like or agree with it

For what it's worth I think the club would jump at a fast track option because they have been gutless bastards for about 30 years now with the exception of the Green era

Iv also got to agree with ronniemca in that I don't think an invite will happen.

As a support, we should vehemently oppose ANY attempts by the SPL/SFA to fast track the club through the divisions. We as a support were vociferous enough last year about being put into Div3 as we KNEW the stick we would have had to endure from the dark side if we were seen to have capitulated regarding being put into Div3. Can anyone not see how this proposed inclusion of us into SPL2 would be viewed and disseminated in the "friendly" press here in Scotland or by the sellick mob? It would give them ammunition against us for years. So no to fast track SPL2 or wherever the corrupt cabal now want to position us. Fuck them all, we can get through these divisions without these fuckers involvement thank you.

Spot on. If we accept fast tracking to an SPL2, then I'm done with the team I've supported through thick and thin for nearly 40 years. For me the team that does that wont be Rangers, Rangers will have died in my eyes.

I'm not for accepting any offers of invitations into any real, dreamed-up or imaginary league.

I thought we were going to work our way back to the top using, at least, a larger % of our youths. Now, with this arse-fucked stupid idea, we could be getting set up by the very scum that wants to humiliate us at every turn.

1. The money we do have isn't going towards the youth system we're buying in players again.

2. We have no vote, no say, in future league reconstruction. If the format is changed we'll just need to accept it.

3. The integrity or Rangers only matters to us fans. Many other Clubs have already decided we have no integrity, we're cheats, we're a diffirent Club, etc. NOTHING is ever going to change their mind including the amount of time we spend in the lower leagues.

Hmmmmmmmmm

I wonder...

Yeah i know . . . . i'd probably weaken after a while and come back after all, but it would take a while, and my feelings for the club would never be the same.

1. The money we do have isn't going towards the youth system we're buying in players again.

2. We have no vote, no say, in future league reconstruction. If the format is changed we'll just need to accept it.

3. The integrity or Rangers only matters to us fans. Many other Clubs have already decided we have no integrity, we're cheats, we're a diffirent Club, etc. NOTHING is ever going to change their mind including the amount of time we spend in the lower leagues.

I know we don't have a vote, and things may well change, but this offer of skipping leagues in not up for a vote, especially as all we need to do is reject it, not just accept it.

That's just my view, nobody can predict the future, but I'm very suspicious of this.

I find it very hard to believe in any notion of any sort of a so-called fast tracking to SPL2. I appreciate there are probably a few desparate clubs out there who need to improve their finances but I find it hard to believe they would swallow their wretched so-called sporting integrity pride having acted against Rangers last year to open a door up to a faster route to the SPL. The hornets nest that would open up would be massive. And it does not seem to me that club chairmen have the balls for that sort of move even if they were desparate.

That said, if club Chairmen become convinced that Scottish football leagues rebrand themselves into leagues - eg Scottish Professional Football Leagues - where 2 of them are for professional football clubs with better distribution of money to those clubs then an invitation on that basis might be enough to convince them that sporting necessity overtakes sporting integrity. But I still can't see that happening.

If, for some reason, a notion of moving to a SPFL set-up arose, Charles Green had made it clear that any return to the SPL would not be with him at the helm as CEO and that he would put any such proposition to the Supporters. He's no longer CEO but I firmly believe his commitment to openly consult Supporters is absolutely correct. So if the notion does arise then the Board is going to have to have the balls to put a Rangers view to Supporters, to consult properly, and to listen carefully. I hope the Board has the wherewithal to act as a Rangers Board should do. But in all honesty I cannot see any notion of an invite to a newly branded SPFL league set up - we will be working our ticket back to the top via SFL2 then 1 (or whatever it is to be called).

The other dimension in all of this that I do not know enough about is TV/Media rights. My recollection is that part of the 'deal' that found ourselves able to play but in Div 3 was that the SPL has financial benefit from Rangers games being televised. I'd understood this was a 3 year arrangement (but this may not be correct). We're one year into that. It's clear some Rangers games will be televised next season so that's year 2. But I recall Charles had made it clear that when the deal was over the SPL would not gain access to any of Rangers TV rights. Assuming the Board has not changed its mind on this and that the clock is ticking quietly away on this and with Rangers then able to cut whatever media deals it wants to on an independent basis, the longer term desparation for SPL/SFL clubs may be to somehow get Rangers back into the fold or risk sizable and permanent reductions in media revenue if Rangers were able to go its own way on media deals. I suppose media rights and the revenues that flow from them will be a factor of note with club chairmen in deciding if some sort of SPFL set up is to be created.

Watching this space as they say...............and expecting clear statements from the Rangers Board to whatever emerges from the anarchic league reconstruction talks that are swirling about.

Mc murdo is a bit of a fan dan in my opinion and inconsistent, he bemoans leaks but uses his leaks as if they are the only ones without question......stopped taking on board his scribbles.

Nothing at all to indicate that Rangers would be invited to or accept an invite to SPL2. I suspect SPL2 won't happen anyway because full reconstruction will go ahead but who knows with these numpties.

I would be very surprised if anyone at the club could make a convincing case to the fans for accepting any such hypothetical invite. I would certainly be against it as things stand.

If the reasons for wanting Green back are all as tenuous as this then his cheerleaders are struggling badly. We can move forward as a club without Charles Green. He's done his bit, he'll make money . Purely and simply we don't need him. Certainly not to quash an SPL2 invite that will probably never come.