McMurdo's take

thehost

Who have we bought since going into the 3rd division? They have all been Free Transfers apart from David Tempelton.

Look at the wages we're going to be spending. We've brought in an entire first-team. Ally's just buying in the finished article and we'll have more money to do that in the SPL.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two years out of the top tier, perhaps.

Three years out is just masochism.

Dress it up all you like, taking the bribe of SPL2 membership is a surrender of principles that this Bear just won't stomach. I will not be purchasing a Season Ticket for next term if we accept Lawwell's 30 pieces of silver.

It's not masochism it's the right thing. We won't have European football any sooner anyway so who cares - let the SPL die while we do the right thing and work our way back to the top

(tu)

How the fuck can every Rangers fan not think the same? Why any Rangers fan would want to be fast tracked in SPL 2 just because it is better for them i will never know.

We will be. We don't need any fast tracking just to save the SPL's arse.

Us being fast-tracked will have nothing to do with the rest of the SPL. The Club will look at the benefits for Rangers and make a decision based on that. Fast-tracking means more money and will allow McCoist to bring in and keep hold of better players.

Look at the wages we're going to be spending. We've brought in an entire first-team. Ally's just buying in the finished article and we'll have more money to do that in the SPL.

Your willing to take a bribe from the SPL. It's not going to benefit Rangers. It's going to benefit the cunts that voted Rangers out the league and some even wanted them kicked out of football altogether.

Rangers in SPL2 is going to benefit these cretins financially Why would any Rangers fan want this after everything that has happened?

I think we would all o well to remember that it was the dignified silence that got us into this mess in the first place. Indeed a complete dereliction of duty by all concerned. We should all be very, very concerned that the old guard has resurfaced and seemingly intent in following those well worn footsteps to servitude. Not in my name!

Us being fast-tracked will have nothing to do with the rest of the SPL. The Club will look at the benefits for Rangers and make a decision based on that. Fast-tracking means more money and will allow McCoist to bring in and keep hold of better players.

What alot of shite.

I honestly feel the SPL 2 argument may well be a moot point soon anyway. I fully expect the SFL clubs that voted "No" to reconsider their position and enough of them to overturn their votes to allow the cabal to push thru their plans.

How much more money are we talking? 150 grand a year? Hardly Epl cash

(tu)

It will benefit the rest of the SPL more than it will us. Our fans are still coming can't say the same for the rest. Our season ticket sales are still the same in the 3rd division as they were in the SPL a couple of years ago.

So how is 300k or whatever it is going to benefit us?

If there is a fast track option for Rangers then it can be nigh on guaranteed that we'll need to sweeten the deal ,,, probably financially in some way, there will be no benefit for us whatsoever (what the right hand giveth the left hand taketh away and all that kinda stuff). I was also lead to believe that one of the main reasons for us going to the third division was to give us the chance to bring through our own young players, let them find their feet and progress through the leagues and gain experience. It was supposed to stop having to bring in players on higher wages, some who would spend their whole time at the club parked on the bench and then being allowed to leave for next to nothing - we need minimum outlay and maximum return, we'll only get that if we bring through our own players.

They tried to kill our club and now that they're in the shit they need us to bail them out but as far as Im concerned that answer is NO. I think the chairman and his board will make a big mistake if they accept any shortcuts back to the top as we have to rebuild from the bottom up so that we never ever find ourselves in a weak and vulnerable position again. The cabal thought they had killed us off but they did not realise how strong a beating heart that Rangers FC has got, THAT BEATING HEART IS THE FANS OF THIS GREAT CLUB and our answer must be NO SURRENDER.

Not a bad article but bill lost all credibility with both his love in with Alex Thomson and the way he responded and reacted to the critisim that came his way as a result....

We all make mistakes Kev .I agree with every word of this and I believe he gets to the core of our problems at the minute .I personally want Green back at any cost or we are going to be going down the road of dignified silence shite again and cave in to all our enemies .

I preferred his pevious one on this topic Host - Chasing the Cabal Pound.

But I wholeheartedly agree - if they took the fast track option I would be ashamed.

This blog could explain certain groups being active within forums!! and certain Bloggers also.

I apologise if this post comes across as hard to fathom , as a few have told me this today.

If there is a fast track option for Rangers then it can be nigh on guaranteed that we'll need to sweeten the deal ,,, probably financially in some way, there will be no benefit for us whatsoever (what the right hand giveth the left hand taketh away and all that kinda stuff). I was also lead to believe that one of the main reasons for us going to the third division was to give us the chance to bring through our own young players, let them find their feet and progress through the leagues and gain experience. It was supposed to stop having to bring in players on higher wages, some who would spend their whole time at the club parked on the bench and then being allowed to leave for next to nothing - we need minimum outlay and maximum return, we'll only get that if we bring through our own players.

A very good post bud, well to these eyes anyway :thumbup:

The Board know that the fans want to go through the various divisions to get back to whatever the top league is at that time. They can't just accept this invite of indeed it comes our way.

If they do then the last month has been all about getting ready to accept some sort of invite.