New Server / Performance Mode Update

bluepeter

Just to keep you informed, we're in the process of organising a server change and some other updates that should mean the site will run a lot smoother. Hopefully we'll see the end of Performance Mode for a while as well.

Unfortunately, these things take time, so it won't happen overnight. I don't want to be too specific regarding dates, but we hope to be on the new server within two weeks (tu)

Cheers for the update, and the work too.

Are you having trouble administering/configuring it remotely? That can be a right bugger, from experience.

Also, is it possible to have little windows perhaps bi-daily to allow PM checking and replies? Just curious about that possible flexibility.

Cheers, BP.

Cheers for the update, and the work too.

Are you having trouble administering/configuring it remotely? That can be a right bugger, from experience.

Also, is it possible to have little windows perhaps bi-daily to allow PM checking and replies? Just curious about that possible flexibility.

Cheers, BP.

It's more to do with availability of the new server - when we can get it and the time it then takes to transfer to it.

The problems with having regular windows of non-Performance Mode is that we'd need to tell people when they are, which would inevitably lead to a spike in activity at those times, which is what's causing the problems in the first place.

I'm keeping an eye on the server load, I'll try to take it off sometimes and see how it goes, but can't guarantee when that will be.

It's more to do with availability of the new server - when we can get it and the time it then takes to transfer to it.

The problems with having regular windows of non-Performance Mode is that we'd need to tell people when they are, which would inevitably lead to a spike in activity at those times, which is what's causing the problems in the first place.

I'm keeping an eye on the server load, I'll try to take it off sometimes and see how it goes, but can't guarantee when that will be.

Good point about the potential spike.

I hadn't considered that bit.

Cheers for the info. (tu)