Leggoland or McMurdo

To Blog or Not To Blog, that is THE question.

Some of the blogs are great, some are terrible. It's not so long ago on this forum that if you didn't (religiously?) follow the views of the poster you got labeled something quite horrible from the east end of Glasgow.

The problem with some of the bloggers is that the readers have long memories (for example: McMurdo's posts about a love in with Thommo ergo he is the enemy for ever).

If you write an article on an emotive subject (and the World's most successful football club is certainly emotive!) you should expect emotional responses; not always the way you wish either. If you can't handle the response in a sensible way; don't write it in the first place!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What can I say...I like the guy's style of delivery. (At least he understands the use of paragraphs BP9)

PS do you not think BP9 you have a tendency to overuse that emoticon ? I may start a campaign to have it removed - then you will be rubber ducked...

Not knowing how paragraphs work is another reason I am not a blogger!

I use the :pipe: as folk NEED to know you're (at least) trying to make a joke and not trying to be serious!

You need to lighten up about my use of the :pipe: !......:pipe:

If :pipe: is banned I will just have to become a miserable, negative, moaning git and join in the serious, righteous posters on here in protest - or find another ecomotion that implies the same thing!

Leggo writes like a 4 year old - the exclamation marks and constant repetition of points he REALLY want to get across are offputting.

Bill was doing fine, but appeared to take critisism poorly and didn't hang around if he had posted in RM to explain his position. His thommo interview blog was not well received and his reaction to the critisism of it even less so.

I dont know where they all get the fucking time to be honest...

People that just pick a number and show % sign behind...............why do they do this.

I honestly thought that was a pc error, shows how much I know lol

Leggos style annoys me with his repetition and nowt wrong with Bills but he needs to handle criticism better.

Dart, Fury, Andy and Oleg are always good reads but iv only noticed Frankie posting good info and replys on here lately and was suprised he is a blogger as I don't think iv read his.

Power to the pen and I appreciate them all.

Not so much a who but what I prefer...

For all our bloggers to use their energy to defend our club & support and to attack our enemies rather than ourselves.

Have to agree with this, although I'm not that keen on blogs.

Guest Andypendek

I am a Rad C. look alike so perhaps I have a kinder spirit towards those who would score less than 10 in a beauty competition - but I go hill walking, mainly in Scotland and the beauty is stunning, yes I can choose to moan about the inconsiderate idiots who drop their litter in the great wilderness, or I can just pick it up while mumbling about the bastards, or just pick it up and raise my eyes to the glory of the country.

It is the same with the people, I can look at she the fat lass yelling at her kids, or choose to see the beauty in mothers teaching their kids to swim, or fathers playing football with their kids in the park. I walk down my town, mainly litter free and with a number of hanging baskets and flower beds well maintained by the council and I can choose to critisise the gardner for taking a drink on a hot and sultry day or I can admire what he has created for me.

My postie is always well turned out, and says hello, and you do seem to have a wee bit of a downer on the posties in general but for every numpty there will be the vast majority of them that just get on and do a good job.

Its far to easy to look for the bad, and yes we seem to take an inordinate amout of pleasure in pointing out other peoples faults, that is so easy to do, but many a fat lass has given comfort to a fat lad, many a screaming mother will defend her kids like a shecat. Yep some workmen abuse the 'system' but many,many more just put in their hard days graft and earn their cash (and go to see the Rangers, just to keep this in the BD :pipe:!!). Now perhaps as a blogger you are like the mainstream press ( :pipe:), you realise that negativity will get you more hits and is easy to do, and good news does not sell (nor get blogs read) and perhaps thats why I don't do a blog - who wants to acknowledge all the good going on, who wants to be positive when its so easy to find fault, and who wants to actually stand up and say - you know what? - This is not a bad place to live!

Fine, positive points and hard to argue with without sounding like the Grinch. Just the same, I disagree with a few points: negativity won't get me any more or less hits than positivity. When I wrote articles for Gersnet, I could be confident of about 5,000 reads; an RM piece will reap much the same. When I post on my blog, I know there is no chance of the same interest, indeed exceeding 3 figures would be very unusual. Plus, I've done plenty of happy blogs, especially on my garden, but no-one is happy all the time and the prospect of a hefty bill from the garage does not cheer me up.

A few posters (not you especially) seem to imagine blogging is all about the self and the ego, when in actual fact it more often reminds you how little influence or 'power' you have! You bash out a thing you think is top drawer and about 300 people read it - if that doesn't bring you down to earth I dunno what will.

Even well known bloggers have a limited reach in the ordinary way of things. When you realise that even drivel like the Daily Mail reaches more people than you do it pulls you up short. But that's another reason why we need two or three well known, top notch bloggers to stand out from the ordinary blog, to generate a wider audience. Of course they need the credibility of getting some things right and not acting, how to put it, impulsively. But I think that can be done, and our candidates ought not to be put off by meaningless insults, and be open to actual criticism.

On a side note, RM was earlier called a tough crowd - I'd agree with that, but only because if you post something inaccurate someone will challenge you on it, as BP9 has critiqued my workie bashing blog, tho I stand by it. Abuse is expected and unless its funny or something you hardly notice it, but having posters who will call you out for factual inaccuracy keeps you on your toes.

Fine, positive points and hard to argue with without sounding like the Grinch. Just the same, I disagree with a few points: negativity won't get me any more or less hits than positivity. When I wrote articles for Gersnet, I could be confident of about 5,000 reads; an RM piece will reap much the same. When I post on my blog, I know there is no chance of the same interest, indeed exceeding 3 figures would be very unusual. Plus, I've done plenty of happy blogs, especially on my garden, but no-one is happy all the time and the prospect of a hefty bill from the garage does not cheer me up.

A few posters (not you especially) seem to imagine blogging is all about the self and the ego, when in actual fact it more often reminds you how little influence or 'power' you have! You bash out a thing you think is top drawer and about 300 people read it - if that doesn't bring you down to earth I dunno what will.

Even well known bloggers have a limited reach in the ordinary way of things. When you realise that even drivel like the Daily Mail reaches more people than you do it pulls you up short. But that's another reason why we need two or three well known, top notch bloggers to stand out from the ordinary blog, to generate a wider audience. Of course they need the credibility of getting some things right and not acting, how to put it, impulsively. But I think that can be done, and our candidates ought not to be put off by meaningless insults, and be open to actual criticism.

On a side note, RM was earlier called a tough crowd - I'd agree with that, but only because if you post something inaccurate someone will challenge you on it, as BP9 has critiqued my workie bashing blog, tho I stand by it. Abuse is expected and unless its funny or something you hardly notice it, but having posters who will call you out for factual inaccuracy keeps you on your toes.

Ach you know I like your blogs on general and I do try not to be abusive even while having a differing opinion - mind you if I wrote a blog the folks who would put me off are the Internet grammar and spelling police !!

Keep up the good work - I read any blog link you post on here and agree with most - just lay off the poor posties , fat lasses and council workers !!!