Leggoland or McMurdo

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We've recently saw the fall-out between two very well respected Rangers bloggers.

Who do you prefer? On the basis of consistency, trustworthy stories/leads, personality, etc...

Not so much a who but what I prefer...

For all our bloggers to use their energy to defend our club & support and to attack our enemies rather than ourselves.

None of the two mentioned to be honest, yeah they offer a certain style but for a clear view.............well in no particular order apart from the first named.........

D'art

Frankie

fury.

As far as bloggers go........a couple of guys on here I like to read some of their thoughts when they come on with a point for discussion, but I don't think they blog as such.

Andypendeck is readable - rest are usually unadulterated rubbish - bloggers who are ' in the know' but aren't like Leggo and mcmurdi are the worst - I don't mind the bloggers who offer opinions rather than rumour, like d'art - I just tend to not agree with them( him) but I always read his pieces and agree with about 20% of it!

Andypendeck is readable - rest are usually unadulterated rubbish - bloggers who are ' in the know' but aren't like Leggo and mcmurdi are the worst - I don't mind the bloggers who offer opinions rather than rumour, like d'art - I just tend to not agree with them( him) but I always read his pieces and agree with about 20% of it!

People that just pick a number and show % sign behind...............why do they do this.

Not so much a who but what I prefer...

For all our bloggers to use their energy to defend our club & support and to attack our enemies rather than ourselves.

I agree .They mostly defend our club so that at least earns my respect whether you agree with them or disagree .

I think the whole nature of being a Rangers blogger is worthy of discussion, if you dont mind me taking it off topic a wee bit.

The origins of my blogging were utter frustration at the anit-Rangers articles which were appearing in the press - this is well before Whyte etc way back to the days when Spiers in particular, was at the Herald first time round and SDM was at the helm. Most of my early articles were to dis-sect much of those false and erroneous articles produced by the likes of Spiers and expose them for the lies they were - his article accusing "thousands of Rangers fans of racially abusing Bobo Balde" was the perfect example.

I appreciate bloggers, particularly on here, are not looked upon favourably - Ive said it many times Rangers Media is a "tough crowd" at times. Some of the criticism is merited - for me personally the content of the blog should focus on issues concerning our club, support and attacking our enemies. If it fails to do that, and instead causes the readers focus to concentrate on the blogger himself - then, in my opinion, the blogger has failed in his message completely.

What I would say though in defence of our bloggers - at a time when there is a lack of fan representation at our club, a fact we discuss on numerous occasions, the blogger whilst being not being a substitute by any means, at least attempts to fill that void and give the fans a voice. From a personal point of view I get no greater satisfaction than when a reader comments "Thanks for putting my thoughts and feelings into words".

Whilst many have looked unfavourably at the last few days and the internet activity surrounding the SPL 2 rumourmongering - that frenetic activity probably proved to be the catalyst to the issue of the club's statement and clarification of their position on that matter. So bloggers articles, can give rise to discussions and activity which have a positive affect. I appreciate there is a downside to this as well and in the last few weeks in particular, have become aware of the responsibility I carry when writing an article.

I would be really interested on your wider thoughts on this matter.

All fair points D'Art.

For me, writing about Rangers (I've been doing it now for around ten years - on and offline) is all about trying to convey the feelings of, firstly myself, while quite often also reflecting opinions from the wide variety of bears I know and/or interact with on a daily basis.

It's not about always being right, making money (I wish), massaging egos or spinning for others but simply, for me personally, putting my own thoughts down 'on paper' to help me approach different situations pragmatically. It's also interesting and helpful to be able to look back at different periods and see where I was right or wrong.

Like you say, it's a shame when people go beyond that kind of strategy in favour of the personality-driven divisive stuff we have seen from Bill & Lego recently. That's just counter-productive and helps no-one.

As for criticism of 'bloggers' in a general sense, fair enough but bloggers are only doing the same as what everyone else online is and that's offering an opinion - sometimes with a bit of extra information, sometimes not. No matter, people should approach every blogger and blog sensibly and the Rangers support are more than capable of separating the wheat from the chaff.

That's why guys like yourself and Andypendek are still very popular because fans appreciate the balance and neutrality you try to offer.

All fair points D'Art.

For me, writing about Rangers (I've been doing it now for around ten years - on and offline) is all about trying to convey the feelings of, firstly myself, while quite often also reflecting opinions from the wide variety of bears I know and/or interact with on a daily basis.

It's not about always being right, making money (I wish), massaging egos or spinning for others but simply, for me personally, putting my own thoughts down 'on paper' to help me approach different situations pragmatically. It's also interesting and helpful to be able to look back at different periods and see where I was right or wrong.

Like you say, it's a shame when people go beyond that kind of strategy in favour of the personality-driven divisive stuff we have seen from Bill & Lego recently. That's just counter-productive and helps no-one.

As for criticism of 'bloggers' in a general sense, fair enough but bloggers are only doing the same as what everyone else online is and that's offering an opinion - sometimes with a bit of extra information, sometimes not. No matter, people should approach every blogger and blog sensibly and the Rangers support are more than capable of separating the wheat from the chaff.

That's why guys like yourself and Andypendek are still very popular because fans appreciate the balance and neutrality you try to offer.

You mean you haven't set up an EBT Frankie to deal with all the monies from blogging ? ;)

On the personal level I do know what you mean - I find it a therapy a form of anger management ! You can gauge my anger level when several articles appear in a short time :angry:

Re - the neutrality - I think thats an important issue - and one I would never compromise hence why I'm not a member of any organisation Rangers related.

In summary - A dangerous maverick with a keyboard !