Delusions, Fantasy and Wishful Thinking

JCS

Who is Andrew Southwick I hear you cry! Well, he’s clearly a delusional Aberdeen fan in urgent need of immediate psychiatric help. Now, I don’t make that claim lightly but, rather, on the back of the outlandish claims he makes in his Daily Record (North – east edition) article of 6 June 2013.

Determined to tell us all just how little Rangers were missed in the SPL last season, he asks;

“Would Pittodrie punters be bothered if we never saw Ian Black and Lee McCulloch in the north-east again, if instead we had Bayern Munich and Atletico Madrid to contend with regularly?”

I confess, when I read that, I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. Isn’t this the team that finished 8th in the SPL, behind neighbours, Ross County and Inverness Cally Thistle? Isn’t this the team that finished in the bottom half of a failing, unattractive and utterly toxic league? A team utterly incapable of making the top six split, never mind competing for a Champions League or Europa League place!

Another delusional Sheep Shagger! Read the article on the home page (link below)

http://www.rangersmedia.co.uk/?p=346

I don't know the guy or his background and he may well be everything the OP suggests he is..I don't bother with Facebook or twitter so I have no background to his comments/opinions on us however having read the article and the article (aberdeen fan wishing rangers back in top league) his was in answer too I think the OP is perhaps taking things out of context and to a tone that wasn't present in the article I read (albeit having no background on the guy there may have been an undertone I didn't pick up on)...

I do think however we need to stop reacting to everything and anything....I am in full agreement that we need to try and address the imbalance in the media and the negative PR we recieve however when we pick up every comment from other teams or fan groups and react to it one way or another it makes us seem petty....what I took from that article was they miss the intensity if the fixture against us and the edge that gave the fans and players but what they miss more is a competitive team....hardly newsworthy or unreasonable stuff is it?

I do think however we need to stop reacting to everything and anything....I am in full agreement that we need to try and address the imbalance in the media and the negative PR we recieve however when we pick up every comment from other teams or fan groups and react to it one way or another it makes us seem petty....what I took from that article was they miss the intensity if the fixture against us and the edge that gave the fans and players but what they miss more is a competitive team....hardly newsworthy or unreasonable stuff is it?

Well said.

“Europa League qualification next season has to be a priority,” says Andrew. “No disrespect to Motherwell, St Johnstone and Hibs who have all earned their spots but they’re where we should be. They should be the ones firing admiring glances our way"

Dolly, will you please take this tossers head out your arse, so he can choke on his own shite?

Thanks.

what I took from that article was they miss the intensity if the fixture against us and the edge that gave the fans and players but what they miss more is a competitive team....hardly newsworthy or unreasonable stuff is it?

Was thinking along the same lines. Was there anything really anti-Rangers in the article? It was a piece about the lack of success Aberdeen have had - not entirely sure it merited the hostile reaction, or any sort of reaction for that matter.

‘Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win.’

The Idea from Sun Tzu - The Art of War

Master Sun seems intent on ensuring the reader understands the cost of war. ‘Hence to fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy’s resistance without fighting’. Winning is therefore only relevant if battle was inevitable. Fighting unnecessary wars is stupid.

‘Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win.’

The Idea from Sun Tzu - The Art of War

Master Sun seems intent on ensuring the reader understands the cost of war. ‘Hence to fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy’s resistance without fighting’. Winning is therefore only relevant if battle was inevitable. Fighting unnecessary wars is stupid.

What happened there.

I don't know the guy or his background and he may well be everything the OP suggests he is..I don't bother with Facebook or twitter so I have no background to his comments/opinions on us however having read the article and the article (aberdeen fan wishing rangers back in top league) his was in answer too I think the OP is perhaps taking things out of context and to a tone that wasn't present in the article I read (albeit having no background on the guy there may have been an undertone I didn't pick up on)...

"Do away with the close season", I say! - it unbalances me as Scarkev has been agreeing with my posts and I am agreeing with his and I agree with this one as well.

Bring back the football!!

“Europa League qualification next season has to be a priority,” says Andrew. “No disrespect to Motherwell, St Johnstone and Hibs who have all earned their spots but they’re where we should be. They should be the ones firing admiring glances our way"

Dolly, will you please take this tossers head out your arse, so he can choke on his own shite?

Thanks.

I really dont get the problem you have with that comment, Aberdeen should be streets ahead of St Johnstone and Motherwell and definiteky competing high up the league with the likes of Hibs, I dont think there is to much wrong in saying that

I really dont get the problem you have with that comment, Aberdeen should be streets ahead of St Johnstone and Motherwell and definiteky competing high up the league with the likes of Hibs, I dont think there is to much wrong in saying that

What right do they have to be better than st johnstone and motherwell? They sound like that shower of shite from the east.