How many attempts

My view is they will progressively weaken but still be strong enough to see off the current SPL mob. But with CL money they can afford to spend less and still win the league. When we arrive back in the top league I still believe it will need very serious amounts of money to become quickly competitive. I think it may take a few seasons unless by some means a blend of team can be created in the next few years whose style of play and whose ruthlessness and hunger might, with perhaps a few key additions at the time, propel us to be immediately competitive in the first few seasons. Wonder how Ally McCoist and Mather would answer the question? Or does it go without saying?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Their next two seasons of CL qualifiers will be our most important games. Assuming they sail through, like they did last year, and gain another two payouts while we adjust to the spl again, we will need major investment just to keep pace with them. They could in theory, gazump us for every player we go for. I'm maybe being a tad pessimistic, but our first two years back in the spl will probably result in Ally's demise, and a new manager will have to hit the ground running.

Agree to an extent mate but fuck them. All we can do is win our leagues and plan ahead. They are not great but I still think we will need major investment to compete. Don't forget they have a fuckin billionaire sugar daddy !! When we win the top league again, it will definitely be one of our best if not the best

They'll be going downhill the next few years.

They can't afford to keep a strong squad without us.

I said at the start of the season that this season if they didn't get Champions League football they would be fucked. If they go 2/3 years without it from now after they have sold Wanyamma and Hooper they will decline. IMO.

Once back to where we belong we shall be able to attract better players but I hope as we go through this journey we spot a few gems and save us a fortune when we get to top again as there has been a lot of wasted talent in Scotland due to the fact both Rangers & septic look abroad. This is our greatest chance to build a young team that will be ready and hardened to battle them for the title.

Hence I think Daley a waste of time or bringing back old players lets knuckle down and get young pups n teach them in front of 50k fans every 2weeks what Rangers means!

If we do this 2nd season back we will take those cretins!

:lol:

Your Ally the manager can do no right blinkers are very thick.

I've praised him on here before. As others have duly noted.

However, your the one making stupid chest thumping statements like "THIS MAN WILL ENSURE THEY WILL NEVER GET TEN IN A ROW" will he fuck, he can't even get us 2 rounds in the Ramsdens Cup or beating Stirling Albion away from home.

Do you think it will take us to win the spl once back in?

They will be on at least 4 in a row by then.

I reckon it will take us at least 2, but probably 3, which would have them on 6 in a row and probably going all out for the 10, lets face it, they'll never get a better chance and if the shoe was on the other foot, we would do the same.

Which is another reason I don't seethe need for jon daly type signings, he will be of absolutely no use to us by then, fuck, he wouldn't be any use to us if we we're in the spl now.

That's why we need to build a solid foundation of a settled squad that have played together a few years with a winning mentality, we need to hit the ground running, we might actually be able to catch them off guard at the first attempt. Their team will get weaker (but they'll have money in the bank) and they won't have had a proper challange in 3 years.

So, how many attempts do you think?

I tend to agree with your thinking assuming we progress as a club both on and off the park .However at this minute I wouldn't be too confident of the rodents not being in a position to do ten .I will say one thing though ,the minute that shower believe its a shoe in will be the time when it starts to get a little more difficult and we need to be in the best condition to take advantage .

TLB is our saviour, the longer the ginger rugrat is in charge the less they will advance. He oi only there to appease the bigots rather than move their horrible club forward. Keep believing in him fellow bears

(tu)

He will have a job for many years to come off the back of a Barcelona result. He's a piss-poor manager

I've praised him on here before. As others have duly noted.

However, your the one making stupid chest thumping statements like "THIS MAN WILL ENSURE THEY WILL NEVER GET TEN IN A ROW" will he fuck, he can't even get us 2 rounds in the Ramsdens Cup or beating Stirling Albion away from home.

:lol:

Ok now we're getting somewhere. So now he just has to get us relegated and beat Stirling Albion away. I must say I think you should be aiming higher with your expectations.

The mark of true champions would be to win it in our first season back.

This is highly unlikely as I believe they will try to outspend us.

The money they made last year in the CL and transfers have set them up financially for the next two seasons.

I also won't pin my hopes on them not qualifying but will take a worst case scenario outlook i.e. they will qualify each season and make even more money.

(tu)

He will have a job for many years to come off the back of a Barcelona result. He's a piss-poor manager

yeah but in John Park they have someone to bail him out every other season .To think this guy used to be a bluenose and he helps scout the best players for them .If there is one thing we need it's this type of guy at Ibrox to do same for Ally.

yeah but in John Park they have someone to bail him out every other season .To think this guy used to be a bluenose and he helps scout the best players for them .If there is one thing we need it's this type of guy at Ibrox to do same for Ally.

Yeah his nephew used to be a member of my supporters bus.

The mark of true champions would be to win it in our first season back.

This is highly unlikely as I believe they will try to outspend us.

The money they made last year in the CL and transfers have set them up financially for the next two seasons.

I also won't pin my hopes on them not qualifying but will take a worst case scenario outlook i.e. they will qualify each season and make even more money.

don't you think with the state of finances in sphell they will be leeking money and i do not see them getting too the group stages :7325::ulster::7326::brokensfa:

Their titles without us in the League count as nothing Tainted one might say.

If they are trying to beat our Nine it makes sense we had to be in the same league as them to offer competition if not they are meaningless.