How many attempts

We will need to be able to adjust to the intensity of the top flight quickly (hopefully riding on the crest of a wave with the fans and our anger at the teams up there) but I would be surprised if we are able to do it in the first two seasons. Of course we have no idea where we will be or who will own us at that time.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not answered the OP yet.

We'll win the top flight division in our FIRST year, mark my words.

That lot are pish to begin with but please believe me, they are going to go from pish to utter gash. They are on the decline and are nothing without us. They just won the league with the LOWEST points tally since the inception of the SPL and that is WITHOUT us there to take points from them FFS.

No doubt.

We won it in 1998/99 with 77 points. :ph34r:

I've not answered the OP yet.

We'll win the top flight division in our FIRST year, mark my words.

That lot are pish to begin with but please believe me, they are going to go from pish to utter gash. They are on the decline and are nothing without us. They just won the league with the LOWEST points tally since the inception of the SPL and that is WITHOUT us there to take points from them FFS.

No doubt.

They were always going to win the league by a canter. There was zero pressure that allowed them to be half arsed, I doubt they'd do the same when we're back.

Celtic are in quite a good position financially, they could easily raise 30million to compensate for a couple years of no CL, by selling 4-5 of their better players.

Sadly liewell and co. are very good at getting big money for shite players, look at the 10million for mcgeady!

It'll be very very difficult for us, regardless of who is in charge. They could sell off half their first team and still win the spl, stash the money and go on a spending spree the second were back in the top flight.

If we did it in the first year, I'd be gobsmacked

Really don't believe Celtic are shite, at all.

Pretty decent team which they showed in Europe.

Definitely. They have a very good model and will make a fair whack of money through the sales of some of their players.

It's impossible to say how long, but at this rate and McCoist still at the helm we'll struggle to stop them getting near 7 or 8 with ease.

No doubt our first Season back will be like our first Season in Div 3. All these new players not having a clue.

It could all be very different though.

Definitely. They have a very good model and will make a fair whack of money through the sales of some of their players.

It's impossible to say how long, but at this rate and McCoist still at the helm we'll struggle to stop them getting near 7 or 8 with ease.

No doubt our first Season back will be like our first Season in Div 3. All these new players not having a clue.

Yeah they aren't a pish team. I'd hate to think about what people thought about our performances last season if they think Celtic are a shite team. It's so hard to tell as a lot will happen in the next 2 years and then depends who we sign as we come into the SPL. Obviously a lot depends on how they do as well, I'm looking forward to battling them again though.

That lot have to negotiate 3 qualifying rounds for the CL. Assuming the first one is on the season ticket, then say 10,000 pay on the gate and then two games with 40,000 in attendance. Say 90,000 at reduced :lol: prices of £25. That's £2,250,000 plus their bunce from UEFA just for turning up. Added to this, they will drop into the Europa league for three games at, say, 45,000 at £30. £4,050,000 plus their bunce from UEFA. Add to this TV and corporate and even if they get horsed out of the Europa, it wouldn't surprise me if they clear £10 million for failure. Until we get back here, I fear for the future. We really need to step up to the plate with accounts on time and no fucking about so that we get our European licence back asap.

I think we could do it in one if we really went for it. Theyve got their Euro run hiding the fact that theyre pretty pish. On top of that they're bottle merchants. By the time we get to the top division we will have a seasoned squad, most of our youngsters will have had plenty of experience.

We blew it a couple times this season, Dundee Hibs, QOTS and Inverness, but I believe there have been reasons for this, in reality we should beat any team we can come up against and the only team that should really make us struggle is the mhanky mob. IMO we should be prepared to come in 2nd on our first try, I would expect us to take it very close if not win it second time round. But I believe we are and should be capable of winning it 1st time.

I think we could do it in one if we really went for it. Theyve got their Euro run hiding the fact that theyre pretty pish. On top of that they're bottle merchants. By the time we get to the top division we will have a seasoned squad, most of our youngsters will have had plenty of experience.

We blew it a couple times this season, Dundee Hibs, QOTS and Inverness, but I believe there have been reasons for this, in reality we should beat any team we can come up against and the only team that should really make us struggle is the mhanky mob. IMO we should be prepared to come in 2nd on our first try, I would expect us to take it very close if not win it second time round. But I believe we are and should be capable of winning it 1st time.

If they had proper competition there's not a chance they'd have dropped anywhere near the amount of points.

We'll win it first time of asking.

septic are a shite team and are only winning it because we're not there to stop them. When we return they will have a team that can compete with their shity football.

They actually lost a fair amount of games without us in the league, blaming Europe as a distraction.

What was it, beat Barca, then get beaten by St Johnstone.

What a team!

We'll win it first time of asking.

septic are a shite team and are only winning it because we're not there to stop them. When we return they will have a team that can compete with their shity football.

They actually lost a fair amount of games without us in the league, blaming Europe as a distraction.

What was it, beat Barca, then get beaten by St Johnstone.

What a team!

...And against Arbroath home and away.... they are indeed shite!..

There are to many unpredictable factors to know for certain. For example, should Celtic fail to qualify for champs league group stages and have to sell some better players their quality may gradually fall with no old firm games or competition to entice players to come.

Also guys like Macleod could really kick on and be a top player....if we get our arse in gear and sort out our s outing, coaching and youth set ups NOW we will be in a much stronger position.

Realistically I can see them winning at least the first one when we are back but there is no chance they will get 9...despite what the deluded might think...

There are to many unpredictable factors to know for certain. For example, should Celtic fail to qualify for champs league group stages and have to sell some better players their quality may gradually fall with no old firm games or competition to entice players to come.

Also guys like Macleod could really kick on and be a top player....if we get our arse in gear and sort out our s outing, coaching and youth set ups NOW we will be in a much stronger position.

Realistically I can see them winning at least the first one when we are back but there is no chance they will get 9...despite what the deluded might think...

They gave us a few tankings in the SPL too. Probably that was down to the Piggery fear factor tactics.

How quickly we win top league depends greatly on the progress we make on the playing front over the next 2 seasons. We need to be gelling a team to play good, winning football and annually strengthen rather than buy / replace the team as we go along. To that end, last season was imo a missed opportunity, although this view has been softened by my delight with the close season signings.

We won't compete with them financially as they are banking money from challenge free league wins and euro runs. They already have several valuable assets they could cash in on. And they have a scouting system in place which is successful ( Park is the key asset here, how we could do with him).

So ultimately we have to use the years out of the top league to develop and mould a team who have several seasons of playing together, and are a strong footballing unit. Tactically strong.

Any more time wasted, and we'll end up trying to buy a team to beat them. And I don't fancy our chances of going head to head with them on that score.

Guess that's why this is such a huge season for Ally...