Mols or Jelavic?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mols easily. There was so much potential there but alas a rather innocuous tackle robbed us of seeing it, was never the same. As for the tackle, I dont remember it really being Khan's fault - Mols was chasing a through ball and Khan came out and they collided, was just bad luck what happened to Mols' knee

Mols is so overrated by our support. Take this thread for examle, If he hadn't been injured he would have been worth £15m-£20m, been one of Rangers greatest ever players, went on to become world class, etc. Others will say we would have lifted the big jug if it wasn't for that injury. Fact is he did get injured and he never went on to do any of those things.

Jelavic is a great all round player. If it weren't for the Ian Black injury...

I agree he gets overrated by many. He was 28/29 when he signed for us so the idea he was going to end up world class or worth £20m is very unlikely.

I actually go with Jelavic, based on the fact he practically gave us 3 in a row after Miller left, tore celtic a new arsehole in the CIS cup and has done it in the premiership and at the Euros last summer. Don't think Mols ever did it at that level.

I also think a lot of people overrate Mols based on an excellent initial few months pre injury. He would probably have been as good as Larsson, but world class or worth 20m or giving us the European cup is just fallacy.

Mols is so overrated by our support. Take this thread for examle, If he hadn't been injured he would have been worth £15m-£20m, been one of Rangers greatest ever players, went on to become world class, etc. Others will say we would have lifted the big jug if it wasn't for that injury. Fact is he did get injured and he never went on to do any of those things.

Jelavic is a great all round player. If it weren't for the Ian Black injury...

Mols, pre-injury was a fantastic player. Certainly wasn't overrated.

I believe Jelavic got a similar injury mind you, and came back just as good.

Mols would have been worth 15 to 20 million if he hadn't been injured that season. Mols for me mate

Mols was a fabulous player, but he was never going to be worth 15-20 million. That would have made him one of most expensive players in the world at the time.

He was almost 30 when he joined us, had already been playing in Holland for years without anybody else taking a chance on him (at a time when it was something of a hotbed for talented players) and had barely had any international recognition at all.

Defo mols, if he never got that injury he was on his way to being as good or better than larsson , but jelavic was still class! What bout prso or jelavic?

So far in this thread. If Mols hadn't been injured:

Would have been worth £15m-£20m

Would have gone on to be world class

Would have been the greatest ever Ranger along with McCoist

Would have been better than Larsson (By this I assume 50+ goals a season and a Golden Boot)

Mols, pre-injury was a fantastic player. Certainly wasn't overrated.

If this thread is to be believed Mols (if he didn't get injured) would have been one of, if not thee, greatest player Scotland has ever seen. Not overrated?