Mols or Jelavic?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mols was a fabulous player, but he was never going to be worth 15-20 million. That would have made him one of most expensive players in the world at the time.

He was almost 30 when he joined us, had already been playing in Holland for years without anybody else taking a chance on him (at a time when it was something of a hotbed for talented players) and had barely had any international recognition at all.

I loved watching Michael Mols, but I can't disagree with any of the above.

I think what happened was wee Dick realised he would be a perfect fit for us at that time. Plenty of quality players supplying the ammunition, and he could finish. Plus the standard of defender here wasn't capable of dealing with those turns. Throw in the guy's personality, and it was a match made in heaven - until that night in Munich :(

After having a quite a good debate with my mate over this thought it would be a good topic.

I personally think mols was the better player. I'm judging mols before his injury

Got to be Mols a better all round player and let's be honest Jelavic is not going to be playing Rangers legends games in 10 years, Mols was one of the best signings I have seen before that awful injury :(

hes still got that frightening turn

Saw hm at the legends match v Milan and tell you something he could still do us a turn in the 2nd division :) still turns quicker than jelavic EVER did him and laudrup get them back and playing for us .

After having a quite a good debate with my mate over this thought it would be a good topic.

I personally think mols was the better player. I'm judging mols before his injury

Mols played 9 games before his injury. Granted he was unreal in those 9 games, I just honestly don't think you can judge any player on lessthan 10 games.