It is NOT OK to sing Celtic Songs either

The Appeal court has spoken in respect of the Inverness case where a Celtic fan was acquitted for singing "Roll of Honour." among other Pro IRA songs.

They basically say the Sheriff got it wrong in acquitting him and they quashed the acquittal and sent the case back to the Sheriff Court, probably for another trial.

If you want to read the decision here is the link

http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/opinions/2013HCJAC73.html

I don't understand that document BNB but this is good news, yeh?

As in they cunts aren't getting away with it either?

Why do you think it takes ages to learn how to read that stuff!

Yes, basically they are not getting away with singing Pro IRA songs either!

Our Loyalist songs, to the best of my Knowledge contain NO references to prohibited organisations and therefore by looking at the terms of this Act and in light of what the appeal court say are fine.....FOR NOW!

I have not heard of any trials going ahead on Loyalist songs yet.

Ending up in court for singing a football song is the biggest joke of all.

Yes it is and we can thank the SNP for that one!

What does reassure me though and hopefully other Bears is that although we have a poor law (I have never known of 3 Sheriffs to complain about any other law)

The Appeal court are doing the best they can with a bad law and are applying it in a far and even handed manner.

They don't care about what team is supported, just so happens in this case it was Celtic.

So it seems that the Judiciary STILL remain impartial....unlike other organisations in Scotland.

Why do you think it takes ages to learn how to read that stuff!

Yes, basically they are not getting away with singing Pro IRA songs either!

Our Loyalist songs, to the best of my Knowledge contain NO references to prohibited organisations and therefore by looking at the terms of this Act and in light of what the appeal court say are fine.....FOR NOW!

I have not heard of any trials going ahead on Loyalist songs yet.

That gave me a headache after a couple of lines :)

Cheers, aye I'm all for singing whatever you want(both sides) but if we can't get away with it neither should they.

I said at the time it would be appealed successfully. That judge was a moron. No way should some tarrier get off with glorifying terrorism and inciting disorder when our supporters get the book thrown at them for chants and songs that have been in our repertoire for generations.

All of these incidents will be taken on a case by case basis. On the day it's up to the sheriff. Don't really understand why liberal interpretation laws is allowed in court but it is.

Actually, now the Appeal Court has issued a decision, it is binding to an extent on the Lower Courts until that decision is overturned by a decision of the appeal court consisting of a bench of 5 or more judges.

It will serve to give the Sheriff's guidelines in how to deal with this legislation. indeed one of the critics of the 2012 Act said that until there were decisions from the Appeal Court there would be confusion.

I said at the time it would be appealed successfully. That judge was a moron. No way should some tarrier get off with glorifying terrorism and inciting disorder when our supporters get the book thrown at them for chants and songs that have been in our repertoire for generations.

Yes you did and the Appeal Court took the correct view, in my opinion, that it is not OK to sing about Terrorists.

(b) the behaviour-

(i) is likely to incite public disorder, or

(ii) would be likely to incite public disorder.

-------------------------------------

Is that not the same thing?!?!

You would think that wouldn't you.....but NO...this is why there are criticisms about the law as it is VERY badly Drafted (written.)

I would have sacked the people who wrote this guff!

You would think that wouldn't you.....but NO...this is why there are criticisms about the law as it is VERY badly Drafted (written.)

I would have sacked the people who wrote this guff!

What is the difference then? Is it in regards to context of the situation? I.e. even if in a crowd of friends, who are not likely to turn on you, the behaviour in a different crowd would cause a reaction.

this will only end in tears for our fans, singing songs really it is a laugh, breaks my heart seeing good bluenoses up on charges that really are just to appease the SNP who rushed thru a bill after a game against the tarriers that got a wee bit heated

this will only end in tears for our fans, singing songs really it is a laugh, breaks my heart seeing good bluenoses up on charges that really are just to appease the SNP who rushed thru a bill after a game against the tarriers that got a wee bit heated

Yes. You would think they had nothing else to do, the way they rushed that through.

Yet Every day more people lose jobs, can't afford to pay the rent or bills, children fall into poverty.

BUT the SNP do not give a shit about that cause they are not big headline grabbing policies that will make them look good, they are the mundane day to day concerns of running a country which they do not care about!

Yes. You would think they had nothing else to do, the way they rushed that through.

Yet Every day more people lose jobs, can't afford to pay the rent or bills, children fall into poverty.

BUT the SNP do not give a shit about that cause they are not big headline grabbing policies that will make them look good, they are the mundane day to day concerns of running a country which they do not care about!

Basically I would agree about the attitude of the SNP, but I think in this case they will feel a backlash at the polls from various sets of supporters. I think they have done themselves more harm than good. Btw, thanks for highlighting the appeal result.

Basically I would agree about the attitude of the SNP, but I think in this case they will feel a backlash at the polls from various sets of supporters. I think they have done themselves more harm than good. Btw, thanks for highlighting the appeal result.

Sadly the opinion polls still have them ahead cause they give out free prescriptions to everyone.