Ally misses old firm games.

bawsburst

ALLY MCCOIST believes Rangers have an SPL standard squad – but admits they’re no match for Old Firm rivals Celtic.

The Ibrox boss rounded off the pre-season tour of Germany and Holland by admitting he misses not having the Hoops in his life.

But McCoist would rather wait a couple of years before playing them with full confidence.

He said: “I’d like Celtic back in my life but not just now.

“I miss the Old Firm game as it was always an unbelievable occasion. You love them. You hate them. You miss them. But if we played Celtic at the moment we’d start as second favourites.”

It will take two more years before the old rivals clash in a league match but fate always holds out the possibility of a clash in the domestic cups.

McCoist said: “If we have to play Celtic then bring it on but I’m not sure we’re ready for that yet.

“It would never scare me, far from it. We’re getting ever nearer to having them back with us but we’ll be more ready to face Celtic in another couple of years.”

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/rangers-boss-ally-mccoist-spl-2071394

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ALLY MCCOIST believes Rangers have an SPL standard squad – but admits they’re no match for Old Firm rivals Celtic.

The Ibrox boss rounded off the pre-season tour of Germany and Holland by admitting he misses not having the Hoops in his life.

But McCoist would rather wait a couple of years before playing them with full confidence.

“I miss the Old Firm game as it was always an unbelievable occasion. You love them. You hate them. You miss them. But if we played Celtic at the moment we’d start as second favourites.”

It will take two more years before the old rivals clash in a league match but fate always holds out the possibility of a clash in the domestic cups.

McCoist said: “If we have to play Celtic then bring it on but I’m not sure we’re ready for that yet.

“It would never scare me, far from it. We’re getting ever nearer to having them back with us but we’ll be more ready to face Celtic in another couple of years.”

http://www.dailyreco...ist-spl-2071394

Be nice to beat them at the first time of asking however, not quite sure we are ready for it yet and no, I don't miss them. They can keep all their bigoted, sectarian, pissing, anti HMF nonsense to themselves thank you! Lee Rigby RIP mate.

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/rangers-boss-ally-mccoist-spl-2071394

Another wee love in with the rebel haters .Will we ever learn :-(

Yet another chinwag with this shit of a newspaper, and people on here that forever go on about posters being negative...........well what a thing to say, not ready for them just now.................we draw them in a cup and the teamtalk goes.......well I know we're not ready to play them but just try your best doh a deer right enough.

Just wish he would bite his lip sometimes and I wonder if dickson will pull him up for giving these face to face interviews instead of the the Official Site, so from this day lads just C&P from the Official site , it does help guys on their mobiles to do this.

Another wee love in with the rebel haters .Will we ever learn :-(

Think that's a bit harsh! I for one miss the games against them and I know quite a few other bears feel the same.

Maybe Ally's using reverse psychology so that if we meet them in any cup games they think we think we'll lose then we'll win!

Think that's a bit harsh! I for one miss the games against them and I know quite a few other bears feel the same.

Maybe Ally's using reverse psychology so that if we meet them in any cup games they think we think we'll lose then we'll win!

He should try that with every game and we will undefeated all season :thumbup: But it's ridiculous him speaking directly to those rats from that paper.

What's the issue? He says if we face them bring it on, we're not scared but he's unsure if the squad are Ready yet. Sounds like a challenge to the players to step up for me.

Something loads on here have said. In fact a few have said a lot worse such as we stand no chance if we meet them this season.

If Ally had said "We'll hump them coz we're Rangers and that's what we do" posters would have called him deluded etc. The man can't win with some fans no matter what he does or says.

As for it being in the record. I didn't click the link so don't know their source, but he doesn't have to talk to them for them to use his quotes.

It's all Greek to me..............

There was a time, many years ago, in my youth, as it were, where it was suggested that I would have crawled 100 yards on my hands and knees over broken glass to eat a yard of her Eartha Kitt, such was my desire to, er......"coup" (pronounced 'cow-p') the delectable Nana. :pipe:

I have moved on from such lustful thoughts....and now would only munch half-a-yard. :thumbup: