Looks Like Templeton might be in the squad

Hope someone's shown him how to cross a ball/taught him how to make better decisions. Some good goals but needs to improve this season.

Agreed on his day he's unplayable at our level but he's inconsistent

Would still play him every game. One of our best players regardless.

Agreed on his day he's unplayable at our level but he's inconsistent

Would still play him every game. One of our best players regardless.

For me his best games were when he played inside as the second striker. He's a bit of a selfish player and I think that role suited that more. I'd like to see him choosing when to pass the ball a little better and improve his crossing, and sometimes get his head up a wee bit more. But the potential is there for him to be a very good player, he has the anility. A wee bit of good coaching is needed.

For me his best games were when he played inside as the second striker. He's a bit of a selfish player and I think that role suited that more. I'd like to see him choosing when to pass the ball a little better and improve his crossing, and sometimes get his head up a wee bit more. But the potential is there for him to be a very good player, he has the anility. A wee bit of good coaching is needed.

Agreed with all that but sometimes needs must and he reverts to a winger as we lack genuine decent width

I know Little, McKay and Aird have all played there but Little is a centre forward and the other two are too young, inconsistent and rou round the edges IMO

Nicky Law will be a massive player for us this season

Agreed with all that but sometimes needs must and he reverts to a winger as we lack genuine decent width

I know Little, McKay and Aird have all played there but Little is a centre forward and the other two are too young, inconsistent and rou round the edges IMO

Nicky Law will be a massive player for us this season

Yip, that's why we really need Aird and McKay to push on a bit. Good width will be important in these divisions. McKay, even before his injuries stopped progressing as he much as he should have done for me. But then, he wasn't getting too much game time. Unfortunately I see him as being better in the middle as well. Aird is the only out and out wide man. And I'm afraid I just don't rate Little.

How can you not rate Little, as a winger you mean? I'd agree but centre forward he got us 24 goals last season did he not

As a winger, he's poor. Yep, I know he did really well last season goals wise, but I just think a good centre half, which he hasn't met yet, will have him in his back pocket. His first touch is ropey, I'm not convinced by his movement or passing ability and his vision is diabolical. He has his head down far too often. His finishing can be very good, but I've also seen it being awful (like many strikers I guess). Average at best for me I'm afraid. I know many won't agree, I've been disagreed with before on the forum regards him, but it's just the way I see it. Sadly so, cause he seems like a good lad around the dressing room, and he's a Rangers boy.

Doubt he will start but think he will get a run out at some time, due to the rules we are a bit restricted about who can play really find it crazy that we can play two trialists in the first round but can't play any in the second. Also I believe we can't play any trialists in the league cup so would be helpful to get Templeton some game time.

Doubt he will start but think he will get a run out at some time, due to the rules we are a bit restricted about who can play really find it crazy that we can play two trialists in the first round but can't play any in the second. Also I believe we can't play any trialists in the league cup so would be helpful to get Templeton some game time.

Another crazy thing about the trialists rule is that the SPFL can't explain why we can play them in first round but not after that, ''we are not in a position to explain the logic of that rule'' was the quote. Perhaps Peter hasn't told then yet :rolleyes:

According to Al Bear McCoist said he wouldn't be involved in any way to start with due to no pre season ???

He did. Was talking about the efforts put in by the squad to raise their fitness levels over preseason and the guys who stayed at Auchenhowie recuperating would have to catch up.

Temps himself said he was targeting the Newcastle game for his return.

Can't see him playing a part but good to see his hunger and desire to get going for Stage 2.