More Nicky Law

delamonty

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not call him world class. Wonder why so many are missing the point?

Here is the point (again).

Playing for a club the size of The Rangers with the pressures... can make or break a player. In Law's case... he has all of the attributes to take it to another level. Will playing for The Rangers help him or hinder him. That's the point. And world class is thrown around too easily these days.

Aye ye did.

aye ok.. one more Nicky Law thread (tu)

Mr. William Struth once said...

Very true words. How many 'great' players have come to Ibrox and failed? I would like to submit that 'perhaps' Law is different. That the challenge of playing for us will drive him to greater heights than if he played for any other team -- means we will have a world class player on our hands.

It's all conjecture of course. But he has the physical attributes... sound head on his shoulders...can score, pick out a pass..and finish.

So.... will he become great BECAUSE of The Rangers (ie rose to the challenge) or fail to live up to the dizzying expectation it seems we have already set him.

For me? I think he will. (tu)

?

Aye ye did.

Because it's meaningless.

Once again.. and let's make it really simple now...

Will playing for The Rangers make Nicky Law a better player?

That's as basic as it gets. Forget my Struth quote.. forget everything.... that (above) is the bottom line.

Because it's meaningless.

Once again.. and let's make it really simple now...

Will playing for The Rangers make Nicky Law a better player?

That's as basic as it gets. Forget my Struth quote.. forget everything.... that (above) is the bottom line.

35582y1.jpg?w=698

I think Law has what it takes to be a Ranger and I think he will be one of those guys who thrive in the pressure cooker of 50k at Ibrox for a big cup tie or European game as it takes a special kind of mentality for that and of the current squad only Jig and Wallace have really shown their mettle in that situation but Law I believe is a similar type of personality.

No, you're saying having Law at his best would mean we would have a world class player on our hands.

And that is the point.... (finally) He is not at his best.. but can he reach his best being at Rangers (because of The Rangers)?

This place really does just emphasise the extremes of opinion....why can't some of you ever just remain balanced and not overreact.

Nicky law is a very good player and will be a good signing, lets not overload the guy with ridiculous expectations....the reality is (although I thought he was excellent against sheff wed to) we were playing a very poor team yesterday....much bigger tests to come!

This place really does just emphasise the extremes of opinion....why can't some of you ever just remain balanced and not overreact.

Nicky law is a very good player and will be a good signing, lets not overload the guy with ridiculous expectations....the reality is (although I thought he was excellent against sheff wed to) we were playing a very poor team yesterday....much bigger tests to come!

Cheers for the balance Kev. My only point is where 'we' can make him more than he ever would be. Too many read 'world class' and did not understand what I meant. To those.. I apologise... I should have been more clear (tu)

Cheers for the balance Kev. My only point is where 'we' can make him more than he ever would be. Too many read 'world class' and did not understand what I meant. To those.. I apologise... I should have been more clear (tu)

Bigger man to admit you were wrong. I admire you. (tu)

Bigger man to admit you were wrong. I admire you. (tu)

Listen... we have been agonising over a player like Law for years. I'm not apologising -- perhaps I should have been clearer. I admit to being enthralled by the performance. Hell.... When was the last time we showed a new player this amount of respect? It's been a while. But..... I stand by my statement. The Rangers will make him a a better player. Take him to levels he could never have been to at any other side.

That.... was the point. Whether Nicky becomes so called 'world class' is up to him and Lancaster Gate.

But.. he IS a Ranger. And glad to have him too!