Doncaster on SSB - Heavy Hints Hearts NewCo will Stay In Premiership

This is exactly why I was against reconstruction. It was the failsafe for any other SPL club that suffered a newco event to retain their share in the league. We had our old SPL share removed for being a newco and were left to apply to the SFL. Now all 42 clubs have a share in the SPFL, if one club were to newco, its unlikely they will remove their share. They've fudged the whole thing up to protect the SPL clubs from going the same route as we were forced down. IMO that is ALL reconstruction was about. There is a time and a place so Ill say Bastards!

I believe you are spot on there. These were also my concerns.

Should another newco apply, then they should have to go to the bottom tier.

Anything else will look like a conspiracy.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I don't buy into conspiracy theories etc... this lot are as close as it gets. Corrupt to the core. (tu)

When I saw Dungcaster at our match on Sunday, I nearly broke the TV. Despicable 'man'.

As much as I don't buy into conspiracy theories etc... this lot are as close as it gets. Corrupt to the core. (tu)

When I saw Dungcaster at our match on Sunday, I nearly broke the TV. Despicable 'man'.

Agree i think he can count himself lucky the support didn't see him.

Agree i think he can count himself lucky the support didn't see him.

Aye quite right mate. But then again.. why give this cretin any attention. Probably what he craves. I would not be surprised if he said to himself "Think I'll say Hearts newco can stay up just to see the Rangers supporters reaction" Seriously. Ah well.. we have better things to do (tu)

I might be completely deluded and utterly stupid for saying this, but I can't see them doing this. Really. They would be a complete laughing stock (I know, I heard it..) if they even tried to do this.

I think it'll really be the straw that brakes the camels back if this happened.

Remember their banner heading 'sporting integrity' !!!!!!! Ha!

I might be completely deluded and utterly stupid for saying this, but I can't see them doing this. Really. They would be a complete laughing stock (I know, I heard it..) if they even tried to do this.

I think it'll really be the straw that brakes the camels back if this happened.

Remember their banner heading 'sporting integrity' !!!!!!! Ha!

Deluded and stupid fits Doncaster and his band of merry men perfectly!

Disgraceful... Bigger problem for Hearts is..... Can they survive liquidation? Dungcaster might want to keep them in the 'premiership'...but they will have no place to play imho.

They will have the cheek to keep hearts in and claim its somehow different. If that does happen we should raise a right royal rumpus and scream from the rooftops, then scream some more. Keep going and eventually enough folk will hear it. The tims have been doing this successfully for years. In fact I'd largely credit that for getting us papped out in the first place. They convinced everyone that Rangers had to go as a punishment and there was no option. The rules mattered more than the league.

Now the tune is changing and its no surprise we are hearing about the dire state of the league again. That will form a nice backdrop for later when they backtrack on Hearts.

They would be getting their kicks in first to limit Doncasters ability to pull this off.

Nobody is afraid or manipulated by a dignified silence. They are for funerals.

As for Hearts having no stadium. If that happens they will simply groundshare. That would require permission from......you've guessed it.......so no problem there.

Wait for this kind of excuse....

ND - If we had an SPL2 at the time of Rangers troubles, they would simply have been dropped down into that league. There was no route for Rangers to go into SFL1 so SFL3 was the only option. Fortunately we have improved the league structure to facilitate clubs in financial difficulties to shed their debt and drop down no more than 1 division. If we can drag a summer liquidation event out until such time as the league starts then there will be no cause to demote said team.

Makes my stomach turn at the thought of it but I can see it coming.

Worst case scenario I see for Hearts is drop 1 division and ground share with someone.

Interesting, with the financial irregularities at Tynecastle (some might perceive this as "financial doping"), that Shug isn't asking for the likes of Skacel and Black to return their SC Medals or have new ones minted for the Hibs. That wouldn't fit their agenda now would it.

oh... and titles stripped anyone?

Not for me!

Perhaps i'm too level minded to make a judgement. Ask any Hibs fans and they'll say absolutely. If Petrie had clout over the Leagues and the Press you'd see a clamour for it. Alas Rod isn't quite as connected as Lieswell.

The problem they would face is not whether Hearts new co or not it's that Hearts the club will be liquidated. In that case any club calling it self Hearts will be a new club. In our case the parent company was placed in liquidation and the club was sold to a new owner (new co), the club itself was never placed in liquidation.

If Hearts as a club are liquidated someone may buy the name, but it will be a new club and as such can't be entered into or remain in the top flight. Under negotiation it may be allowed to join the new Div.2, but realistically it may have to begin at the bottom of the pile as there are other clubs who would probably contest their right to go into Div.2 ahead of them.

Even in Scotland with the likes of Doncaster and Regan involved it would be a hard sell to convince anybody that a newly formed club could be parachuted into the top division without major questions having to be answered especially in regards to how this compares to last summer and the treatment of Rangers. I'm sure there are plenty of lawyers out there rubbing their hands at the prospect of earnings from possible legal challenges over this situation.

Not for me!

Perhaps i'm too level minded to make a judgement. Ask any Hibs fans and they'll say absolutely. If Petrie had clout over the Leagues and the Press you'd see a clamour for it. Alas Rod isn't quite as connected as Lieswell.

Yes.. I was asking if they would even consider it -- like they did for us? In other words.. it ain't a level playing field is it.

Hearts will not be demoted any divisions. They are playing with fire abit though the Spfl. Will hearts see out the season? All season ticket monies have gone and anymore that came in was to see the club through pre season. Theres simply no assets to make decent money on. It will be funnier watching them gwt relegated on the field of play. Then we can give them a good pasting next season

The point made by my colleague on New-606-Rangers, El Car, was this :

If HMFC fails to complete Season 2013-2014 and their record is expunged, that takes up the relegation spot.

Personally, I think the 15 point penalty will be insurmountable even if HMFC does survive the Season.

Either way, the other 'Premiership' Clubs are cushioned.

P.S. I am aware that 11th will be in the Relegation Play-Off matches.

The problem they would face is not whether Hearts new co or not it's that Hearts the club will be liquidated. In that case any club calling it self Hearts will be a new club.

A Hearts newco wont be the same club as they've already been liquidated before this would be liquidation number 2 for them.

Can you provide a link to this? I'm not saying its not true, but am interested in the details. Cheers!

Hearts went newco in 1905..

Hearts' early history

• Formed in 1874
  • Club won first trophy, beating rivals Hibs in Edinburgh FA Cup final in 1878
  • Moved to current Tynecastle in 1886
  • In 1890 become one of 11 founding members of Scottish Football League
  • Club won Scottish Cup for first time in 1891
  • First Scottish league title arrived in 1895

• Club formed a limited liability company in 1903

• That was wound up in 1905, present company formed

• Many Hearts players killed or wounded in First World War

Sorry BBC link don't click if you don't want to give them hits..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22957665

Under Hearts early history section....