Walter Smith Out in 24 Hrs - Statement Today

Reading all the stuff that's come out in the last few days, Walter is against Green, Green was brought in after a resolution to remove people he brought to the club. So logically I would assume Walter would support Paul Murray/Jim McColl in their attempt to get on the board and then get rid of Green which I see as their end game.

If that's the case, why resign? if the papers are to be believed (stop laughing at the back!) then Murray has enough shareholder backing to force this. Surely if the EGM goes ahead and they get on the board Walter would be better staying? None of this seems to make any se!nse

Unless Mini is coming in as chairman, Walter has already stated he is not for the long haul.

He also seemed to lose the vote for green being restated. He may feel that being at odds with the current board and unqualified for the position is to much for him.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless Mini is coming in as chairman, Walter has already stated he is not for the long haul.

He also seemed to lose the vote for green being restated. He may feel that being at odds with the current board and unqualified for the position is to much for him.

You cant just quit because you get out voted on issues.

Paul Murray cannot be on the board due to the SFA 5-year rule about directors of clubs involved in insolvency events.

So he can't even get on the board, unless that rule is relaxed.

Walter will always be a legend in my eyes, giving us some very good times in our history. That said, he is not a football or business chairman, something that I have said from the start. I don't like the thought of him signing cheques, especially when it is to assist his good friend attempt to become a good manager.

Walter and Ally are both 'Rangers Men', if you allow me to use that term, but to keep that status they need to walk. Yes, we all cling onto a saying that Ally created himself, but they do need to walk away, now.

Apart from when he came out and told the fans that Lloyds were running the club.

did he tell us that everyone was for sale prior to murrays exit? Has he told us what is happening in the boardroom? Has he offered any information on what is going on or put down those who are looking to destroy us, SFA etc?

did he tell us that everyone was for sale prior to murrays exit? Has he told us what is happening in the boardroom? Has he offered any information on what is going on or put down those who are looking to destroy us, SFA etc?

The SFA are not trying to destroy us FFS!

One minute folk are claiming that the SFA/SPL are desperate to shoehorn us into a division as they need our cash, the next minute they are claiming they want us destroyed. Make up your minds.

The way things are going at the minute, I would not rule out the idea of us needing some help off the SFA in the near future.

You cant just quit because you get out voted on issues.

Smith can and he knows he will get everyone on his side by leaking out to his sources about his intentions.

Don't be surprised to see one of the most pathetic displays in our history in the Broomloan tomorrow about Green being the anti-Christ and Smith and McCoist being our saviours.

It's enough to make me not look forward to the game now.

Paul Murray cannot be on the board due to the SFA 5-year rule about directors of clubs involved in insolvency events.

So he can't even get on the board, unless that rule is relaxed.

I am no lawyer but I would love to read the full rule on that. It is my opinion that if the person was a director of the company under a different ownership and left before the new owner took control, any lawyer would be able to argue that the person in question was not part of the insolvency action.