McCoist wage cut?

BEARGER

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we take from the papers what sounds good and blast them for the things we don't like........why did Ally not mention this t the stage manged meeting or why didn't he announce it yesterday after the game.

Certain posters troll other sites for gossip , make a thread and do not give their opinion .

Asked if any Rangers executives had ever said his wages were too high, or asked him to take a drop, McCoist said: “No.” When then asked if he would consider a pay cut, the Rangers manager replied: “Yes.”

Well found, this thread is typical of the guy who posted it.............looks for certain plus things about certain people........starts a thread and doesn't add anything apart from the OP.

I'm reading everyone saying well done to Ally for taking a wage cut.

He hasn't taken a cut yet, it was a hypothetical question put to him in an interview.

My question to Ally would be, why the f**k are you on £750,000 a year in the first place?

Third tier of shitty Scottish football and getting £750,000 the highest annual wage at the club!

Don't hit me with what Ally has done for the club, he's bleeding it dry in hard financial times.

Not against Ally being manager, just against a very greedy and unrealistic wage.

Oh btw Charles Greens wage is a token £1000 per month (£12,000 a year) which he is donating to charity.

Who is really helping the club?

Wonder how much Durrant , Durie and all the other pals are getting? How much did Walter get?

I brox needs a real clearout.

McCoist offers to take pay cut as Dave King warns over Rangers' finance

Richard%20Wilson-wee.jpg

Richard Wilson

Sports writer

Sunday 11 August 2013

Ally McCoist says he is willing to take a pay cut if the Rangers board believes it will help to protect the club's financial future.

Will the board of Directors do the same ? Don't go holding your breath.

Well done Ally.

If true well done Ally.

£750k is a ridiculous wage for us at this moment.i believe the manager and his assistants should be on a more basic one ( 150-200 ) and the rest made up in bonuses.

These bonuses should be as we progress in each round of the individual cups - say 10k for 1st round and increasing as we progress with the biggest payment if we win it.

I'm saying this on a financial argument. Getting knocked out of cups hits us financially and it's crazy to keep paying these wages when that particular avenue of income comes to an end.

The wage he is on for managing at this level is ridiculous and I'm glad he is open to cutting his wage. The same has to go for Durrant and McDowall. Not only them, but the whole board should be cutting their salaries down. Extremely and worryingly high.

Exactly. The salaries / bonuses being paid are a disgrace.

Im also very concerned about our financial situation though I will wait until the accounts are out before I panic.

Another thing to consider. If it's true Ally's. salary is K£750 when you then add on Natinal insurance at employee rate, pension contribution, company car cost and private medical schem this takes his total compensation to closer to M£1 per annul. This is bloody ridiculous considing where we are.

You could probably say same again for joint cost of McDowall and Durranty.

Something or someone has to give here.

(tu)

I can see it right now. Due to the IPO, the figures on the face of it will look healthy and people will say "see we are all right"

Then we have to remember on top of the IPO, we have 38,000 season book cash for last season and lets say we have 20,000 who paid in full prior to 30th June, then that cash will be in the bank as well. Again, people will misinterpret that and say "see we are all right"

Anyone who urges caution will be shot down as a dhim.

But most of all, as noted above, none of us will know exactly or in my opinion, even roughly the amount of "cash" we received in the run up to the 30th June from:

a) Full paying season renewals

b) Zebra finance paying renewals

c) 1st instalment from 4 month paying season renewals.

The account will clear some things up, but it wont tell us everything im afraid. (tu)

As I said to someone last night, I think the accounts are just as likely to result in more questions than answers.

Everyone is saying stuff like "wait for the accounts" and "the accounts will clear all this up once and for all" and all the variations of those lines of thought, but I doubt if they'll tell us all that much at all about the true state of the club's finances.

I hope I'm wrong, but I genuinely think the accounts are likely to paint a far rosier picture than what the current state of play actually is. They'll be like the financial equivalent of a polished turd.

I agree. Right now we are Ally McCoist and the squad. The Board and their machinations is an alien concept to fans who believed we had stability upstairs.

For the fans to call for a wage cut to be applied to Ally...........think about it. He could have been the manager of the national team if he and Walter hadn't come home.

Manager of Scotland gets about 400k per year. ~half what he is on now.

Based on the quoted figures of £750,000 pa plus 100% bonus, Ally is going to take £4.5 Million out of Rangers if he gets 3 successive promotions. A contract negotiation for him and his team is long overdue.

McCoist doesn't get a bonus for promotion apparently.

Typical Ally .Hea a shite manager but knows how to play the press and the fans.He should be getting the boot but is trying to portray himself as a hero for cutting a salary that's obscene . He had no problems with his salary till it was exposed on Thursday at the meeting.

You fucking disgust me.

He's a thousand times more a Gers man than you will ever be.................wait a mo,are you a Gers man???

He hasn't taken a cut yet, it was a hypothetical question put to him in an interview.

My question to Ally would be, why the f**k are you on £750,000 a year in the first place?

Third tier of shitty Scottish football and getting £750,000 the highest annual wage at the club!

Don't hit me with what Ally has done for the club, he's bleeding it dry in hard financial times.

Not against Ally being manager, just against a very greedy and unrealistic wage.

Oh btw Charles Greens wage is a token £1000 per month (£12,000 a year) which he is donating to charity.

Wonder how much Durrant , Durie and all the other pals are getting? How much did Walter get?

Wish we could start by clearing the likes of you out.

He's on that wage cos that's what he was assigned.How the fuck is this his fault.He's now volunteering to hand some of this back(tho,legally,he certainly doesn't need to!) but,still,rockets like you are on his back.

And,your "bleeding the club dry" comment offends the fuck out of me.He is more of a Ger than 99% of us on here(yeah,I know you would work for free etc,etc)

We have,officially,the most negative support on this shitey planet!

Yea it's ally's fault he's on that wage, honestly beyond belief on here sometimes.